Pages:
Author

Topic: Good time to buy GPUs? - page 6. (Read 3629 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
August 12, 2018, 01:08:21 PM
Best time to get involved in crypto mining as you dont have to pay premium for hardware and means when market comes back to life your ROI will be much lower then those guys who will buy in panic when they see big gains.
But of course there is a lot of risk , for some crazy circumstances big gains could never come Cheesy 

FPGA mining would be another thing where would you want to look into it.BTC

that cloud one?i think i never used cloud mining. except eobot  Roll Eyes
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 57
August 10, 2018, 05:39:49 AM
I do think that new series will be very expensive price per mh/s. Dont think there is anything to be very exited about it. Not always new series of cards is very profitable for mining, like RX470 from AMD is there out most profitable card for 3 generations already.
Why to think like that? For example remember what was the price of rx580 at the begining? It was very loe but now? It's very high. Maybe new GPUs will be great for mining too? Who knows? But there is a chance they will be great and low in price for the first time. Also 1stmining is a great website which adds reviews of GPUs pretty soon.
Gpus are valued by demand , more demand bigger the price. Ok lets say they will much more efficient , youll see they will be priced as efficient are they. Mining game is so big that they are monitoring the market all the time. New gpu releases are delayed cause there is to many gpus now manufacturer and nobody doesnt buy them at these prices, but they are reduced every day and are nearly reached the old prices where you could buy RX470 for 150euro excl. here in Europe 2 years ago.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
August 09, 2018, 03:15:32 PM
hmmm, maybe over the atlantic you will find better prices.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 870
August 09, 2018, 02:35:54 PM
I do think that new series will be very expensive price per mh/s. Dont think there is anything to be very exited about it. Not always new series of cards is very profitable for mining, like RX470 from AMD is there out most profitable card for 3 generations already.
Why to think like that? For example remember what was the price of rx580 at the begining? It was very loe but now? It's very high. Maybe new GPUs will be great for mining too? Who knows? But there is a chance they will be great and low in price for the first time. Also 1stmining is a great website which adds reviews of GPUs pretty soon.
copper member
August 09, 2018, 01:58:05 PM
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 09, 2018, 01:18:30 PM
The manufacturers will make the same model as they have been making earlier.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
August 09, 2018, 12:21:22 PM
Prices are currently dropping nicely on most 10 series cards, especially cards above the 1070 (1080, 1080ti etc) as the 11th generation release is coming ever closer. I got a $299 refurb 1080 from EVGA (can't hurt at that price) just yesterday while browsing the r/buildapcsales (sort the posts by new) subreddit- that's where I find most good deals for parts like GPU. Prices really aren't too bad right now as almost all cards are below MSRP if you're looking in the right places.
copper member
August 09, 2018, 12:04:24 PM
Best time to get involved in crypto mining as you dont have to pay premium for hardware and means when market comes back to life your ROI will be much lower then those guys who will buy in panic when they see big gains.
But of course there is a lot of risk , for some crazy circumstances big gains could never come Cheesy 

FPGA mining would be another thing where would you want to look into it.BTC
Activity: 67
August 09, 2018, 11:58:46 AM
The generation that was older doesn’t appear that easily and immediately.
Founder Nur1Labs
August 08, 2018, 08:20:37 PM
why he quit. i think many altcoin for experiment and have profit for cash. he just need know manage this. as i know gpu is longer. and easy maintaining. well for now price is low hope gpu low for buy new equipment~

He quit due to hopelessness and rage.

he need more calm for that. gpu profit if used lower coins or lower difficulty. or try the asic resistant some coins. but not cryptonote. im not much doing that again because loss~
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
August 08, 2018, 08:02:06 PM
why he quit. i think many altcoin for experiment and have profit for cash. he just need know manage this. as i know gpu is longer. and easy maintaining. well for now price is low hope gpu low for buy new equipment~

He quit due to hopelessness and rage.
Founder Nur1Labs
August 08, 2018, 07:50:26 PM
August 08, 2018, 07:23:10 PM
all coins are becoming centralized. ALL OF THEM.

ASIC is destroying the world of crypto, and only rich people are taking advantage of it.

in fact, almost all ASIC that are being sold a much more power efficent and faster. It makes no sense buying gpus for mining. And investing on ASICS is only in hands of rich people.

It's a complete scam and disaster. They said crypto was DECENTRALIZED. But in fact it's totally centralized and manipulated. Total SCAM.

add that prices are going down, and they will go crash in 1 week, to the value of ALMOST NOTHING, that's a TOTAL AND ABSOLUTE REKT FOR PEOPLE.

wow you wrong here. asic have cheap too lol. some of them greedy but for someone have impact too. we can have cheap asic and have GPU for lower. why not? this our decision not yours....like me asic for some experimental small mining scale for experiment of some coins future. but gpu for long time as have easy maintaining than asic. there have + and - asic and gpu.

He's just upset.  He rage quit gpu mining a week ago.
Founder Nur1Labs
August 08, 2018, 07:20:44 PM

ASIC is destroying the world of crypto, and only rich people are taking advantage of it.

in fact, almost all ASIC that are being sold a much more power efficent and faster. It makes no sense buying gpus for mining. And investing on ASICS is only in hands of rich people.

It's a complete scam and disaster. They said crypto was DECENTRALIZED. But in fact it's totally centralized and manipulated. Total SCAM.

add that prices are going down, and they will go crash in 1 week, to the value of ALMOST NOTHING, that's a TOTAL AND ABSOLUTE REKT FOR PEOPLE.

wow you wrong here. asic have cheap too lol. some of them greedy but for someone have impact too. we can have cheap asic and have GPU for lower. why not? this our decision not yours....like me asic for some experimental small mining scale for experiment of some coins future. but gpu for long time as have easy maintaining than asic. there have + and - asic and gpu.
August 08, 2018, 06:25:18 PM
Asic's are for rich people? Lol.  Anyone can buy an asic, if they want to.
Activity: 238
August 08, 2018, 02:22:05 PM
yea, but he stated a good point. asics covers most crucial algorithms. I am happy someone else noticed whats happening to crypto. Greed is a bitch.
Activity: 160
Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang
August 08, 2018, 10:03:08 AM

I think you are forget that ASIC and GPUs are totally different. Yes ASIC is more efficient, be picked and many rich people will prefer use it. But for gpus will still be choose miner because they want mining altcoins that have low difficult.
Activity: 924
Merit: 15
August 08, 2018, 09:15:33 AM

Founder Nur1Labs
August 08, 2018, 04:12:09 AM
The second hand GPU will surely flood the model and will not have the same impact.

well for now wait the new gpu...but if ASIC better im move ahahaha...since im not wanna waste some gpu for loss many~today i cut many gpu suck!
Activity: 39
August 07, 2018, 09:52:10 AM
The second hand GPU will surely flood the model and will not have the same impact.
Pages:
Jump to: