Pages:
Author

Topic: Got my BFL Single today and I'm raffling it away for 0.5BTC! - page 20. (Read 29318 times)

donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm curious Matthew,
I thought you are located in Seoul, South Korea.
Why is the raffle page on bit-pay.com saying Baekdu Mountain, Pyeongyang Korea North?

I don't get the drift.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
I'm curious Matthew,
Why is the raffle page on bit-pay.com saying Baekdu Mountain, Pyeongyang Korea North?

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Huh  am i missing something?  where is the downvote feature?

yes, you are missing the downvote feature.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I will buy *at least* 10 tickets one hour after I wake up tomorrow unless someone sends .25BTC to 1QHcAaRkNFg82mLyXc2HqZLqvX3QwnGQJr

Cheers & good night!  Grin

Be sure to use [email protected] as your referral e-mail.  I'll pay you back your 5 BTC plus an extra 5 BTC if I win and you buy 10 tickets with me as the referral.

I'll pay anyone 1 BTC if they use me as a referral and I win!
donator
I'm curious Matthew,
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

[email protected] FOR ALL YOUR REFERRAL NEEDS
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I will buy *at least* 10 tickets one hour after I wake up tomorrow unless someone sends .25BTC to 1QHcAaRkNFg82mLyXc2HqZLqvX3QwnGQJr

Cheers & good night!  Grin
Activity: 557
I'm in.  [email protected] if you need a referral
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
How about you withdraw this scheme and get back to your magazine or whatever you do that's actually useful to the community.

It was a slow morning in Korea. Too late to turn back now though.

Are you wiling to use the DeepCeleron method of choosing the winning ticket?

Yes of course. The spreadsheet we will receive from Bit-Pay 7 days from now will be converted into raffle tickets based on credits for raffle tickets held by the email address owners who have purchased or earned credits through Bitcoin deposits or referrals.

At that time, I will release the actual ticket list, omitting the winner's email addresses and an independent party can run the list if they like. This is up to the community, I couldn't care less who does it so long as the math works and it's fair.

In good old Bitcoin transaction manner several members will independently check the results.  Grin

Tongue
donator
How about you withdraw this scheme and get back to your magazine or whatever you do that's actually useful to the community.

Yes of course. The spreadsheet we will receive from Bit-Pay 7 days from now will be converted into raffle tickets based on credits for raffle tickets held by the email address owners who have purchased or earned credits through Bitcoin deposits or referrals.

At that time, I will release the actual ticket list, omitting the winner's email addresses and an independent party can run the list if they like. This is up to the community, I couldn't care less who does it so long as the math works and it's fair.

In good old Bitcoin transaction manner several members will independently check the results.  Grin
donator

Are you, Matthew?

Ah, you just answered that one post above.
This thread is moving too fast...

Edited for clarity:

The spreadsheet we have from bit-pay right now does not reflect tickets, it reflects credits to buy tickets. We need to convert those purchases into tickets at the end of the raffle (because the amount of tickets can increase based off of referrals).

Then all standard raffle rules will apply, and DeepCeleron can even handle the rules for randomizing it himself if he'd like.
donator
I can't believe it, but I'm mysteriously drawn to this. It might still be a scam, and I never win anything.
But that again, the ongoing discussion about the mechanics of how to determine the winner are just to cool to stay out of this.
I'm in.

Just to clear the air of future naysayers:

At 09:25:29 AM, another user by the name of DBordello had mentioned the potential for the title to be misconstrued and the issue was resolved within minutes. The topic was changed to "raffle" to make it absolutely clear what was being offered.

At that time there had been 0 participation in the raffle from the community so there can be no arguments of deposits made under false pretenses.

Ferroh's post was at 11:14:00AM complaining about a title that then didn't exist, barking about his disagreement with raffles and mislabeling it a "Ponzi" scheme, then later retracting it, and blaming the entire community for "supporting ponzi schemes" due to their support for this honest raffle for a Bitforce Single.

So far everything he has based his 'points' on, he himself has since retracted. So I just have to ask..

U mad bro?
Activity: 557

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
You're not giving them away, you're selling raffles for them in a pyramid gambling scheme, where we don't know how many raffles are sold and therefore what our odds of winning are.

It is mildly depressing that the majority of the bitcoin community:

• Jumps on this idea with wild excitement, with apparently no consideration of why it might be a bad idea to buy into this.
  • Discusses stuff like this in a forum where the "im in LETS DO THIS LOL!" posts can't be downvoted so that the "um guys, this is a pyramid/gambling scheme" comments get buried. (I'm looking forward to new forum software.)

Huh  am i missing something?  where is the downvote feature?

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Just bought a ticket!

If you use my e-mail as a referral < [email protected] > I will pay you 1 BTC if I win!
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Bah! Shameless bait and switch.

Pages:
Jump to: