Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] [Stochastically.com] - Dividend Returns - updated 12 times a day. - page 4. (Read 20535 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Subbed....This is my new favorite thread
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 2012 dividend returns has been posted.  April data has been moved to the history.  See OP for details.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Only thing missing from the chart is consistency - ie; historical averages or concurrent # of Dividends paid (on time).  Most pay weekly so you could do consecutive weeks paid, or some pay 2-3x a week, others monthly.  'twould be nice if everyone paid weekly on a standardized fashion, but this is BTC afterall.

Maybe just an Issue Date for the security and then Consecutive Dividends paid on time (+/- x factor for human issues)?

Would be really easy to take a look at that chart and see which securities you want to go investigate further. Smiley

Thanks for doing BTW.  Great stuff.  Too bad GLBSE wasn't integrated into Google Finance, LOL.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Thanks stochastic - nice to see YABMC on top!

Note - we will now be paying 2x weekly so we will be in the chart every week!
Dividends paid between 2012-05-19 to 2012-05-25 has been updated.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
Thanks for putting this together Smiley
Great, now all I need is a little spare time to whip together a nice chart...

*sigh*

Where's my spare time?! Cry

I know, I wanted to do this myself but I don't have the time either yet.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Great, now all I need is a little spare time to whip together a nice chart...

*sigh*

Where's my spare time?! Cry
Good news, got the new dividend API to work for me.  I will update in a few hours.  I need to parse the data a little differently than before.

I see no mention of dividends on the api info page.  Care to share?

I was told it was cool:

to get dividends call:

/api/dividends/asset/ticker_symbol

for actively traded assets go to:

/api/market/assets
Dividend returns for 2012-05-12 to 2012-05-18 has been calculated.  Link to last week's dividend returns has been put in the history.
Good news, got the new dividend API to work for me.  I will update in a few hours.  I need to parse the data a little differently than before.

I sent GLBSE asking about the dividend information for their API and I was told they were working on it then.  Since it is not on the page I am reluctant to announce it for GLBSE as I don't have any affiliation with the service.  I did ask them if I could share that information.  Until I get a reply back from them I do have a link in the OP to download a csv file of all the dividends sent out since GLBSE 2.0 was initiated.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Since there is no other way to do this... {AFIK} Subscribe.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

You're right. Still might be oversight though. I'll pm Nefario.

Maybe the dividends will be returned in another way.  The last API only released the last 10 dividends so a way to return all the history would work better in the long run for people.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
You're right. Still might be oversight though. I'll pm Nefario.
Hopefully it's just some sort of update bug. I think this thread is the most valuable in this subforum.

I don't think it is a bug, on the GLBSE API info page there is no list of dividends anymore.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Hopefully it's just some sort of update bug. I think this thread is the most valuable in this subforum.
Bad news.  I was trying to update this today and I was not getting the full list.  I went back and checked my dividend data and it was stopping at:

Code:
2012-05-13 17:19:05        2000           1800000          TEEK.B

I did notice that us.glbse.com was not resolving so I switched the url to only glbse.com but I still was not getting any more dividend returns.

Then I checked TYGRR-BANK as I know they return dividends this week and all I got was a NULL return.

It seems GLBSE removed the dividend returns from their API.  So until something that returns dividends is added back then this will be put on hold.
It is in the right forum.
Securities
This section is for topics about individual Bitcoin bonds, stocks, etc. Topics about exchange sites which deal in securities should go in the top-level Marketplace section.

Hmm... Looks like I read it wrong and I thought it was just in the market forum. Sorry for the alarm.

Thx

I don't understand how information about dividends of multiple Bitcoin bonds and stocks is not the same as topics about individual Bitcoin bonds, stocks, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: