Pages:
Author

Topic: Good ICOs should be protected from dump - page 10. (Read 23351 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
December 28, 2018, 10:11:13 AM
Dumping can be done by any individual or group who invested or received rewards as a promoter or advisor if there's no lockup period and anyone who bought a large allocation at a sizable discount is going to have a big impact on the price if they liquidate as soon as a secondary market opens in order to make profits
I thought that even for very good ICO it would be very difficult to avoid a dump. we never know, investors, or bounty hunters who sell their assets in a short time, and of course that will make a real effect on the price.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
December 28, 2018, 10:08:52 AM
dumps occur due to many factors, one of which is that fundamentals are still very weak, only token holders are able to control it, and they must have a pretty good volume
The most important thing you can do to protect yourself from this is, of course, protecting your project by attracting interest only through economic impacts and incentives. The conclusion of partnership agreements.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 28, 2018, 09:07:08 AM
I agree with all these ideas in theory, but some other factors come into play. I have worked in an successful ICO that is listed on CoinMarketCap and has a fully working platform with over 30k signups and growing daily.

- Getting onto reputable exchanges is very tough. They usually command a very large amount of your token supply + a quite large one off payment. Although this is the key, some ICOs that have not raised astronomical amounts still struggle to meet that price / tokens. Also it means that the company loses a lot of its control as a large exchange can control their token.

All the others I agree with especially the communication part, transparency is key when explaining any issues, updates or changes in the roadmap due to unforeseen circumstances.

I think what you state is correct, but also you have to remember that ICO projects (most of them) want as much exposure as possible to reach their hard caps and sometimes creating KYCs when not needed can hinder their ability to reach their mass audience.

I think the main issues are:-

- Planning - I have worked with a few ICOs and things are not planned out, they jump into things and then work it out. That can be interesting and mostly because the market is always changing, but means that some things do get missed.

- The market itself. All it takes is for a company to get hit by a bear market and they are in serious danger of not raising their capital, which means their idea / startup does go under potentially. Again this is connected with planning, as if they thought ahead they could prepare for all situations.
Activity: 363
Merit: 10
December 28, 2018, 01:04:57 AM
Its not easy to find the good ICO or bad ICO. Thats the big issue at this moment. There should be some way to keep the scammers out of this ICO area. Then it will become interesting.

I do not agree with you that it is impossible to know if the ICO project is good or bad, it is important that you try to know. Only when you want to know and investigate it will you know if it is good or bad. And the interesting thing is always the good ICO, the real project  Grin
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 28, 2018, 01:00:16 AM
You can't just protect an ICO from the dumping folks.

Why is it that when there are dumps, the one that gets blamed are the bounty hunters? how big usually is the allocation that they get from the total circulating supply of that token? it is around 1%-10%. You should question the devs but you can't figure it out unless you follow their balance addresses.
Activity: 518
December 28, 2018, 12:57:00 AM
I agree with this line of thought. I believe if the team behind a good ICO see their project as good, they must make adequate plan for price dump protection. There are many ways by which this could ve accomplished, for example; they could by back their token, or lock large percentage of token to create demand!
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
December 28, 2018, 12:41:25 AM
the best Manager and also the KYC may not guarantee certainty. many new managers currently have sprung up, in fact, it delivers a pretty good job. In contrast to manager can be said already experienced even started a lot of stopping even entered in the scam. regarding KYC may look good, but when this was applied in the bounty then quite a lot of unbelievers and even consider this as identity theft.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
December 28, 2018, 12:17:49 AM
Dumping can be done by any individual or group who invested or received rewards as a promoter or advisor if there's no lockup period and anyone who bought a large allocation at a sizable discount is going to have a big impact on the price if they liquidate as soon as a secondary market opens in order to make profits
Activity: 868
Merit: 104
December 27, 2018, 04:27:13 PM
Its not easy to find the good ICO or bad ICO. Thats the big issue at this moment. There should be some way to keep the scammers out of this ICO area. Then it will become interesting.
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
December 27, 2018, 03:58:15 PM
Your every point are right mate, you have a good experience about crypto! By following these steps a project owner can reduce the dumping of coins! But every time strategies don't work well. I have been following bitdepositary project, and they took maximum steps from here. But their coin dumped highly! Now they go through to change the platform from Ethereum to their own bdtchain! But still, these steps really can help for the maximum time!
Activity: 467
December 27, 2018, 04:25:43 PM
dumps occur due to many factors, one of which is that fundamentals are still very weak, only token holders are able to control it, and they must have a pretty good volume
Activity: 644
December 27, 2018, 03:48:23 PM
it is a great way to make a lot of accounts and the problem of dumper coin prices can be solved, it will make the gift program and its participants have better quality as well as projects and coins, if all the requirements are fulfilled it will be very profitable even for participants bounty because bounty hunters will receive tokens from good projects that will continue to grow which of course the price of the tokens will certainly be good
I am sure that the participants of the Bounty company do not sell their tokens immediately after distribution if it is a really promising project. The team itself should work on promoting its project, and not think only about the money earned from investments.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
December 27, 2018, 03:41:42 PM
it is a great way to make a lot of accounts and the problem of dumper coin prices can be solved, it will make the gift program and its participants have better quality as well as projects and coins, if all the requirements are fulfilled it will be very profitable even for participants bounty because bounty hunters will receive tokens from good projects that will continue to grow which of course the price of the tokens will certainly be good
Activity: 602
Merit: 2
December 27, 2018, 03:33:01 PM
 1. KYC - This procedure does not protect investors or non-hunters. First a young man what year do you live in? 2019 almost. Personal data sale occurs every day. And falling on it, you also send your data to the world network. Imagine 500 hunters. Who have undergone the procedure. Their data are then simply sold. As well as investor data. Only on this already fraudsters can secure a stable income.

2.  In the age of the Internet and hackers. Do you want us to pass ip address verification? I think you are crazy. As we all know, each of the participants in this forum can be in love with being attacked by a hacker. And may lose their money. Let's simplify their tasks.

Only a narrow-minded person could provide such data to us.

The ISO problem is not hunters. And in people who are trying to steal investors' money. Create projects without a product. Create projects without ideas and demand investments.

December 27, 2018, 03:23:07 PM
There will be always dumpers, you cannot protect them from them.
In many cases investors dump their coins if they are in panic of the market situation.
Some people invest more than that they can afford to lose and we are facing difficult times on the market.
Hard times are just beginning. Look at how the stock market works today. I think it's best to try to continue to work with stock markets. Today, in general, it is considered normal if your deposit falls.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
December 26, 2018, 07:30:11 PM
There will be always dumpers, you cannot protect them from them.
In many cases investors dump their coins if they are in panic of the market situation.
Some people invest more than that they can afford to lose and we are facing difficult times on the market.
December 26, 2018, 02:24:30 PM
To me the principal aspect to invest in an ICO is if there is a real company behind it. This will no guarante anything but is a must
I support you, today investing in projects is a responsible procedure, because at any moment you may simply be deceived. Therefore, try today to test and analyze projects before investing and get ready to be deceived.
Activity: 378
December 26, 2018, 03:35:05 AM
These opinions can't solve the problems faced by ICO. It is meaningless to know your customers. ICO can only survive if it is supervised. Otherwise, there will be no investor investor ICO projects in the future.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
December 25, 2018, 03:16:21 PM
I am thinking how will an ICO be protected with dumps. When a coin got distributed, the coin holder has every right to sell the coin. I think we should just accept how the market goes. The only way we can help is to keep holding and stop selling at the low price, that will be enough and we should accept what the market has to offer.

I disagree. That sounds terrible! Why accept their fate and not act!? Good ICOs control the dumpening by taking matters into their own hands and not allowing the release of the free bounty tokens just when the ico ends. There is not even value other than some lines of code at that point. Good ICOs work hard to create value for their token and great ICOs have an already working business model and just move to the blockchain space to improve their services like TapNetwork did.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
December 25, 2018, 03:16:00 PM
Attime I laugh when I see some post on this forum, there is little developers and managers can do, even government was unable to stop crime, with all the power at their disposal, the IP block can easily be circumvent by VPN. For me there is nothing developers can dow hen someone decided to sell a token they bought at $1 for $0.001. The only issue I have with ICO developers is over valuation of their projects
Pages:
Jump to: