Pages:
Author

Topic: Good time to buy GPUs? - page 2. (Read 3629 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
August 30, 2018, 08:57:20 AM
Nvidia 10 series and Rx 500 series were cheap prices right now in our country. Hoping this year end, the price will bounce back. I have 11 amd cards still in my hands. I am also researching what coin will I mine this time that will be good in the near future.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
August 30, 2018, 04:57:27 AM
Hold your ground guys, the new RTX is not worth to even try.
So, the ASIC company will be more aggressive to enter the market I think. NVIDIA just rolled their blunder this time. After that, before even try to realize their mistake, NVIDIA profit will be then killed by Xilinx.
Activity: 70
August 30, 2018, 04:29:09 AM
I dont like it to say it but I think the gpu time is over { or you have a 1080TI or similar}. The time of the asic has become quit for a wile. I rather had GPU but the mining farms with the ASIC the normal miners are forced to switch ASIC if they want a normal profit.
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 57
August 29, 2018, 12:03:29 PM
I just don't see new gpu's being a reason for a jump in difficulty.  Price and performance is going to prevent them from being mass bought for the sole purpose of mining.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't be buying any.

there are many idiots out there hehe, imagine one rtx 2xxx for each idiot, reminds me of some idiots were planning to buy a 32 cores cpu to mine just like many bought titans v at $3000 to mine.

Buying a $3000 worth TITAN V is the best example of a mining idiot who doesn't deserve to ROI. I don't really understand the logic behind why people buy those but i'm guessing they already have a lot of money to begin with. People with less money rarely have the luxury of making stupid decisions like that.

If i had a lot of money, i'd have rather spent it wisely or donated it to charity.  Wink

Right on the spot, mining has to be as efficient as it could be , cheapest and reliable parts, which will give you the best prices per hash and best hash per power. This is the only way to make good profit in mining
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
August 29, 2018, 03:40:39 AM
Buying a $3000 worth TITAN V is the best example of a mining idiot who doesn't deserve to ROI. I don't really understand the logic behind why people buy those but i'm guessing they already have a lot of money to begin with. People with less money rarely have the luxury of making stupid decisions like that.

If i had a lot of money, i'd have rather spent it wisely or donated it to charity.  Wink

at that time vega, gtx 1080ti were being sold for $1500, so for them even though titan v was $3000, it was cheap and a titan v was giving 7 usd per day, if we think about, at current profitability, anybody buying a rx 580 for $300 right now for mining is pretty much buying a titan v for 3000 usd at that time, 3000 / 7 = 430 days + electricity = 450 days give or take, right now a rx 580 is giving $0.30, so 300 / 0.30 with electricity included = 1000 days, i guess buying a titan v was lot more stupid cause the profitability could not have sustained, right now yes and it will likely increase, a wise man once said, buying when it crashes, never when its all time high, anyway titan v at that time or rx 580 right now one at beginning, the other at the end, the middle is called a miners idiot spiral and when both meets, credit card is earning their money back hehe and the idiot is in sorrow, this reminds me of the gold rush hehe

Well, using a celeron or igpu or both to mine was a lot worse than buying a titan v for $3k hehe

Well the Titan V is a special GPU because from what I recall its pretty rare.

Basically like the Radeon 6990, Radeon 7990, R9 2x295, AMD Dual Pro Duo, etc.

They will generally hold their value much better than other cards. So like Metroid said, it really depends on how early you got them to the point where they might of ROI'd quick.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
August 29, 2018, 01:13:53 AM

at that time vega, gtx 1080ti were being sold for $1500, so for them even though titan v was $3000, it was cheap and a titan v was giving 7 usd per day, if we think about, at current profitability, anybody buying a rx 580 for $300 right now for mining is pretty much buying a titan v for 3000 usd at that time, 3000 / 7 = 430 days + electricity = 450 days give or take, right now a rx 580 is giving $0.30, so 300 / 0.30 with electricity included = 1000 days, i guess buying a titan v was lot more stupid cause the profitability could not have sustained, right now yes and it will likely increase, a wise man once said, buying when it crashes, never when its all time high, anyway titan v at that time or rx 580 right now one at beginning, the other at the end, the middle is called a miners idiot spiral and when both meets, credit card is earning their money back hehe and the idiot is in sorrow, this reminds me of the gold rush hehe

Well, using a celeron or igpu or both to mine was a lot worse than buying a titan v for $3k hehe
Merit: 110
August 28, 2018, 11:30:39 PM
I just don't see new gpu's being a reason for a jump in difficulty.  Price and performance is going to prevent them from being mass bought for the sole purpose of mining.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't be buying any.

there are many idiots out there hehe, imagine one rtx 2xxx for each idiot, reminds me of some idiots were planning to buy a 32 cores cpu to mine just like many bought titans v at $3000 to mine.

Xtreme Monster
August 28, 2018, 03:55:45 PM
I think it's good time to buy GPUs. Prices have dropped down to reasonable levels.

When crypto prices go up again, so will GPU prices. You need to get in before the herd.

where i live, prices are still the same, rx 580 still sold for $330 and gtx 1070 for $550, well i guess prices are dropping only in places where there are many miners around and where i live is not one of them, for prices to be the same as it was in January 2018 means there are no miners around here hehe
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
Healing Galing
August 28, 2018, 02:13:10 PM
FPGA's boost in hashrate is relatively low than what ASIC's are capable of. With new GPU's coming out this september, we would see another hashrate jump again.

We will have to wait til AMD comes out with their Next Gen GPUs before anything will change in mining.

I'm also waiting for the Huge leap of AMD to NVIDIA. I've waited for turing for long but i got disappointed. This Ray tracing thing is being marketed by them but actually had little use at all to the overall performance.
copper member
August 28, 2018, 03:14:20 AM
I think it's good time to buy GPUs. Prices have dropped down to reasonable levels.

When crypto prices go up again, so will GPU prices. You need to get in before the herd.
Agreed same investment , crypto and GPU goes hand to hand!
Activity: 87
August 27, 2018, 09:07:51 PM

Xtreme Monster
August 27, 2018, 02:59:47 PM

copper member
August 27, 2018, 02:37:55 PM
FPGA's boost in hashrate is relatively low than what ASIC's are capable of. With new GPU's coming out this september, we would see another hashrate jump again.

Depends on how they hash.
They are priced too high for gamers, and hash too slow ( estimated ) for miners.
That would be like saying the Nvidia Titan V was going to be a threat to other miners.
Yes it hashes faster but price/performance ratio is way too high.
The 2080 Ti will have the same problem.
The only place it could be competitive is with Ethereum due to the GDDR6 Memory, but even then used 1080 Ti still beats it.

We will have to wait til AMD comes out with their Next Gen GPUs before anything will change in mining.

Yes FPGAS seems quite pricey for the hash they give, if someone has fre power better to stick with gpus.
The power saving is massive on them , as it means you can mine the coins even then when it is not profitable to mine with gpu and get back your ROI.
Activity: 58
August 25, 2018, 03:12:11 AM

I also think so. The price at the start will be too high, and the hash is unknown. Miners won't buy them massively for the first year, I think.
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
August 24, 2018, 06:15:36 PM
Well, if you have a lot of money in spare then you should buy GPUS and mine some good altcoins which have some future. I have seen that the GPUS are getting cheaper just keep checking Amazon and bitcointalk some guys sell here the GPU stuff at very cheap rates.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
August 24, 2018, 06:12:20 PM
Difficulty is too high, price is too low. FPGA are coming. Don't think that it is good time to buy GPUs. But one can find realy good prices Smiley

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
August 24, 2018, 05:14:31 PM
The prices are going down in international markets like Amazon and Ebay but I think we just need to a wait a little bit more. We need to wait the moment when a Rx 470/570 series to be 100 dollars each and we can then build a mining rig with 6 cards with only 800-900 dollars.

That is the time when it is worth to buy graphic cards, though the rewards from mining with graphic cards are going down slightly day by day.
Still depends on your electricity cost because those cards would definitely give out some reasonable hashes but profitability would always matter minus on the expenses. $100+ each on RX 470s wont really be a bad deal though.

I am not a professional miner, I just want to learn how to do it, to mine bitcoin. I was wondering when it was best to buy mining equipment. Perhaps now the bottom of bitcoin and the best time to buy equipment, is it?
Bitcoin= Asic Miner, Most altcoins in the market = GPU which means they are different and having low price of bitcoin doesnt mean the mining difficulty is low too. Take a look in the chart https://www.blockchain.com/charts/difficulty
Activity: 88
Merit: 7
August 24, 2018, 12:07:32 PM

Depends on how they hash.
They are priced too high for gamers, and hash too slow ( estimated ) for miners.
That would be like saying the Nvidia Titan V was going to be a threat to other miners.
Yes it hashes faster but price/performance ratio is way too high.
The 2080 Ti will have the same problem.
The only place it could be competitive is with Ethereum due to the GDDR6 Memory, but even then used 1080 Ti still beats it.

Activity: 449
Merit: 24
August 24, 2018, 12:05:27 PM
I am not a professional miner, I just want to learn how to do it, to mine bitcoin. I was wondering when it was best to buy mining equipment. Perhaps now the bottom of bitcoin and the best time to buy equipment, is it?

yep you bet, this is one of the best time to buy a rig

its logical that price would be at its lowest in bear market as its also low on demands due to mining profitability

however, this threads are for GPU's

Bitcoin is for ASICs
Monero networkis quite big also , you never now there might come another pow coin which would clime up in marketcap and would be profitable to mine. And there is couple on the line gpu minable coins which are close to 1bilj marketcap which mainets havent been launched yet.

Right now would be great but once ether goes pos what do you mine?  When and if pos goes into effect all the ether hashing power is going to go to the other coins and make them all unprofitable.  I'd love to build more rigs but I can't convince myself their are going to be other coins worth mining.

Isn't Casper being delayed for two years, maybe a little less?  Sometime in 2020?

That would be awesome, I din't know.   Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
Healing Galing
August 24, 2018, 11:52:36 AM
Difficulty is too high, price is too low. FPGA are coming. Don't think that it is good time to buy GPUs. But one can find realy good prices Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: