Pages:
Author

Topic: Goodomy [GOOD] - Launching May 24, 2018 // From the creator of the first ICO - page 20. (Read 23102 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
Creator of the ICO
Some people are clearly not getting the hang of the UI on EtherDelta. People are paying 10 and 100x over the odds for GOOD when there is no need. Really bad UI as decimal places dont show up well. Beware and work it out.
GOOD luck Karma!

Agreed. Hope it won't be too long before we can be added to other exchanges.

If anyone would like to feed the GOOD kitty at C-CEX https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&coin=good please do. Thanks!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
what happened to GOOD on coinexchange? Almost no trades.. is this normal? There were more trades on Etherdelta...
Creator of the ICO
You gotta put this on some other exchange maybe Nova there can vote everyone Smiley

The latest is at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19761525
and unchanged.

The problem is that there are so many new coins (and ICOs) that it may take a while.

Nova doesn't seem to have any ERC20 tokens listed, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Additional exchanges will come in good time Smiley
Creator of the ICO
I got Karma coin on Yobit. Can I swap it for Good Karma? I was waiting for the swap to happen but it seems it is not?

Hi. Unfortunately, for this token it was decided not to do a swap (from nearly the beginning) as expressed from this post and a bit before: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19541126 (last 2 paragraphs, then pretty much every page after that)

This doesn't mean that a swap with the old Karmacoin isn't possible if the Karmacoin community decides which direction to go, but please refer to that thread to keep updated on it.

Let us know if any questions about Good Karma can be answered. Thanks
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I got Karma coin on Yobit. Can I swap it for Good Karma? I was waiting for the swap to happen but it seems it is not?
Creator of the ICO
Bought a big bunch of GOOD  Grin

Good stuff! Thanks for your support Smiley
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Bought a big bunch of GOOD  Grin
Activity: 326
Merit: 256
I like the positive vibe in this thread. Good luck with Good Karma. I just invested some via coinexchange.io Can you give a estimate time about the release of the road map and some more details about the future of Good Karma?
Creator of the ICO
I'm happy to announce that the following markets for Good Karma are now open on CoinExchange.io

GOOD/BTC

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/GOOD/BTC

GOOD/ETH

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/GOOD/ETH

GOOD/DOGE

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/GOOD/DOGE

Tokens from the G∞D kitty will be added in a few days. However, you are free to buy/sell now. This will allow the marketplace to determine the price that it should be traded at first, now that we're on an exchange with a market that should be seeing more volume.

After having dealt with about 9 exchanges so far (some larger, some smaller) I must say that CoinExchange is the best I've worked with for GOOD in terms of both their response times and their level of support.

More exchanges to come!
Creator of the ICO
By the way, I will release the road map and some more details about the future of Good Karma once we have stabilized on a new exchange. There's really no point in doing it before then if there's market manipulation (or lotsa fatty fingers) going on at the current one.

(Also, once we have another, easier exchange I may point people only to it from the OP and also the website, in order to make it easier for people to trade and have a better overall experience.)
Creator of the ICO
GOOD is now being added to Coinexchange.io!?!?  Grin Grin Grin It just appeared in the Newly Listed.

Mighty observant of you Smiley It's being considered, but there's no official announcement yet.
Creator of the ICO
There wasn't much interest?

Correct. No one from the old Karmacoin thread was interested in doing a new coin for Karma without a swap. (But I didn't want to do a swap because about half of the old Karmacoins in circulation had been stolen.)

This post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19528164
and the one following it illustrates some of my reasoning for wanting to re-launch Karmacoin.

However, after it was created there was one person from there who started posting here. Also, another member asked for free tokens (just because).

But the reason I created Good Karma was for the benefit of the Karmacoin community.

Maybe not, but this still does not make it right that some guys (is it more than one?) bought all the coins for very cheap (they were first listed for very cheap).

The first adopters got it almost for free, and all the GOOD was sold very fast (hours? minutes?).
The difference of purchasing power (in number of GOOD units) of someone that saw the coins for selling when they were first listed, and someone that only reached the exchange hours latter was huge.

This presents a huge advantage to early adopters (opening the EtherDelta page one day latter than the initial listing day and you can only purchase GOOD for 100x the price...), similar with what happens when a coin is premined.

I wanted to price it very cheaply for the community, as I had said from the beginning. After I saw that there wasn't interest, I priced it even lower commensurate with what I thought was market demand (almost null). But I also wasn't aware of how 'difficult' the exchange interface was. I guess you could say I screwed up the launch, and a difficult exchange probably made it worse. The problem will de-wrinkle itself given more volume, I think.

As you can see from the post above, some people are quite observant. Others are just quick. I am also guessing it took some time for (most?) people to figure out how EtherDelta worked, but others were already familiar.

Regardless, for the next exchange I will probably let people know when the market is up and link to it, but offer no more than about 1,000,000 tokens for the first week. (The rest will come from people who already own it.) This should give more people advanced notice of our new exchange.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
GOOD is now being added to Coinexchange.io!?!?  Grin Grin Grin It just appeared in the Newly Listed.
Activity: 532
.000002 ETH puts us at $450,000 market cap. this is way undervalued IMO. just look at the coins around #350 on coinmarketcap. most of them are completely inactive! nowhere to go from here but up

You think that $450,000 is undervalued as of today?

This is around 100x the price the coins were initially sold for some days ago!

I would like to know how bought most coins for dirt cheap and what are they motivations for the next weeks/months.

Hopefully some of the Karmacoin bag holders were able to pick up some coins. The lack of a swap for 'new Karma' (due to the billions of missing and stolen exchange wallets) is the main reason I created Good Karma.

There wasn't much interest in the coin in the beginning, even from Karmacoin holders Cheesy We'll see what the next few weeks hold.

When I start to show some tangibles, then I think it should be worth a bit more as a project.

There wasn't much interest?

Maybe not, but this still does not make it right that some guys (is it more than one?) bought all the coins for very cheap (they were first listed for very cheap).

The first adopters got it almost for free, and all the GOOD was sold very fast (hours? minutes?).
The difference of purchasing power (in number of GOOD units) of someone that saw the coins for selling when they were first listed, and someone that only reached the exchange hours latter was huge.

This presents a huge advantage to early adopters (opening the EtherDelta page one day latter than the initial listing day and you can only purchase GOOD for 100x the price...), similar with what happens when a coin is premined.
Creator of the ICO
For those looking to buy into Ethereum, I would probably wait until after July 1 (when 3rd quarter begins). A lot of big money that invested in Bitcoin and Ethereum cryptocurrencies tend to sell a good part of their holdings at the end of every quarter in order to make their books look better. They then resume buying when the new quarter begins.

This is also a good time for more institutional and other large investors who missed out on Ethereum to get in at a lower price. Just a few months ago, in March, ETH was at a high of only $15, so a lot of investors were caught off-guard. Some people are panicking now because cryptocurrencies are dropping, and Ethereum is dropping from its high. But when you think that even a $100 drop from $370 to $270 is still an increase of 1,660% over its high just 3 months ago, then we can get a little perspective. Of course it will correct itself.

And then you have this: https://blog.gdax.com/eth-usd-trading-update-5d8142b5bdc1
Which was likely the cause of what's going on now with the price of Ethereum.

But...

These companies https://entethalliance.org/members/ have only recently joined the Ethereum Alliance.

When you have an entire country that is rolling out an Ethereum-based ERC20 token (same as GOOD) then you know you're in good hands: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/06/101616-singapore-tokenizes-currency-ethereums-blockchain/

Russia also recently met with Ethereum to do the same thing, though Singapore is much further ahead. 24+ countries and 90+ central banks around the world are also looking into using the same technology, according to Deloitte. This is where Ethereum shines over Bitcoin and everything else:

Trade finance
Provenance
Cross-border payments
Multi-party aggregation
Digital identity
Record keeping
Clearing and settlement
Re-insurance

These are boring phrases to most, but they actually represent many trillions of dollars a year in transactions.

If you imagine that an entire country would tokenize their currency on the Ethereum blockchain, you can see how high Ethereum will likely rise in future. Add this onto bonds (JP Morgan) and other financial instruments and this is huge. Every transaction on the Ethereum blockchain needs to use Ethereum currency. Ethereum is just getting started. If Ethereum has the same gains the next 12 months as it had the previous 12 months, it will be not only the first trillion dollar coin, but the first trillion-dollar entity, beating out Apple, Amazon, and Alphabet.

Even if Good Karma did nothing, $20 worth of GOOD in that case would be worth about $600 as the price of Ethereum rises. But of course we're continuously adding value to make Good Karma shine above most other altcoins.

These companies and governments did not choose Bitcoin for this because of its inherent limitations. They chose Ethereum. But it will take some time. Things like this don't happen in a couple of months.

This is why GOOD chose Ethereum over Bitcoin-based technology. This is the ground floor, and GOOD will rise along with it. Imagine if each Singaporean or Russian citizen had a little GOOD in their wallet when they performed a certain kind of activity. The best part about this is that Good Karma doesn't need to partner with the Singaporean government (or Microsoft, BP, Toyota, etc.) separately. It can be done automatically, through the blockchain. We can simply look up transactions on the public ledger and perform the transaction immediately, even allowing Singapore citizens to create an account on the Good Karma website by pasting in their transaction information.

However, we do have plans to join the Ethereum alliance within the next 2 months, so you'll see Good Karma listed right along next to those other big names. We will work to develop key partnerships with other entities in the alliance (Plan A) but will also be able to implement rewards for their clients and customers without any integration whatsoever (Plan B).

It's hard to illustrate this vision as text, of course, but over the next few months you will begin to see more of what we're talking about. Then it will be more of an, "Oh! Of course!" kind of thing. This isn't just another token or coin. This is a movement.

And then more coins will wonder why they didn't think of it before Smiley

Before Good Karma, I was the project lead for "Karma Coin" where I pioneered ICOs (April 2014*), was the first cryptocurrency to incorporate, the first to successfully switch algorithms, the first to be brought back from the dead, first to be revived by the community, and several other 'firsts'. But now we're not rescuing a coin that already had billions of stolen by multiple parties (and still does, may it rest it peace). We are building from the ground up!

This won't just be another 'first', it will be tremendously huge.

Thanks for joining us on this exciting journey!

* http://web.archive.org/web/20140626124054/http://karmashares.com:80/explorer-v01
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Hello dev any news about Yobit ??
Good luck  Grin Grin

Thanks. Unfortuntely, YoBit hasn't responded to my tickets. I've had 2 open tickets (both free and premium) for more than 3 weeks:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19928092

Right now it seems that Bittrex and another, smaller exchange (not decentralized!) may be listing GOOD sppn. I will keep you posted.
bittrex will be the big factor here OP as we knew that there's a lots of pumping going on with that exchange and its not helping the project
just be careful with any pumped team that will take advantage, looking forward to see this inside yobit and other additional exchange.
Creator of the ICO
very good idea and very interesting project , will keep my eyes on it

Thanks. Ethereum is taking a beating today (along with most other altcoins) but it should be a nice opportunity the next few days. ETH saw a 50% gain on June 10 and it looks like the market is correcting this somewhat.
Activity: 502
Hello dev any news about Yobit ??
Good luck  Grin Grin
Activity: 266
Good Karma....

What the hell Grin Cheesy Wink
Creator of the ICO
Why not just give people money, btc, or hell even doge if you want to reward them? Why does it need a new token?

It's a good question. I am not really saying that much for now, only that it is for 'rewards' but I guess you could say there is a unique twist to the concept that I think will add tremendous value. (My apologies for being vague and mysterious about it.)

Time will tell, though.
Pages:
Jump to: