Pages:
Author

Topic: Get the Note - a digital token by Republic, a US company backed by Binance & Neo - page 3. (Read 3199 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
What is the minimum investment amount?

Each company sets their own minimum investment amount. Republic’s platform-wide minimum is $10.
Activity: 28
What is the minimum investment amount?
Activity: 23
Remember, if you want the ability to raise over $107,000, you must have your GAAP finances reviewed by an independent CPA.
Activity: 26
If you're still not sure, it's best to check with a CPA. We recommend using Kristine Rasmussen from Assure ([email protected]). Most startups that have raised on Republic work with Kristine.
Activity: 17
How do I know if my financials are GAAP compliant?

GAAP refers to "generally accepted accounting principles", an industry standard for reporting financial information. To fundraise using Regulation Crowdfunding, you must submit your financial statements in GAAP format.
What kind of startups are accepted to raise?
Only U.S.-based companies are accepted (you have to be incorporated in the US)
Only companies that pass the criteria of our investment committee  https://republic.co/learn/investors/how_we_select_startups
More criteria listed here
https://republic.co/learn/issuers/who_can_raise
Activity: 18
What kind of startups are accepted to raise?
Activity: 24
Who needs to have a Bad Actor Check run on them?

Anyone in your company that falls into one or more of these categories must provide Republic their full name legal name, SSN/TIN, phone-number, address and DOB:

Officer (anyone with "officer" in their title);
Director (anyone on your board, but not informal advisors); and/or
Any person or entity that holds 20% or more of the company.
Who needs to have a Bad Actor Check run on them?
What are GAAP Financials and when do I need them to be "Reviewed"?

You must disclose your last 2 fiscal years in GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). If you want to raise more than $107,000, these financial documents must be "Reviewed," Not Audited, by an independent CPA
What are GAAP Financials and when do I need them to be "Reviewed"?
Activity: 31
Does my company need to be incorporated in a particular state to fundraise on Republic?

No, as long as your company is based in the United States it does not need to be incorporated in a particular state to fundraise on Republic.
Activity: 28
Does my company need to be incorporated in a particular state to fundraise on Republic?
Can companies based outside the US raise money on Republic?

No, only United States-based companies can raise via equity crowdfunding per US law.
Activity: 26
Can companies based outside the US raise money on Republic?
How does Flat Fee Attorney pricing work?

By being affiliated with Republic, you get a special discount on Form C reviews through our independent attorneys we have partnered. How the flat fee is determined is explained below.

Number of Prior Issuances of Securities to Investors (Equity, Debt, SAFE, SAFT, etc.)
Credit Card: ~3.5%
If you would like your investors to have the convenience of using a credit or debit card for investment a ~3.5% fee is charged by the service provider. For example if an investor uses their card for a $100 investment your fee would be $3.50. This would only apply to investments made with a credit or debit card, and only if the campaign is successful. Please note, currently Token DPA offerings cannot utilize credit card processing.
Activity: 18
Marketing budget: $0
We highly recommend, but do not require, you to spend money on marketing, social media or otherwise. There might be a live event you want to attend, you might decide to have a party. These costs are optional and you decide on the total costs, but can have major impact on how much you raise.
Video: $0
Spend as little or as much as you want. It’s up to you. Already have a video? Chances are you can use that for your campaign.

Attorney review: $0-$3,500
If you have an in-house counsel or your own representation, you can use their services. If you need representation, our partners offer a flat fee structure for Form C compliance and legal review. In addition they will file your Form C, all amendments during the campaign (if applicable) and your post campaign Form C-U declaring the campaign end. Finally, they will help you setup and review your investor agreement (i.e., the security you are selling to investors - most likely our Crowd Safe). This bill is typically paid upfront.
Video: $0
Spend as little or as much as you want. It’s up to you. Already have a video? Chances are you can use that for your campaign.
Pages:
Jump to: