Pages:
Author

Topic: Get the Note - a digital token by Republic, a US company backed by Binance & Neo - page 7. (Read 3199 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
How much does it cost to raise on Republic?
Activity: 24
How do I print or download an offering page as PDF?

To print an offering (deal) page, use your browser's print function (Cmd+P on Mac, Ctrl+P on Windows).

The easiest way to download a page as a PDF is to go through the print command, and choose "Print to PDF" or "Save as PDF" in the print destination / printer choice menu
Activity: 14
How do I print or download an offering page as PDF?
Activity: 23
How do you choose Superheroes to feature on your blog?

Companies raising funds with Republic are offered the opportunity to be featured in our blog's superheroes section once they've graduated to our home page.

Features are on a first come, first served basis. We generally publish one blog post per week.

Many companies choose to not participate in the blog; appearing on the blog is not an endorsement of a companies offering.  We also feature entrepreneurs not raising on Republic if they have an interesting story or are furthering our mission.
Activity: 15

Companies raising funds with Republic are offered the opportunity to be featured in our blog's superheroes section once they've graduated to our home page.

Features are on a first come, first served basis. We generally publish one blog post per week.
Activity: 16
For example, you had a $1,000 investment finalized and you later invested an additional $600. You can now:

increase your total investment to $1,800 ($1,000 finalized + $600 new + $200 increase),
decrease your total investment to $1,200 ($1,200 locked + $200 new),
cancel your $600 investment (prior to the cancellation deadline) and be left with the original $1,000 investment
but you could not reduce your total investment below $1,000.
Activity: 17
Can I increase my investment after it is finalized during a rolling close?

Yes you can increase your investment, however this will effectively be made as a new investment.

Because of this, you can only later cancel or amend this part of the investment.
Can I increase my investment after it is finalized during a rolling close?
Activity: 31
What is a rolling close and how does it affect my investment?
What are the conditions allowing the startup to do a rolling close?
Activity: 26
How does a startup graduate to the home page?

Every company raising funds on Republic is viewable on our All Companies  page. But how does a company make it to the home page and to the top navigation section under the “For investors” label? We use objective criteria to graduate a company:

A company graduates to the home page when:

(1) The company raises more than $25,000; and

(2) The company has not requested to be left off of the home page; such request may be withdrawn at any time requirement (1) is met.

Appearing on the home page is not an endorsement of a company's offering. Companies that appear on the home page are offered the opportunity to (i) have their campaign's launch announced via an email to Republic's user base (ii) be featured in the Superheroes blog.

Republic reserves the right to change this policy without notice, this policy was last updated on January 24, 2019. Version 1.1.
How does a startup graduate to the home page?
How do I get my post marked as "Helpful" ?
Activity: 13
How are my investments taxed?

Crowd SAFE investments: Crowd SAFE investments grant the holder a contingent right to receive stock or cash at a later period of time. Generally, these investments do not generate a taxable event until some type of liquidity event (e.g. when the issuer engages in an initial public offering or is acquired).  Crowd SAFE instruments typically do not afford an investor the right to receive K-1s or similar tax documents. 

Token DPA investments: The Token DPA is a debt-like instrument which affords the investor the right to a future cash payment or tokens. If the investor receives cash with interest, tax will be due on the interest gained. If the investor receives tokens, tax guidance is unclear as to whether there is a taxable event. You may have to pay tax on the value gained then or pay tax when you sell or trade the tokens.  Token DPA instruments typically do not afford an investor the right to receive K-1s or similar tax documents.

Other instrument types such as the Crowd SDA and Crowd TPA will be taxed based on facts and circumstances unique to each instrument. You should consult with the issuing company and your tax advisor.
Activity: 18

Crowd SAFE investments: Crowd SAFE investments grant the holder a contingent right to receive stock or cash at a later period of time. Generally, these investments do not generate a taxable event until some type of liquidity event (e.g. when the issuer engages in an initial public offering or is acquired).  Crowd SAFE instruments typically do not afford an investor the right to receive K-1s or similar tax documents. 

The following information is based on our understanding of how some investors will be taxed on commonly used investment instruments.  Each company hosted on Republic prepares its own security instrument for fundraising.  We do not provide any guidance as to how such instruments may be taxed generally or how a specific investor purchasing these instruments would be taxed, and encourage you to discuss any tax questions with your tax, legal, accounting, and other financial advisers.  The great majority of investments in seed-stage and early-stage companies result in complete losses for the investor, so tax losses may be expected on your investment. 
Activity: 14
I am a Canadian investor, can I participate?

Canadian investors may be subject to additional holding requirements that exceed those that apply to US investors. https://republic.co/learn/investors/selling

Canadian investors should consult with their local regulators and each company's Form C before investing.
Activity: 15
I am a Canadian investor, can I participate?

Each company on Republic decides which jurisdictions to accept investors from and is responsible for ensuring they are compliant in that jurisdiction.

When an offering is open to international investors, Canadian investors are welcome to participate in offerings on Republic.
Pages:
Jump to: