Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] [Stochastically.com] - Dividend Returns - updated 12 times a day. - page 2. (Read 20535 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Just point your browser to http://www.stochastically.com

Wow.... that's really nice...

I couldn't find a donation address. Where can we send a couple of bitcoins if we want to donate to support this project?

Thanks for reminding me, donation address is 15kSprJzSimzRsKC8s4Lh1qjjV1h7vWz9o
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
Just wanted to say thank you for the website. It's a great addition to your already fantastic work.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Dividend table has been updated.  The values look correct, even the insanely high +300% for the first listed security.
That's because MOM.GLBSE.COMPOSITE halted trading and has been discontinued, so the yield is mathematically correct, even though there won't be any future dividends.

Thanks for putting up the site, it'll be very handy.
I had a bit of extra time over the weekend so I set up a site on a friend's server and put up the Dividend Return Table on the server.

Just point your browser to http://www.stochastically.com

I still have a lot to do to make it more usable like creating clickable links for the asset names but I feel it will be useful and see the server load I should expect in the future.  The table is updated at about 20:00 EST.  All the columns are sortable, just click the column title.

Dividend table has been updated.  The values look correct, even the insanely high +300% for the first listed security.
Activity: 826
Where did that 168.01 % come from? Smiley

Code:
2	GREEN	2	1	0.3601	0.3601	0.3601	0.605	168.01 %

I am not sure which table that was from.

I have updated this weeks dividend table.  I rewrote a lot of this to keep calls to GLBSE to a minimum.  The only think that calls GLBSE now is a web scraper to look for new security listings and to see the current dividend paid.  All that stuff is saved into my database and most of this table is extracted from the tables.

This table only shows securities that had at least 1 trade and 1 dividend during the last week.

I may be able to offer insight into this...
I sold a share @ .3601 and then that dividend that week was .605 so the 168% is valid for that week
It was kinda a promo where I offered to first share to the highest bidder.
I will need to look at the code again that collects the dividends.  The new API limits to 10 requests per minute.  With over 100 actively traded assets I need to add something to slow the requests down.  I should be done with it after I wake up tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Dividend chart for the week of 07/14/2012 to 07/20/2012 has been updated.

Woot! thx for the updated list Wink
Dividend chart for the week of 07/14/2012 to 07/20/2012 has been updated.

Code:

I am not sure which table that was from.

I have updated this weeks dividend table.  I rewrote a lot of this to keep calls to GLBSE to a minimum.  The only think that calls GLBSE now is a web scraper to look for new security listings and to see the current dividend paid.  All that stuff is saved into my database and most of this table is extracted from the tables.

This table only shows securities that had at least 1 trade and 1 dividend during the last week.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

Code:

Leaving anything off the list will definitely not help liquidity for the asset in question...

I am not interested in helping the liquidity of assets.  They can do their own marketing.  I am more interested in finding the highest liquid assets that gives the highest return.
Activity: 642
Leaving anything off the list will definitely not help liquidity for the asset in question...
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
It looks like the first four rows are missing (or the left hand column numbers are off) and there is no column header row.  Just fyi.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Thanks - and yes, GLBSE is SOOO SLOWWWW right now...

GLBSE 3.0 cannot get here soon enough!
Stochastic - will you continue to update?

I plan to, but I have a bot that will check the dividends paid.  Since the recent slowdown of GLBSE the bot has not been working properly.  I will have to see what is wrong before I can update again.
Wonderful thread, Very informative. But the analysis is not 100% accurate. For example BTCMC pays dividends monthly but you've calculated BTCMC as if it pays weekly dividends. You have the same issue with multiple other shares/bonds, especially the ones paying dividends monthly or daily. Would you please fix such issue in the next update? You have to go through each single share/bond and analyze it individually as there is no generic rule can be applied on the collected data.

Those securities that don't pay dividends within that weekly period won't be reported in the chart.  Investors will have to do their own due diligence in determining what timeframe dividends will be paid out.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Stochastic - will you continue to update?
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
Wonderful thread, Very informative. But the analysis is not 100% accurate. For example BTCMC pays dividends monthly but you've calculated BTCMC as if it pays weekly dividends. You have the same issue with multiple other shares/bonds, especially the ones paying dividends monthly or daily. Would you please fix such issue in the next update? You have to go through each single share/bond and analyze it individually as there is no generic rule can be applied on the collected data.
Pages:
Jump to: