Pages:
Author

Topic: Good ICOs should be protected from dump - page 6. (Read 23351 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
January 19, 2019, 07:31:27 PM
I agree with you, but on the other hand, investors themselves often sell tokens after ICO. I only sometimes see ICOS that people have invested in in the long run.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
January 19, 2019, 02:05:09 PM
I agree with the terms you wrote but I think it a project is good enough, even if it dumps when it lists on the exchange, it will still find it way to moon if the team is serious enough and the invest in the product.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
January 19, 2019, 02:01:59 PM
I believe the counter measures mentioned in OP are practised by some ico projects but we still see dump in price. I think it is a matter of the marketcap, but well suggested OP.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 19, 2019, 01:25:48 PM
Of course, this is correct and in terms of honesty today there is such a need. But if you focus on the fact that today all the same there is a need to just do the project and then sell the tokens on the exchange. I think it would not be entirely correct.
Activity: 793
Merit: 250
January 19, 2019, 01:23:15 PM
Everything what you wrote is nice, but ICOs do not have enough money to manipulate the price after listing and they do not care about the price. Some of them care about the product, so they invest all money into development and some of them do not care about nothing and they completely leave the project. It is easy to collect money in ICO sale, but it is hard to become successful after ICO phase. So be careful, ICOs are very risky!
Activity: 509
January 19, 2019, 01:14:10 PM
Unfortunately at the moment with ICOs it is a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. The market has little regards for what people have perceived as quality ICOs and in fact the only way to remain immune to the market rout was to postpone listing until conditions have improved.
now there are indeed many ICOs that have failed, so that last year until now it was not the right time and waited until conditions improved.
the market is really bad but can't give up because I'm sure the future will improve and ICO can be better, many projects are successful, optimistic and always enthusiastic.
And the last year showed us that only best of ICO projects are worth investing not the "good ones". I think the reality after bubble may be hard for some newbie people but it really isn't, there were just too many bad ICO project that looked great.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
January 17, 2019, 08:10:43 PM
Market conditions make all ICO collapse. And to protect ICO coins, I think this is very difficult because of unfavorable market conditions. So that everyone, when they get a token, would want to immediately sell coins.

don't you think that ICOs collapse not because of market conditions but because of lack the real usage of their ideas?
Activity: 938
January 17, 2019, 07:37:11 PM
it is very difficult to find ico which has no dump, most ico always give a fairly long profit but after there are issues or other things, most of the ico prices are immediately uprooted, maybe the one who keeps the dump is a stable coin themed ico
indeed today is very difficult. even just to get profits is very rare because of course when the initial listing many ico actually destroyed the price because of the current market in a bad condition
January 17, 2019, 07:33:20 PM
it is very difficult to find ico which has no dump, most ico always give a fairly long profit but after there are issues or other things, most of the ico prices are immediately uprooted, maybe the one who keeps the dump is a stable coin themed ico
Market sentiment right now does not help any of ICO projects. Look, even when the project really is with new technology and the team is active most people see daily red numbers and they don't think about risking it into alts.
Activity: 566
Merit: 107
January 17, 2019, 08:22:56 AM
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 17, 2019, 02:38:01 AM
After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

Upon reading this topic, I wonder whether token or coin lockup is necessary to keep the price in a stable position where it can be highly profitable in the market? Am I correct? Or somehow, maybe lock up is not really necessary?
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
January 17, 2019, 02:33:23 AM
Unfortunately at the moment with ICOs it is a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. The market has little regards for what people have perceived as quality ICOs and in fact the only way to remain immune to the market rout was to postpone listing until conditions have improved.
now there are indeed many ICOs that have failed, so that last year until now it was not the right time and waited until conditions improved.
the market is really bad but can't give up because I'm sure the future will improve and ICO can be better, many projects are successful, optimistic and always enthusiastic.
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
January 17, 2019, 02:21:15 AM
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
keyTango
January 17, 2019, 01:54:42 AM
I strongly disagree with the author of the topic regarding the fact that KYC should be a prerequisite for all participants in the bounty. As you know, bounty-hunters do not like to go through this procedure, and the mandatory introduction of this condition can lead to the fact that the number of bounty-hunters will not be sufficient for the quality promotion of the project.
Activity: 574
January 17, 2019, 12:19:26 AM
Market conditions make all ICO collapse. And to protect ICO coins, I think this is very difficult because of unfavorable market conditions. So that everyone, when they get a token, would want to immediately sell coins.
Activity: 350
January 17, 2019, 12:02:28 AM
After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

Of course, all good ICO projects are entitled to adequate support. But it seems to me that all these rules become overkill. The main condition is the stabilization of the market and the rise in prices of good coins. Then we can get the necessary support for the development of promising ICOs.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
January 16, 2019, 07:27:05 PM
Well, it's obvious that you have no idea about market economics, supply and demand, or even how to interpret basic market data.
While I applaud you attempt to find solutions, you have some very basic things off.

first, most of your conclusions are coming from what you see as bounty hunters or multiple accounts being responsible for dumps.
This just isn't the issue at all.
Any ICO will typically only allot 1 to 5% of the ENTIRE minted or available tokens to bounty hunters.
simple mathematics is that that percentage is not nearly high enough to cause catastrophic dumps like you predict.
And even if hunters cheat and use multiple accounts, it doesn't change the max alloted to bounty hunters.

There are much more simple reasons (and, of course, more complicated ones as well).
Prices dump after an ICO simply because they charged too much during the ICO.
Any ICO that charges more than 5 cents per token is ripping you off, yet somehow we have ICOs charging up to a dollar. Of course it will crash.
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000
SafeHaven.Finance
January 16, 2019, 07:20:35 PM
With all the measures we cannot protect ICOs from dump and we should not to do so. This is a free market and investors will decide what is their best interest. Of course projects should to do everything to convince their investors that they are doing everything in the best interest of the project.

There are no proper short ways to measure the usability scale of ICOs. Strong teams can deliver the promises but sometimes strong background can not resist to market trend. Price discovery is main tool to convince new investors.
Activity: 596
January 16, 2019, 07:19:01 PM
Do not forget that now is not a good time for ICO. It is almost impossible to issue your coin on the exchange so that it does not fall in price. Now many people say that ICO is dead, but I think it's just bad times. When they are over, the projects will again be able to raise good funds for development and investors will also be able to get a good profit from these tokens.
January 16, 2019, 07:18:36 PM
Okay, so let's say there is a good project and many people know about that but the situation on the whole market is bad and even people who know this project and believe in it, how can you avoid the whole market sentiment to not push the price to lower levels?
Pages:
Jump to: