Pages:
Author

Topic: Getting paid for signature space? - page 3. (Read 12479 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
February 21, 2015, 11:18:59 AM
What are the minimum requirements for selling your signature space to advertisers?  I'm curious as to how this actually works and if you actually get paid? All it basically comes down to is, your promoting they're services right?

Link here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-of-bitcointalk-signature-ad-campaigns-last-update-01-jan-23-615953, self explanatory. The higher a member you are, and the more you post, the more you get paid Smiley

MEPH

Thanks for the link, any idea if that thread is up to date?

Mitchell regulary updates the thread, and many other users help him with info regarding changes in current campaigns and about the new ones available.
Its pretty much the best place u can gather info about current campaigns.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
February 21, 2015, 09:52:09 AM
What are the minimum requirements for selling your signature space to advertisers?  I'm curious as to how this actually works and if you actually get paid? All it basically comes down to is, your promoting they're services right?

Link here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-of-bitcointalk-signature-ad-campaigns-last-update-01-jan-23-615953, self explanatory. The higher a member you are, and the more you post, the more you get paid Smiley

MEPH

Thanks for the link, any idea if that thread is up to date?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 21, 2015, 08:58:33 AM
very nice topic!But how one puts a signature in his profile,I cannot put links Sad

you need to boost your activity for that
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
February 21, 2015, 02:51:34 AM
This greatly depends on the requirements of the person who buys your space.

But it's usually member and up.

as of today every one can join a signature campaign. as you can see here too https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-of-bitcointalk-signature-ad-campaigns-last-update-01-jan-23-615953 there are a couple of signature campaigns that accept Newbie accounts too as a participant.
but outsource the payment increases as the rank goes up
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 21, 2015, 06:18:48 AM

MEPH
Just a add on, some campaigns has a hard limit or flat rate such that once you hit the limit, you won't get paid for those post past the limits or make a certain amount of posts based on requirement and you will get paid.

Confirming this, make sure you read the stats and limits on the link i posted, shows it all there on the right hand side
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
CoinBooster Rep
February 21, 2015, 02:30:32 AM
This greatly depends on the requirements of the person who buys your space.

But it's usually member and up.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 20, 2015, 02:45:06 AM

MEPH
Just a add on, some campaigns has a hard limit or flat rate such that once you hit the limit, you won't get paid for those post past the limits or make a certain amount of posts based on requirement and you will get paid.
legendary
Activity: 1120
February 19, 2015, 09:33:21 PM
very nice topic!But how one puts a signature in his profile,I cannot put links Sad

because you are newbie.

Your signature will allow links once you get jr status
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 19, 2015, 09:08:25 PM

MEPH
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 19, 2015, 06:32:36 PM
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
February 19, 2015, 06:17:06 PM
This isn't exactly true. There is now a campaign offered to Newbies, so you could join one from day 1. It's the 777 campaign. Search for it in Service Discussions, the "Overview on Signature Campaigns" thread.

Remember to keep your posts constructive. Nothing's worse than perverting this benefit by posting meaningless posts just to keep your numbers high. Let's make sure we respect the entire community by only posting valuable, constructive comments.

Cheers.
just to complement your post, a link to the overview of the signature campaigns thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-of-bitcointalk-signature-ad-campaigns-last-update-01-jan-23-615953
There are at least three different campaigns atm, offering payments to newbies.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 19, 2015, 05:30:20 PM
You get paid, you make posts, then as that happens, they will pay your the necessary amount. It actually works or it wouldn't be so popular, and you do promote their services. You must be member at least, or about 2 months for that status.

This isn't exactly true. There is now a campaign offered to Newbies, so you could join one from day 1. It's the 777 campaign. Search for it in Service Discussions, the "Overview on Signature Campaigns" thread.

Remember to keep your posts constructive. Nothing's worse than perverting this benefit by posting meaningless posts just to keep your numbers high. Let's make sure we respect the entire community by only posting valuable, constructive comments.

Cheers.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 01, 2014, 05:40:35 AM
A lot of people agree that it needs to be on topic and adding to discussion to be considered constructive I often have to reduce non constructive posts of mine from the total.

So you're counting your posts for Primedice? They don't do it for you?

IIRC, Stunna (owner of PD) mentioned that participants should count the number of constructive posts and enter it, or Stunna will do it for you. Smiley

Old version of the PD campaign thread: https://bitcointa.lk/?topic=291387.0
Instructions
3. On the 17th if you've reached the minimum requirement of 50 posts, send me a PM letting me know how many constructive posts you made, please deduct any non-constructive posts from this number, otherwise I will have to do so myself.
He probably removed it, if not everyone would just submit their username for counting. Since the campaign have over 100++ participants, he can't count all of them. It is better to count the post as it lessen the burden for Stunna.
Activity: 896
August 01, 2014, 05:38:46 AM
A lot of people agree that it needs to be on topic and adding to discussion to be considered constructive I often have to reduce non constructive posts of mine from the total.

Stunna (owner of PD) mentioned that participants should count the number of constructive posts and enter it, or Stunna will do it for you. Smiley

Old version of the PD campaign thread: https://bitcointa.lk/?topic=291387.0
Instructions
3. On the 17th if you've reached the minimum requirement of 50 posts, send me a PM letting me know how many constructive posts you made, please deduct any non-constructive posts from this number, otherwise I will have to do so myself.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 01, 2014, 05:38:35 AM
trust me you need to post a grip to get any btc around on this forum.

And thats if those posts are approved, which most dont go through since its counted as spam.

That's true most have to be constructive. which is very hard to meet the minimum amount for that month. It's only a little bit of Bitcoin but anything is better than nothing really.

So is there an easy to know threshold of what's considered spam vs. constructive? Would this question/post be considered spam even though I'm asking a genuine question?

There is nothing set in stone. Most campaign managers reserve the right to make their own decisions regarding this, so when in doubt, do not pad your post count. Some are explicit; my campaign, for instance, urges members to make 3+ sentences per post to be considered constructive.

I'm awaiting my first payment from 777 and still new to how the tracking of the post counts work. For example, I had 100 posts in the first week but wasn't clear on when the count rolls over again.
Yup, Stunna cannot possibly count 100++ participants worth of post within a few days. By the user counting it, Stunna can just quickly look through the post and count non constructive post and he can check if the report of constructive post is the same as the actual one.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
August 01, 2014, 02:46:50 AM
trust me you need to post a grip to get any btc around on this forum.

And thats if those posts are approved, which most dont go through since its counted as spam.

That's true most have to be constructive. which is very hard to meet the minimum amount for that month. It's only a little bit of Bitcoin but anything is better than nothing really.

So is there an easy to know threshold of what's considered spam vs. constructive? Would this question/post be considered spam even though I'm asking a genuine question?

There is nothing set in stone. Most campaign managers reserve the right to make their own decisions regarding this, so when in doubt, do not pad your post count. Some are explicit; my campaign, for instance, urges members to make 3+ sentences per post to be considered constructive.

I'm awaiting my first payment from 777 and still new to how the tracking of the post counts work. For example, I had 100 posts in the first week but wasn't clear on when the count rolls over again.
Activity: 784
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
July 29, 2014, 11:46:46 AM
I agree that if you are posting a lot anyway then you might as well get paid a little and help a Bitcoin business get a lot of traffic and people using their service.

Yeah, people were posting a lot before paid signatures became common.
Activity: 616
July 29, 2014, 11:42:24 AM
I agree that if you are posting a lot anyway then you might as well get paid a little and help a Bitcoin business get a lot of traffic and people using their service.
Activity: 700
July 29, 2014, 11:40:42 AM
Check out my sig.  I'd recommend them because they pay weekly and pay for some posts upfront.  I think that is the gold standard that all sig campaigns should shoot for.  Sure, Stunna has such a good rep he doesn't need to do that but for the newer ones, you can't beat lunamine.  (no spots currently but you can try every week).
Pages:
Jump to: