Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] [Stochastically.com] - Dividend Returns - updated 12 times a day. - page 8. (Read 20535 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
The one problem that I can see is

Note:  Deviations in dividend returns between listed companies may be due to the percentage of profit returned to shareholders.  Search the forums for information on the specific listed company.

The problem could be that to some degree we're comparing apples with oranges, a company retaining 90% of earnings and paying 1 BTC in dividends would appear significantly worse from an ROI perspective than another retaining but 10% of earnings and paying 2 BTC in dividends. However, on a fair-basis comparison the first made 10 BTC and the second ~2.22.

Would it be possible to maybe add an extra column or two, stating at the least the declared % of earnings passed on as dividends and at the most an adjusted ROI?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Great idea, stochastic.

About the week coupon returns: if you add a column for a four week moving average of the weekly returns, a better comparison can be drawn between the different bonds - as long as each bond pays out at least once per difficulty period.

Nice idea.  Next week will be the first full 4 weeks for some of them so I will try to add what you suggested.

You could also/instead do an average over each difficulty period if that makes more sense. Keep up the great work, stochastic.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Great idea, stochastic.

About the week coupon returns: if you add a column for a four week moving average of the weekly returns, a better comparison can be drawn between the different bonds - as long as each bond pays out at least once per difficulty period.

Nice idea.  Next week will be the first full 4 weeks for some of them so I will try to add what you suggested.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Great idea, stochastic.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Cool. I'll be watching this.
legendary
Activity: 1666
don't suppose you could add IPO price, IPO-ROI, and cumulative dividend payments (either in total or since GLBSE 2.0 started, because presumably there may not be that information for some assets.)

This might give more informed opinion on whether to join particular assets early at preIPO/IPO, or wait a few weeks until it settles.

marked

Does anyone know the IPO prices of some for some of these assets?

Similar type of thread here -- they are digging into IPO pricing as well ==> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-current-hashpower-prices-76768
don't suppose you could add IPO price, IPO-ROI, and cumulative dividend payments (either in total or since GLBSE 2.0 started, because presumably there may not be that information for some assets.)

This might give more informed opinion on whether to join particular assets early at preIPO/IPO, or wait a few weeks until it settles.

marked

Does anyone know the IPO prices of some for some of these assets?
legendary
Activity: 1666
YABMC as well  Wink

Dividend will be paid soon after diff change (~April 26).

Thanks in advance stochastic!

If you need anything I am just a PM away...
Hi stochastic,

I will be paying dividends on the 16th. I would appreciate being added to your weekly update. Please PM me if you need anything from me.

Best,
gigavps

Yes I will add it.  I will keep an eye for it.  I go through the assets each week to look for which have paid.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Hi stochastic,

I will be paying dividends on the 16th. I would appreciate being added to your weekly update. Please PM me if you need anything from me.

Best,
gigavps
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Maybe the following sheet can help you (or others) for monthly dividend returns.
It parses any asset on GLBSE that you enter automatically and fills in the data for 2012. "Test dividends" by some assets are (of course) not deducted (there is no way of marking them as such) and I didn't implement comparison of multiple assets or a trade history (for ROI), as Nefario said "GLBSE 2.1" with an API might already be around the corner.

Still I hope it can be of some use at least, feel free to copy/improve it!

Viewing rights only (I don't want to deal with vandalism), please copy the contents/formulas to a spreadsheet you own yourself.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjDrki5tpdL3dC1VdGE5VXZBb3pUUnR3ZXcyWUNtT3c

marked

I could add in cumulative dividends in to date, most places have recorded their dividend payments somewhere.  I am also going to add in a column for MHash/BTC for the pure mining companies.  I think showing that information would be more fair to the mining contracts that may not pay out +95% of the earnings to dividends.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

marked
Thanks this is a great list to keep an eye on, especially with the couple of new launches this week, offerering 3% / week and 28% / month.

Phil

Thanks.  I plan on adding more information to the table next week so there are more things to compare against GLBSE listed contracts.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
Thanks this is a great list to keep an eye on, especially with the couple of new launches this week, offerering 3% / week and 28% / month.

Phil
Activity: 714
This is helpful, thanks!
Just correcting misinformation as I see it for the good of the community.  I do love the "take my ball and go home" approach to having your flaws pointed out though.  Hopefully Nefario can get something accurate in place soon.  This is definitely a metric the community would benefit from if done correctly.

How did I "take my ball and go home"?  I stated I will correct any information that was incorrect and even said for you to keep adding any rebuttals if you disagree with what I posted.  I will update the OP again next week with new dividend payment information and MergedMining should be on the list as it should be paying out soon.
Your information is wrong.  MergedMining has never paid that low of a dividend per share...  Looks like A) you aren't a shareholder B) you didn't do your homework very well.  

Sorry for the 'tone' of this message, but it really bothers me that I am constantly having to take the time to correct information that people post about MergedMining due to their lack of ability to actually perform decent research.  Please people, if you are going to attempt to provide the community with information, make sure you actually know what you are doing.

No problem, I see what might have happened.  During the migration from 1.0 to 2.0 the history was not moved over, but if my records are correct I was paid 0.1921980 BTC for the 302 shares I had at that time.  That is 0.000622 BTC per share I had.

Also, here you state that 6.22 BTC was paid.  With 10,000 shares that is 0.000622 BTC per share.

The previous dividend on 3/19/2012 was for 0.00128976 BTC per share.

How much did you send per share?  I can update the information if what I have is incorrect.

My apologies in advance for sounding like a dick, but this is more wrong information.  We pay 0.001 BTC per week per share and it has been this way for quite some time.  You basing the dividend % off the total number of shares created shows that you don't understand how dividends work on the GLBSE and perhaps someone else should be in charge of providing the community with this information.  No disrespect, but misinformation on public forums is not helpful to anyone in the community.  Your current metrics skew the numbers in favor of assets who have exhausted their entire supply of shares, meaning the companies who have absolutely no "skin in the game" are getting higher ratings then companies that actually take a stake in their operation.  Sort of backwards in my opinion.

That is why I state that people should search the forums for differences in reason for discrepancies between the dividend rates between companies.  For example, TyGrr only pays out 50% of profits after taking a portion to pay Goat and electricity.

Unfortunately, you paid your most recent dividend not long before the switch to 2.0 so the record of that last dividend had to be estimated.  I will just leave MergedMining off the list until next week when MergedMining pays a dividend on 2.0.

I post this here as I already am doing this information for myself.  You are free to post your own dividend information like I do, ignore this thread if you like, or post rebuttals to any information I post.
Your information is wrong.  MergedMining has never paid that low of a dividend per share...  Looks like A) you aren't a shareholder B) you didn't do your homework very well.  

Sorry for the 'tone' of this message, but it really bothers me that I am constantly having to take the time to correct information that people post about MergedMining due to their lack of ability to actually perform decent research.  Please people, if you are going to attempt to provide the community with information, make sure you actually know what you are doing.

No problem, I see what might have happened.  During the migration from 1.0 to 2.0 the history was not moved over, but if my records are correct I was paid 0.1921980 BTC for the 302 shares I had at that time.  That is 0.000622 BTC per share I had.

Also, here you state that 6.22 BTC was paid.  With 10,000 shares that is 0.000622 BTC per share.

The previous dividend on 3/19/2012 was for 0.00128976 BTC per share.

How much did you send per share?  I can update the information if what I have is incorrect.
Pages:
Jump to: