Pages:
Author

Topic: Good time to buy GPUs? - page 5. (Read 3629 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
August 15, 2018, 09:52:13 PM
It is very stupid to buy cards at premium, but this is human nature . They panic and get greedy when see such big gains can be made.
The problem with the card prices doesnt come down as fast is, cause most of the distributors bought at premium and doesnt want to sell at loos. But as longer as we stay in bear market and there is no demand for gpus they will have to down eventually as distributors funds are locked up and they will risk it to sell it a t loos then wait and might not sell at all.

If in your coutry price is to high, wait for it it should come down soon, or just import them from cheaper places. RX570/RX580 good buy now is under 200e  Wink

ah i think not all is expensive. if you have links/friend already retired on mining world. can easy got cheap. since im see them can sell us cheap. second price with friend is easy going too~like last week they sell to me cheap.
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 57
August 15, 2018, 07:10:27 AM
It is very stupid to buy cards at premium, but this is human nature . They panic and get greedy when see such big gains can be made.
The problem with the card prices doesnt come down as fast is, cause most of the distributors bought at premium and doesnt want to sell at loos. But as longer as we stay in bear market and there is no demand for gpus they will have to down eventually as distributors funds are locked up and they will risk it to sell it a t loos then wait and might not sell at all.

If in your coutry price is to high, wait for it it should come down soon, or just import them from cheaper places. RX570/RX580 good buy now is under 200e  Wink

Founder Nur1Labs
August 15, 2018, 06:04:35 AM
what prefer warranties then? seller or company warranties? Huh
I'd prefer to have both but just go with the seller, he has the company warranty.

but is them trust. or we need company too. i think both have same. but sometimes reseller warranty unsure they real or not. example company give warranty 1 year the seller give 7 month. i ever have this case.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
August 14, 2018, 10:40:08 PM
Like i always say, mine is only good if it gives your money back in 100 days or less, if not then stay away from mining and use the money to buy coins directly.
Activity: 340
Merit: 15
August 14, 2018, 09:55:51 PM
I do think that new series will be very expensive price per mh/s. Dont think there is anything to be very exited about it. Not always new series of cards is very profitable for mining, like RX470 from AMD is there out most profitable card for 3 generations already.
Yeah how true your statement is.
They average 29-31Mh/s which are about the max the 480/580 rx cards from AMD do.
The impact on the rig model is good and you can buy the ether at the low price.
Yeah I know.
With the money those people spent on the cards to mine with and building a rig they could of just bought the ethereum for the same price it is selling for now. And this is not including the amount in the cost of electricity
they spent to mine this ethereum as well.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
August 14, 2018, 09:49:45 PM
well, for one this crash on mining profitability is good cause we might see next gen gddr6 midrange gpu rx 680 for $170, no more bullshit from resellers, my friend was smart though, he never bought any rx 480, 580 for more than $200. Thousands of stupid miners bought rx 570/580 for $800 or more for each, the only ones who profited from all of this were resellers ehhe in the end hehe
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
August 14, 2018, 09:23:52 PM
580's ending up at 140-150 on the bay right now...A guy could find something to mine with those that makes sense (cents)...only thing is maybe the bottom isn't in yet.

Love how your post makes sense!

Anyway, rx 580s at 140-150 are definitely a bargain, as long as they are in good condition and preferably have the warranty intact. Anything above that tho, i would consider risky. Finding new profitable coin opportunities doesn't come around as easily as you may think.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
August 14, 2018, 09:15:11 PM
In my area also, they are starting to lower their prices of NVIDIA cards. They are also lot of promos like ASUS brand. 1070ti Asus Strix cost $430 which is cheap price nowadays.
Activity: 49
August 14, 2018, 08:22:23 PM
580's ending up at 140-150 on the bay right now...A guy could find something to mine with those that makes sense (cents)...only thing is maybe the bottom isn't in yet.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
August 14, 2018, 07:37:30 PM
I think that it is good time to buy GPUs, but there is very small profit at the moment. In few months there will be update of Ethereum network and profit will be decreased more. Also there will be new powerful GPUs. So I do not know if it's worth buying a GPU at the moment or not.

I'd say it's a good time for a gamer to buy a 1080ti.
Activity: 352
Merit: 10
August 14, 2018, 06:38:38 PM
I think that it is good time to buy GPUs, but there is very small profit at the moment. In few months there will be update of Ethereum network and profit will be decreased more. Also there will be new powerful GPUs. So I do not know if it's worth buying a GPU at the moment or not.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
August 14, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
I'd prefer to have both but just go with the seller, he has the company warranty.
Founder Nur1Labs
August 13, 2018, 08:56:18 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
August 13, 2018, 07:30:20 AM
one or two used cards might be worth the risk , but in my experience paying $50 less per card US prices
is not worth losing the entire worth of the card if you camt waranty it.  That one bad card u get stuck with basically erases all the discounts on the other cards
What cards do you recommend and are good buy today?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
August 13, 2018, 04:59:48 AM
I do think that new series will be very expensive price per mh/s. Dont think there is anything to be very exited about it. Not always new series of cards is very profitable for mining, like RX470 from AMD is there out most profitable card for 3 generations already.
Why to think like that? For example remember what was the price of rx580 at the begining? It was very loe but now? It's very high. Maybe new GPUs will be great for mining too? Who knows? But there is a chance they will be great and low in price for the first time. Also 1stmining is a great website which adds reviews of GPUs pretty soon.
Gpus are valued by demand , more demand bigger the price. Ok lets say they will much more efficient , youll see they will be priced as efficient are they. Mining game is so big that they are monitoring the market all the time. New gpu releases are delayed cause there is to many gpus now manufacturer and nobody doesnt buy them at these prices, but they are reduced every day and are nearly reached the old prices where you could buy RX470 for 150euro excl. here in Europe 2 years ago.
Yup
smart buyers are waiting for prices below two year card prices, remeber these current cards are 3 year old tech, their prices are artificialy high due to the prior crypto bull run

then now cheap. i will check after work
for me a cheap card is brand new rx 570 8gb for $190ish , a brand new 1070ti for $370 or lower
my days of buying used cards are long behind me , reasle waranties are a bitch

I don't know what are the prices in your country, but where I'm from prices in the stores are much higher than the prices of used cards. I have bought 6 out of 7 cards in my rig as used cards and I had only one problem with the vent on one of the cards that started making noise. I returned it to the store and they changed it free of charge, of course.
one or two used cards might be worth the risk , but in my experience paying $50 less per card US prices
is not worth losing the entire worth of the card if you camt waranty it.  That one bad card u get stuck with basically erases all the discounts on the other cards
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215
August 13, 2018, 04:23:44 AM
Why to think like that? For example remember what was the price of rx580 at the begining? It was very loe but now? It's very high. Maybe new GPUs will be great for mining too? Who knows? But there is a chance they will be great and low in price for the first time. Also 1stmining is a great website which adds reviews of GPUs pretty soon.
Gpus are valued by demand , more demand bigger the price. Ok lets say they will much more efficient , youll see they will be priced as efficient are they. Mining game is so big that they are monitoring the market all the time. New gpu releases are delayed cause there is to many gpus now manufacturer and nobody doesnt buy them at these prices, but they are reduced every day and are nearly reached the old prices where you could buy RX470 for 150euro excl. here in Europe 2 years ago.
Yup
smart buyers are waiting for prices below two year card prices, remeber these current cards are 3 year old tech, their prices are artificialy high due to the prior crypto bull run

for me a cheap card is brand new rx 570 8gb for $190ish , a brand new 1070ti for $370 or lower

I don't know what are the prices in your country, but where I'm from prices in the stores are much higher than the prices of used cards. I have bought 6 out of 7 cards in my rig as used cards and I had only one problem with the vent on one of the cards that started making noise. I returned it to the store and they changed it free of charge, of course.
August 13, 2018, 04:03:52 AM
Yup

Founder Nur1Labs
August 13, 2018, 01:08:39 AM
Yup

August 12, 2018, 10:17:23 PM
Yup
Activity: 26
August 12, 2018, 06:35:50 PM
The impact on the rig model is good and you can buy the ether at the low price.
Pages:
Jump to: