Pages:
Author

Topic: Good time to buy GPUs? - page 4. (Read 3629 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
August 20, 2018, 04:40:58 AM
Prices is coming down indeed.
Im mining altcoins for its 3rd year now, and have made the most profit when it is unprofitable to mine in bear market. This means the difficulty doesnt increase as fast or is decreasing.
I do prefer mining then investing in coins.
Lets take an example why :
1.You have invested in 10 ether 1 year ago and bought the coin at 300 usd (total value 3000 usd) https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/historical-data/?start=20170820&end=20170820 and still haven't sold by today, so it means in 1 year you haven't gained anything.
2.you have bought a ethereum mining rig https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-miner-eth-gpu-mining-amd-rx470/ for the same amount of money you have invested in ethereum year ago by now you would have mined about 10eth , power cost for one year mining at 0.13c which is about average worldwide would use about 900usd in power costs.

If the results will be the same moving forward then there is no doubt to mine the currency is more profitable them buy it, if you have bought the coins you have no made any profit. But if you have mined coins you have made profit 10eth + you still own mining equipment which you can use for coin mining if you look well after mining rig. I have mining rigs which are mining for its 3rd year now and there is no issues with them. Also they still have resale value, or you can use them for other stuff like gaming/rendering....etc

But the of course there is a lot of risk and not always you would make more money mining, the secret is to choose right hardware.

watch out you will have traders try to tell you different for what ever reason but i do agree an why i keep mining with GPU .
after all we need miners with GPU CPU and ASIC to produce new coins that may come out or old coins or they can't trade unless it's a coin that can't be mind an those coins don't seem to last long , those coins are more scam like because no real hard work goes into making them.
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 57
August 20, 2018, 04:30:14 AM
Prices is coming down indeed.
Im mining altcoins for its 3rd year now, and have made the most profit when it is unprofitable to mine in bear market. This means the difficulty doesnt increase as fast or is decreasing.
I do prefer mining then investing in coins.
Lets take an example why :
1.You have invested in 10 ether 1 year ago and bought the coin at 300 usd (total value 3000 usd) https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/historical-data/?start=20170820&end=20170820 and still haven't sold by today, so it means in 1 year you haven't gained anything.
2.you have bought a ethereum mining rig https://mineshop.eu/ethereum-miner/ethereum-miner-eth-gpu-mining-amd-rx470/ for the same amount of money you have invested in ethereum year ago by now you would have mined about 10eth , power cost for one year mining at 0.13c which is about average worldwide would use about 900usd in power costs.

If the results will be the same moving forward then there is no doubt to mine the currency is more profitable them buy it, if you have bought the coins you have no made any profit. But if you have mined coins you have made profit 10eth + you still own mining equipment which you can use for coin mining if you look well after mining rig. I have mining rigs which are mining for its 3rd year now and there is no issues with them. Also they still have resale value, or you can use them for other stuff like gaming/rendering....etc

But the of course there is a lot of risk and not always you would make more money mining, the secret is to choose right hardware.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
August 19, 2018, 01:26:46 PM
I picked up a two month old MSI 1070ti off Ebay for $295.  Before that the last one I bought was a 1060 for $350 so yeah seems like a good time to buy.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273352259701

259$ but Inno3d. Price coming down..
Activity: 52
Merit: 1
August 19, 2018, 11:27:20 AM
I picked up a two month old MSI 1070ti off Ebay for $295.  Before that the last one I bought was a 1060 for $350 so yeah seems like a good time to buy.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring. 
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
August 19, 2018, 07:29:03 AM
The prices are going down in international markets like Amazon and Ebay but I think we just need to a wait a little bit more. We need to wait the moment when a Rx 470/570 series to be 100 dollars each and we can then build a mining rig with 6 cards with only 800-900 dollars.

That is the time when it is worth to buy graphic cards, though the rewards from mining with graphic cards are going down slightly day by day.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
August 19, 2018, 06:51:44 AM
im waiting new card anyone got new information price?
Activity: 236
August 17, 2018, 07:52:31 PM
I think it is good time to buy second hand GPUs.In the second hand market, there are a lot of GPUs in very good condition. I am trying to buy cheap 2 or 3 GTX 1080 Ti

It is quite risky to buy the old cards. The 2080 could come out in a few weeks.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
August 17, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
Have seen some pretty nice GPU deals lately (RX 470/480 cards) and also the summer is ending and the cold autumn nights are returning. I need something to keep me warm Cheesy.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
August 17, 2018, 03:59:05 PM
In theory this is very good advice. However, it is nearly impossible to
actually execute this advice. The mining market is very competitive and the profitable
coins change all the time. Therefore it is really unrealistic to be able to research
profitable coins before actually buying a certain GPU.

It works like this:
1. Coins A and E are highly profitable for GPU mining
2. Everyone directs their GPUs or rigs towards mining coins A and E
3. The mining profitability of coins A and E plummets
4. Suddenly coin F has the highest profitability
5. Everyone directs their GPUs or rigs towards mining coin F

That is what really happens and is pointless to change coin cause the profitability appears as soon as a coin is pumped by 2% or more x other coins and then it crashes the 2% again or maybe even 5%, in the end the crap is the same, i advise you trolls to read the altcoin project that you are thinking to mine and if good then stick to it even if shown profitability is good or bad.
I agree into those points above which is actually happening which would result into confusion regarding on your decisions due to changes of values overtime.Therefore the solution would still be like this where you should stick to the coin which you do believe on which same as you said even if the profitability would be good or bad because there would comes a time a certain potential project will really shoot up.
This would vary on how you search up things on the first place.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
August 17, 2018, 01:28:16 PM
actually execute this advice. The mining market is very competitive and the profitable
coins change all the time. Therefore it is really unrealistic to be able to research

It works like this:

That is what really happens and is pointless to change coin cause the profitability appears as soon as a coin is pumped by 2% or more x other coins and then it crashes the 2% again or maybe even 5%, in the end the crap is the same, i advise you trolls to read the altcoin project that you are thinking to mine and if good then stick to it even if shown profitability is good or bad.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
August 17, 2018, 01:07:15 PM
This is the risk thats why before making any decisions its much better to find first profitable coins before tending to buy a certain GPU.

It works like this:

Personally, I´d wait until the next "altcoin season" starts, because then
mining altcoins will become very profitable again. It might be difficult
to get your hands on new GPUs though when this happens, because
the demand for the GPUs will obviously go through the roof in the
case of another "altcoin season".

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
August 17, 2018, 12:21:45 PM
580's ending up at 140-150 on the bay right now...A guy could find something to mine with those that makes sense (cents)...only thing is maybe the bottom isn't in yet.

Love how your post makes sense!

Anyway, rx 580s at 140-150 are definitely a bargain, as long as they are in good condition and preferably have the warranty intact. Anything above that tho, i would consider risky. Finding new profitable coin opportunities doesn't come around as easily as you may think.
This is the risk thats why before making any decisions its much better to find first profitable coins before tending to buy a certain GPU. Buying out an old card with warranty is good compared to have none but we all know the word "used" tendency of complications of usage would be there and if warranty is the problem then you would definitely waste up money even if a few hundred bucks.
Activity: 518
Merit: 15
August 17, 2018, 07:55:59 AM
I think it is good time to buy second hand GPUs.In the second hand market, there are a lot of GPUs in very good condition. I am trying to buy cheap 2 or 3 GTX 1080 Ti
Activity: 127
Merit: 1
http://fpgadeck.com/
August 17, 2018, 07:51:30 AM
Hope the nvidia surprises everyone with a massive performance boost. The situation now is like there is no strong contender against ASIC.
Activity: 239
August 17, 2018, 07:49:42 AM

If in your coutry price is to high, wait for it it should come down soon, or just import them from cheaper places. RX570/RX580 good buy now is under 200e  Wink

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273380189582?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

179$ for a rx470..
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
August 17, 2018, 07:40:41 AM
They must be more expensive then 1080 , probably at 1000-1300 euro range Smiley

i check here something got discount for country independent day!nice done...i can buy full stock now~
copper member
August 17, 2018, 06:03:56 AM
They must be more expensive then 1080 , probably at 1000-1300 euro range Smiley
Activity: 129
Merit: 6
Long term HODLer since 2014
August 16, 2018, 09:34:50 PM
Think pricing for the pro cards is (roughly):

Quadro RTX 5000: $2300 (£1800)
Quadro RTX 6000: $6,300 (£4390)
Quadro RTX 8000: $10,000 (£7828)

I say what people really care about is GTX 2080 series. That's a mass market product that everyone can relate to.
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
August 16, 2018, 08:43:28 AM
Think pricing for the pro cards is (roughly):

Quadro RTX 5000: $2300 (£1800)
Quadro RTX 6000: $6,300 (£4390)
Quadro RTX 8000: $10,000 (£7828)

copper member
August 16, 2018, 08:15:47 AM
They do come down very nicely Smiley I have my target price RX570-140euro:)

Seen a post yesterday GTX2080 release date 20-30august. Wounder whats will be these priced Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: