Pages:
Author

Topic: Google to BAN crypto advertising-includes Youtube - page 8. (Read 777 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Well the main point here is certain social media and right now google are banning the ads and links that are all Crypto related I don't think this can be a big problem with the value of bitcoin and other Altcoins, Because There are still many out there are keeps on supporting Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies, I really think they had their own reason for doing this if it's not for the securities and privacy of their services it might be they are working on their own Cryptocurrency for themselves because this would be a competition between other Cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 406
Merit: 103
yes many bad news about crypto lately, and it make market price going down, google ban crypto ads starting on June, but this news has given a very big effect on the market today.
I'm hope no longer news like this will show up in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
UBER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKTTT

meh shit will all be up nicely by end of summer.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'm curious about some thoughts here, as I don't see this as inherently bad. Ultimately, if we want bitcoin, alts and cryptos, in general, to become more mainstream and continue to grow then we definitely need a form of regulation (as much as that may counter argue the decentralized system itself) and a way to curb scammers.

Keep in mind that every person who gets scammed will voice their opinion as loud, if not louder, regarding why everyone they know should avoid bitcoin, etc.

I actually don't see this as a bad thing; when I was discussing this with friends and family over the holidays, I had to encourage people to avoid investing before they did a lot of research (not only on the coin/project, but the platform/exchange itself). It would be a good thing for our community if we could create a safer (and easier) way for people to invest into the projects we know and back.

This about general stock investments; anyone can walk into a bank, fill out a form and begin trading and investing. If investing in cryptos was as easy (and safe, in that you won't get scammed through a bank), then some of those same people may shift their investments to "our world", so to speak.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't see this as inherently a bad thing. Definitely a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but maybe it has to be done in order to curb the growing appeal of scammers. I'm very sure that well established projects and exchanges, as well as major coins will shortly continue to find a way to advertise. Likely, Google and the rest will also create a sort of internal advisory board to approve/deny up and coming projects that wish to advertise. Keep in mind that Google makes a ton of revenue through their advertisement platform, it's not in their best interest (either) to completely shut the door on such a lucrative and up and coming market.

just my 2 cents.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
It sounds so bad, it is such as bad news for bitcoin. As we know that bitcoin is promoted and offered through google, youtube and other channels. If it happens, it is such the end of bitcoin. There will not be developer creating the video channels to promote the project due to the BAN. However, that information is not believable, giving people proper information not make them afraid such this information.

It sounds bad but as you stated there won't be an end for Bitcoin due to this. Bitcoin is promoted in many channels and if one medium is stopped we cannot think that it is the end of Bitcoin. May be ICO's may be impacted but that too a little in their promotions but they have many ways to promote.
Activity: 744
Merit: 266
Google has announced to ban advertising related to cryptocurrencies from June onwards. Such a big name calling cryptocurrencies a scam venture adds to the negative sentiments and creates a fud. Market is already going to a major bearish cycle after last year December uptrend.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
It sounds so bad, it is such as bad news for bitcoin. As we know that bitcoin is promoted and offered through google, youtube and other channels. If it happens, it is such the end of bitcoin. There will not be developer creating the video channels to promote the project due to the BAN. However, that information is not believable, giving people proper information not make them afraid such this information.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Well products or people spreading Cryptocurrency and Decentralization shouldn't be on Centralized platforms in the first place.
I won't be surprised if they start taking down the accounts of these products/people soon.
It is a war whether we like it or not. It'll be almost impossible to win them on their turf.

Like you say it is a war
Activity: 182
It is not good. It sounds super disgusting. First banned by some countries, then facebook, now Google and Youtube planning to banned. It is not really good. Sounds something there is a big wrong beyond our imaginations.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
Bad news as new development and projects are also been advertise inside youtube, if that channel will also be affected as mention from OP's post, then target investors will be affected, we knew that in anyhow developers are creating video channels in order to promote their project, giving the poeple proper information and ideas what can be the use of their created project / coins, if this will be done then we should create or find other venue and make it usable
in anyways.
Activity: 458
Merit: 10
🔥 Ultimate Launchpad on TON 🔥
If this will be official then will Twitter the only one who accept crypto ads after the Facebook and possible Google ban. This will make Twitter very important in my opinion.
Yes, your speak is true. Its the last good platform. If there are any problem, crypto market will can go away. Its very important for cryptocurrency publishing. Twitter is good platform/social mediaia market for any types even crypto marketing.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Its good for bounty hunters. Organic advertisers will get more if google bans all ads related to crypto.
Also forum will be more popular day by day. This will be another bad effect for all prices too.
We will see red for months.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
IMO, Google prohibits ads related to ICO projects, compared to both Youtube as this is Google products, put Google ads the most. But Google's ban on ICO-related ads has absolutely nothing to do with the YouTube bounties because they do not use Google ads to promote the ICO, but merely create a video to showcase it and attract viewers.
Ucy
Activity: 2646
Merit: 403
Compare rates on different exchanges & swap.
Well products or people spreading Cryptocurrency and Decentralization shouldn't be on Centralized platforms in the first place.
I won't be surprised if they start taking down the accounts of these products/people soon.
It is a war whether we like it or not. It'll be almost impossible to win them on their turf.

Yeah!the news is very, very bad!and all this is not easy!this is a bad impact on the cryptocurrency market and what will continue to be a mystery to me!

What is next, it can only get better!
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Yeah!the news is very, very bad!and all this is not easy!this is a bad impact on the cryptocurrency market and what will continue to be a mystery to me!
I don't think it will shut down crypto youtube channels only the advertising at the beginning. If their content is about crypto they are only giving their option on the matter. So it's freedom of speech. The same as facebook did it was only for paid advertisement.

I have my faith if they will ban cryptocurrency ads, the only ads will be banned is all about scam project.
Google will do their part by stop the ads of scam project. This is good to prevent people not fall into the scam project.

May be so but this market needs new market participants
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
I don't think it will shut down crypto youtube channels only the advertising at the beginning. If their content is about crypto they are only giving their option on the matter. So it's freedom of speech. The same as facebook did it was only for paid advertisement.

I have my faith if they will ban cryptocurrency ads, the only ads will be banned is all about scam project.
Google will do their part by stop the ads of scam project. This is good to prevent people not fall into the scam project.
It will be very hard to promote ALTS in the future.
Lets see what happens to the price of ETH, NEO, WAVES with this news!
If even Google started banning advertising in ICO, I think there would be a similar ban on twitter.
That could lead to a shortage of funds in the entire cryptocurrency market, and the bear market continues.

I am thinking the same as you.

Did you know there are ALTS with 500,000 USD market cap that only have a daily Turnover of less than 100 USD

This move by Google might be a good thing for BITCOIN because all the ALTS WILL DIE: think about what I just said, it makes sense.

BITCOIN has the media promoting it, the ALTS have next to nothing promoting them

Pages:
Jump to: