Pages:
Author

Topic: Got my BFL Single today and I'm raffling it away for 0.5BTC! - page 21. (Read 29318 times)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250
Just my .02BTC, I would prefer the blockchain version of randomizing. It's pre-determined, public, and independently verifiable. I think it's the most fair solution.

Also, I just bought some tickets Wink

Come on... Pappa needs a new mining rig!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
You're right, it's merely a gambling scheme where we have no idea what the odds of winning are.
Oh, you mean a raffle?

Originally your thread title read "giving it away for 0.5BTC!".

The winner will be stealing it as far as I'm concerned. This wording issue was already brought up and addressed immediately.

Activity: 557
Matthew, where is your governmental permit to host raffle games?

It's in the same location where the permit is for unregulated Internet bitcoin gambling.
 Wink

Exactly! In Spain of course!

I was commenting about psy's BTC-play referral in his sig.
Activity: 111
Merit: 100
You're not giving them away, you're selling raffles for them in a pyramid scheme.

Pyramid scheme? You mean that kind of scheme that the people on the bottom have no chance of winning, unlike this raffle?

You're right, it's merely a gambling scheme where we have no idea what the odds of winning are.

Originally your thread title read "giving it away for 0.5BTC!". It's more like "selling it for hundreds of BTC and giving you a chance to gamble on the outcome".

It's in the same location where the permit is for unregulated Internet bitcoin gambling.
 Wink

Exactly! In Spain of course!
Activity: 557

Wink

Two choices:

• Find out what country I'm hosting it out of and look it up like I did;
  • Report me to the police in Spain
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
legendary
Activity: 1904
You're not giving them away, you're selling raffles for them in a pyramid scheme.

It is mildly depressing that the majority of the bitcoin community:

• Jumps on this idea with wild excitement, with apparently no consideration of why it might be a bad idea to buy into this.
  • Discusses stuff like this in a forum where the "im in LETS DO THIS LOL!" posts can't be downvoted so that the "um guys, this is a pyramid/gambling scheme" comments get buried. (I'm looking forward to new forum software.)

Nah.... he's just an ass and misled us to believe the winner could buy it for 0.5 BTC.  After he had two pages of response, he let loose the real deal.  Don't pin this on the community.

Pyramid scheme? You mean that kind of scheme that the people on the bottom have no chance of winning, unlike this raffle?

legendary
Anybody want to make a javascript page to do the ticket-picker math I specify above? I'll try it if no genius can whip one up in minutes, I'd like to make sure many/any method can arrive at same answer for winner.

Input 1: Last 10 of hash (10 digits hexidecimal)
Input 2: Number of entries (base10 decimal)
Input 3: Do ticket numbers start at 0? (yes = 0, no = 1)
Output 1: Input 1 % Input 2 + Input 3

Aww piss, I post the first response, step out for a meeting, and then Matthew turns it into a raffle. Fuck this shit, I'm out.
Right?? I was ready to hit send and buy that 0.5BTC BFL single!

http://pastebin.com/6LqsUgUg

Address is in signature if you want to say thanks.
Activity: 111
Merit: 100
You're not giving them away, you're selling raffles for them in a pyramid gambling scheme, where we don't know how many raffles are sold and therefore what our odds of winning are.

It is mildly depressing that the majority of the bitcoin community:

• Jumps on this idea with wild excitement, with apparently no consideration of why it might be a bad idea to buy into this.
  • Discusses stuff like this in a forum where the "im in LETS DO THIS LOL!" posts can't be downvoted so that the "um guys, this is a pyramid/gambling scheme" comments get buried. (I'm looking forward to new forum software.)
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Anybody want to make a javascript page to do the ticket-picker math I specify above? I'll try it if no genius can whip one up in minutes, I'd like to make sure many/any method can arrive at same answer for winner.

Input 1: Last 10 of hash (10 digits hexidecimal)
Input 2: Number of entries (base10 decimal)
Input 3: Do ticket numbers start at 0? (yes = 0, no = 1)
Output 1: Input 1 % Input 2 + Input 3

Aww piss, I post the first response, step out for a meeting, and then Matthew turns it into a raffle. Fuck this shit, I'm out.
Right?? I was ready to hit send and buy that 0.5BTC BFL single!
legendary
Use me as your referral, [email protected], and if I win I'll pay everyone who used my referral their 0.50BTC back.

How are you going to verify that?
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
The issue I see is that the bonus program you laid out issues fractions of entries. Are only full entries counted towards the draw? (ie 1.05=1, 1.85=1, 2.05=0, etc)

Good point.  I think a user's final entry count will be turned into a weighted number for the purpose of the drawing.  Some clarification on this would be appreciated Smiley

Use me as your referral, [email protected], and if I win I'll pay everyone who used my referral their 0.50BTC back.
legendary
The issue I see is that the bonus program you laid out issues fractions of entries. Are only full entries counted towards the draw? (ie 1.05=1, 1.85=1, 2.05=0, etc)

This could be solved by multiplying all ticket amounts by 100.
Activity: 560
Pages:
Jump to: