Pages:
Author

Topic: Good time to buy GPUs? - page 7. (Read 3629 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
August 05, 2018, 01:27:23 AM
Remember that you can always mine on Nicehash with GPU's. So i will still wait for the prices to drop to buy some more cards.
If this bear market lasts until the end of the year, the market will be flooded with second hand cards that nobody is going to pick up.

hmmm i think so today i too much attractive with asic. there will some company rival than bitmain i think so~

for now i more put sha-256 and less used gpus
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
August 04, 2018, 01:23:51 PM
Remember that you can always mine on Nicehash with GPU's. So i will still wait for the prices to drop to buy some more cards.
If this bear market lasts until the end of the year, the market will be flooded with second hand cards that nobody is going to pick up.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 04, 2018, 11:44:11 AM
I would at least wait for new generation of gpus. Maybe is worth to buy a card or two. But that's it. My opinion.
Not every one have money for ASICS, fpga....

smart move, wait for the new cards from AMD & Nvidia to arrive, just weeks from now.

Wait for the amateur miners to put realistic prices on their 2nd hand GPU's on ebay etc..

Enjoy the few months there are left , before FPGA's take over/ Ethereum gets its  long awaited upgrade to PoS/sharding
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
August 04, 2018, 10:48:09 AM
I would at least wait for new generation of gpus. Maybe is worth to buy a card or two. But that's it. My opinion.
Not every one have money for ASICS, fpga....
Activity: 110
August 04, 2018, 08:58:21 AM
I feel like I recall all the same talk about GPU mining dying when the first Bitcoin ASICS came out...

I'll still grab a card here and there when a smoking deal shows up. Plan to run all of my cards until they die.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
August 04, 2018, 05:12:55 AM
The answer to the question as always remains a no and it is a bad time to buy GPU.

lol i think some side yes. maybe for small cash. the time is fly if you buy cheap why not?im know miners risk it for ROI. what i said profit in case there new coins. so yes. we not just mine ether dude~

Buying GPUs now is like buying into a pyramid/ponzi scheme right before it collapses. GPU mining is now threatened by a number of factors such as ASICs, algorithm updates, new designs, etc, etc. There is no more IF when talking about when GPU mining will end. Sadly, it's now only a matter of WHEN, GPU mining will end.
buying now yeah is risky but ending? gtfo
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
August 04, 2018, 05:02:14 AM
The answer to the question as always remains a no and it is a bad time to buy GPU.

lol i think some side yes. maybe for small cash. the time is fly if you buy cheap why not?im know miners risk it for ROI. what i said profit in case there new coins. so yes. we not just mine ether dude~

Buying GPUs now is like buying into a pyramid/ponzi scheme right before it collapses. GPU mining is now threatened by a number of factors such as ASICs, algorithm updates, new designs, etc, etc. There is no more IF when talking about when GPU mining will end. Sadly, it's now only a matter of WHEN, GPU mining will end.
Founder Nur1Labs
August 04, 2018, 01:06:38 AM

Activity: 70
August 03, 2018, 11:09:00 AM
Founder Nur1Labs
August 03, 2018, 07:28:50 AM
I don't think it's good time to buy new gpus since there are rumors that Nvidia should launch new gpus this month.
If that's true and new gpus are good at mining, old one will probably be much cheaper.

cheaper but can profit for new coins or small difficulty and for research.
Activity: 150
Merit: 3
August 02, 2018, 03:46:46 PM
I don't think it's good time to buy new gpus since there are rumors that Nvidia should launch new gpus this month.
If that's true and new gpus are good at mining, old one will probably be much cheaper.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
August 02, 2018, 02:45:54 PM
I am not sure now if it even is a good time to buy a Gpu or Gpu-s. Prices of Gpu-s are falling in international markets , the same thing being reflected here in the section of computer hardware of this forum. The increase in difficulty, wait not the increase, but the spike in difficulty for many different well known coins that can be mined with Gpu has made profitability worthless.

Imagine one board with 6 Rx 570 makes only 3 dollars daily with Winminer mining Ethash coins, different coins.

I wonder if this spike in difficulty since it is the second year that is happening in the same time has something to do with school persons who are on vacation and they join the mining fun maybe ?
Founder Nur1Labs
August 02, 2018, 10:37:16 AM
I stays as I do since 1.5 years. Cant decide to buy GPUs. Dont know really, ROI is too high for a long time.When I bought my 1070s, ETH roi was 5-6 months(electriticy except). Now, terrible times.

When I bought GPU for mining, the ROI was about the 6-9 months. Then the coins price rose a lot, the ROI became 3 months.

more mining they hold much price rocket....the unique we can mine altcoin then sell when that coin long roi....so strategy is key~
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
August 01, 2018, 04:21:06 AM
I stays as I do since 1.5 years. Cant decide to buy GPUs. Dont know really, ROI is too high for a long time.When I bought my 1070s, ETH roi was 5-6 months(electriticy except). Now, terrible times.

When I bought GPU for mining, the ROI was about the 6-9 months. Then the coins price rose a lot, the ROI became 3 months.
Founder Nur1Labs
July 27, 2018, 10:56:21 AM

well why not try another alt?if some trust i think so....im used them as decoy when main thing gpu for zcash  Roll Eyes

decoy mean we mine the low one for close the electric problem. i used liquid water now. sunk gpu to aquarium  Cool
Activity: 168
Merit: 24
July 27, 2018, 07:31:37 AM
Founder Nur1Labs
July 27, 2018, 05:02:12 AM
just try ali-express im used that for faster.
Unfortunately not all of us live close to Asia, and there are better options for those of us living in Europe or North America like this forum. I didn't even suggest using eBay because that place is just fraud city now, unless you're a buyer. There's no reason to use eBay anymore when there's better sites to sell on that don't back the buyer even if he's sending back rocks, etc.

I will say that AliExpress is okay for electronics in general though, as long as you're prepared to wait a bit for your products. They've always come through for me as a buyer so far, but I have no idea how it is as a seller. Taobao and Alibaba have also worked for me through the use of reshipping services in the past as well.

well. maybe because we far from e-bay. for ali express on alibaba we can complain to them if the gpu not arrive they nice too. so i think good. if better outside there pay used crypto but many fraud. like my friend case. they buy gpu but got hoe. lol [that not funny]. still research good seller for crypto payment + trusted.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
July 27, 2018, 12:21:46 AM
just try ali-express im used that for faster.
Unfortunately not all of us live close to Asia, and there are better options for those of us living in Europe or North America like this forum. I didn't even suggest using eBay because that place is just fraud city now, unless you're a buyer. There's no reason to use eBay anymore when there's better sites to sell on that don't back the buyer even if he's sending back rocks, etc.

I will say that AliExpress is okay for electronics in general though, as long as you're prepared to wait a bit for your products. They've always come through for me as a buyer so far, but I have no idea how it is as a seller. Taobao and Alibaba have also worked for me through the use of reshipping services in the past as well.
Founder Nur1Labs
July 26, 2018, 10:26:04 PM
at the peak of the market craze late last year, almost all produces of gpus were having their gpus over bought, now a lot of miners are selling them off as mining profitability has dropped significantly. It may make a lot of economic sense to get them now.demand is low

they move to asic. many of them but for now he ask if good time buy. yes. many altcoin for mine and sell still profit even small...+ do electricity low cost~
Activity: 234
July 25, 2018, 05:27:52 PM
at the peak of the market craze late last year, almost all produces of gpus were having their gpus over bought, now a lot of miners are selling them off as mining profitability has dropped significantly. It may make a lot of economic sense to get them now.demand is low
Pages:
Jump to: