Pages:
Author

Topic: Getting paid for signature space? - page 8. (Read 12479 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2014, 04:59:09 AM
Can you really make thousands with it?
I'm interested to also do this as I've seen threads buying signature space. and will they also be willing to pay for signatures to other business forums?

You can make hundreds.  But it is easy to get in trouble by posting too much.  Off topic seems to have become a magnet for people making dozens of marginal posts in an effort to get paid for their signature space.  I have not seen any that pay for other forums but I guess you could ask.

Good Luck!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
July 06, 2014, 04:32:48 AM

I'm interested to also do this as I've seen threads buying signature space. and will they also be willing to pay for signatures to other business forums?
There are usually limits and they don't pay as much as thousands, I don't believe they would allow you to cash out thousands. Also, not much people can manage that much constructive posts.

Most or all of the pay-per-post programs now have a weekly or monthly limit, so for some, the gravy train is over. Tongue Indeed, I've seen more than a few people banned (for spamming) trying to crank out posts for signature payouts.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 06, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

There are usually limits and they don't pay as much as thousands, I don't believe they would allow you to cash out thousands. Also, not much people can manage that much constructive posts.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
July 06, 2014, 04:22:45 AM

No but you can make some Bitcoins
(too much time in activity to those high tiers)
But if bitcoin price goes up could be worth thousands in the future.

I believe so. one reason i am trying to get into it. 1 bitcoin is currently equivalent to $600+. IF it rises in the future one, bitcoin can give me much.
Activity: 700
July 06, 2014, 04:07:28 AM

No but you can make some Bitcoins
(too much time in activity to those high tiers)
But if bitcoin price goes up could be worth thousands in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
July 06, 2014, 04:04:30 AM

Buy and sell bitcoins,
July 06, 2014, 03:54:39 AM
Just a quick question:

Are posts in the off-topic forum included or excluded when earning from a sig campaign?

I can't say for sure for all of them, but generally, they are included. I have heard of people being banned for spamming when posting too much in Off-Topic, so be careful, LOL. Smiley
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
July 06, 2014, 03:44:56 AM
Just a quick question:

Are posts in the off-topic forum included or excluded when earning from a sig campaign?
Buy and sell bitcoins,
July 06, 2014, 12:14:43 AM
The rankings are structured this way (IMO) at least partly to allow for people to get to understand how bitcoin works prior to earning a higher rank.

I think it was more so a direct response to signature advertising programs -- which is why activity is linked to signature permissions (font size, colors, links, etc). Spam ties into this as well.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 06, 2014, 12:02:23 AM
It seems like I`m so far away.. from getting any btc going on lol.

Faucets suck too.

Yeah, faucets won't get you too far. As far as signature ads, there are accounts being bought/sold in the digital goods subforum. It's sort of frowned upon, but I get the feeling that more than a few newbies have gone that route.

I wouldn't suggest newbies to buy a "higher rank" account at all.
The account seller could get the accounts back at any time in the future (FYI: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/recovering-hacked-accounts-or-accounts-with-lost-passwords-497545), and also the account could get negative trust and become worthless if the account sale is made public.

I wasn't really suggesting anything. Just pointing out that it's done and that it's frowned upon. But it is allowed. It does take a certain level of trust in the account seller since, yes, they can recover the account by signing a transaction from an address linked to the account. But they won't get very far selling accounts that way.
It doesn't even take that long to "earn" your way up to member status anyway, and in the time you spend getting your rank up there you can learn a lot by reading these forums.

Well, it does take some time. 2 months, I believe, since you can earn 14 activity your first day as a newbie. So, 8 weeks to get to 70 activity (56 is the last level, so still a junior member at that point). I don't disagree though. 2 months isn't that long, and you do learn a lot in the meantime, surely.
The rankings are structured this way (IMO) at least partly to allow for people to get to understand how bitcoin works prior to earning a higher rank.
Buy and sell bitcoins,
July 05, 2014, 11:37:29 PM

Faucets suck too.

Yeah, faucets won't get you too far. As far as signature ads, there are accounts being bought/sold in the digital goods subforum. It's sort of frowned upon, but I get the feeling that more than a few newbies have gone that route.

The account seller could get the accounts back at any time in the future (FYI: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/recovering-hacked-accounts-or-accounts-with-lost-passwords-497545), and also the account could get negative trust and become worthless if the account sale is made public.

I wasn't really suggesting anything. Just pointing out that it's done and that it's frowned upon. But it is allowed. It does take a certain level of trust in the account seller since, yes, they can recover the account by signing a transaction from an address linked to the account. But they won't get very far selling accounts that way.
It doesn't even take that long to "earn" your way up to member status anyway, and in the time you spend getting your rank up there you can learn a lot by reading these forums.

Well, it does take some time. 2 months, I believe, since you can earn 14 activity your first day as a newbie. So, 8 weeks to get to 70 activity (56 is the last level, so still a junior member at that point). I don't disagree though. 2 months isn't that long, and you do learn a lot in the meantime, surely.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 05, 2014, 11:21:50 PM

Faucets suck too.

July 05, 2014, 11:01:08 PM
Their own reason is because they can't keep track of ALL account sales and trades. From my own point of view why wouldn't it be allowed? A forum account has a value, therefore you should be able to sell it.

from a purely libertarian standpoint, this would be the case. however, there are some considerations -- buying a trusted forum account could potentially set people up to get scammed, since no one would be aware that the account had changed hands.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
July 05, 2014, 07:51:52 PM

Faucets suck too.

If the writing style changes, change in IP address or much active than before, it can be a sign of the account being stolen or bought. Not accurate though, but a likely sign. Newbies shouldn't buy that since they may not be able to get constructive post.

Only theymos can see the IPs, and I think neither him or any staff member will hunt sold accounts, since it is allowed in the forum rules. Others signals may or may not be accurate, deppending of how popular the former owner was.

But the constructive posts stuff is something you have to think, you don't know if the bought account have been banned before, so your new ban can be a very long one, or maybe a permanent one.

Then why do you they allow it in the 1st place? I dont get it.. lol.
Their own reason is because they can't keep track of ALL account sales and trades. From my own point of view why wouldn't it be allowed? A forum account has a value, therefore you should be able to sell it.
Buy and sell bitcoins,
July 05, 2014, 05:45:04 PM

Faucets suck too.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
July 05, 2014, 04:51:23 PM

Faucets suck too.

If the writing style changes, change in IP address or much active than before, it can be a sign of the account being stolen or bought. Not accurate though, but a likely sign. Newbies shouldn't buy that since they may not be able to get constructive post.

Only theymos can see the IPs, and I think neither him or any staff member will hunt sold accounts, since it is allowed in the forum rules. Others signals may or may not be accurate, deppending of how popular the former owner was.

But the constructive posts stuff is something you have to think, you don't know if the bought account have been banned before, so your new ban can be a very long one, or maybe a permanent one.

Please check https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3269475.
As it has been answered, yes Forum accounts are allowed to be bought or sold, and you may have more than one. The reason being, it would be impossible for the staff to weed out all account sales and multiple accounts. We just couldn't do it, so by allowing it, everyone is aware that it happens and knows to watch out for it if they need to. If we said no buying/selling accounts and no alt accounts allowed, the many people who could slip through the cracks would be able to do far more damage, as the community wouldn't be on guard the same way it is now.

That being said, buying/selling accounts isn't always bad, people can use the accounts for paid signature advertising, giveaways, and whatnaught, rather than using them to scam. There are scammers, and those that use alts responsibly. Some people have alt/purchased accounts so that they may speak their mind without fear of people associating certain ideals or policies to them. For example, and established business may not like to post their personal opinions which may be unpopular on the account that also is used to faciliate trade.

I hope this clears it up a bit better.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
July 05, 2014, 04:36:34 PM

Faucets suck too.

Activity: 616
July 05, 2014, 03:56:11 PM

Faucets suck too.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
July 05, 2014, 03:06:10 PM
Well not the easiest thing, to get into a proper paying signature campaign though.

But it's possible.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 05, 2014, 11:50:17 AM

Faucets suck too.

Pages:
Jump to: