Pages:
Author

Topic: Got my BFL Single today and I'm raffling it away for 0.5BTC! - page 22. (Read 29318 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I see that now... at least I helped you catch something Wink.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
You forgot:
add 1 to mod result unless you numbered tickets starting with 0
I just updated the post, the example result 141 was in hex, you must convert it back to decimal = 321. I do specify the first ticket is #0. Another oops with the calculator procedure is that you'd be entering the number of tickets in hex, which gives wrong results if you input decimal, I'll fix that too.
legendary
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
  • A winner will be chosen 7 days from today's date and contacted through the e-mail address they provided at the time of entry.
  • The winner will be chosen in conjunction with random numbers provided by random.org across a spreadsheet of raffle credits.
This method cannot be independently verified.
  • There can be false unpaid entries (even with payment verified on blockchain, they can be paid in by the organizer to himself).
  • The winning ticket selection method cannot be seen or verified by all outside parties.

I can at least solve the second part. The bitcoin blockchain contains lots of completely random hashes that are NSA-recommended as unreversible, not predetermined, outside control of any one party, and published publicly.

Here is my recommended method to declare winning ticket numbers of any forum lottery:

1. Publish block# to determine winner. For this lottery's timeline, block 171420 (~8 days from now) after 120 confirmations could be the one to determine the winner (block 170267 used in example below),
2. Disclose ticket numbers (spreadsheet) beforehand (start at 0, list forum IDs, etc), allow all entrants to see they are present in list and that there are no mystery entries nobody can account for.
3. Determine total number of tickets at entrance cutoff time (lets say 711 in this example),
4. The random data to be used from the block will be the last 10 digits of the hash,
5. The winning ticket number will be determined by the modulo (remainder) function [python = math.fmod(int("hash_last_10", 16), num_of_entries)]. Winning number as output by Win7 x32 calculator if any disputes of solution.

Here is how to independently determine the winner with no programming on Windows calculator (fixed):
  • Verify the block hash from two independent sources (ideally one being your local blockchain),
  • Open Windows Calculator. Select View->Programmer. Select "Hex" radio button,
  • Paste last 10 digits of hash into calculator (73ef1acb71 in block 170267 in this example),
  • Press "Dec" radio button to convert to decimal (497932749681)
  • Press "Mod",
  • Enter number of tickets (711)
  • Press =
  • (If the list of ticket numbers started at ticket #1 instead of ticket #0, add 1)
  • See winner (example winning ticket number is #276)
aaaand I'm out again. If it's too good to be true, It'll probably get edited later.

Quote it for truth then. Nothing will change. I'm not Atlas.
Activity: 742
Are you sure the winner isn't going to be announced in 4-6 weeks?
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
aaaand I'm out again. If it's too good to be true, It'll probably get edited later.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250

I will not post anything inflammatory for 72 hours.

Can we raffle this?

(going into a coma would not count)

Sure- if I win this raffle, I will raffle off my silence for 72 hours.

Although that is going to cost Matthew the glowing review... I'm not a cheap whore you know, just a whore.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
Thread updated.

Rules for normal participation (IMPORTANT!)
  • Click the image above
  • Purchase any number of raffle entries you would like.
  • Provide a valid e-mail address that you do not mind sharing publicly.

Rules for referrals (IMPORTANT!)
  • Provide your e-mail address to a referral
  • When they purchase their raffle credits, they will receive an additional 5% credit for each credit they purchase.
  • You will receive an additional 25% credit for each credit purchased through the referral.

Referral example:

You purchase 1 credit. You now have 1 raffle credit.
    Friend 1 purchases 1 credit through your referral e-mail.
    You now have 1.25 raffle credits. Friend 1 now has 1.05 raffle credits.
    Friend 2 purchases 3 credits through your referral e-mail.
    You now have 2 raffle credits. Friend 2 now has 3.15 raffle credits.

Deadline (IMPORTANT!)

A winner will be chosen 7 days from today's date and contacted through the e-mail address the provided at the time of entry.

The winner be chosen in conjunction with random numbers provided by random.org across a spreadsheet of raffle credits.

the evil genius strikes again, well done Matt Smiley
Activity: 518

I will not post anything inflammatory for 72 hours.

Can we raffle this?

(going into a coma would not count)
I am not sure this exactly qualifies as "giving it away for 0.5BTC". This is more of a simple raffle, just with something people want.

Dan

Fixed for clarity.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!
Thread updated.

• Click the image above

• When they purchase their raffle credits, they will receive an additional 5% credit for each credit they purchase.
  • You will receive an additional 25% credit for each credit purchased through the referral.

Referral example:

Deadline (IMPORTANT!)

A winner will be chosen 7 days from today's date and contacted through the e-mail address the provided at the time of entry.

The winner be chosen in conjunction with random numbers provided by random.org across a spreadsheet of raffle credits.

I am not sure this exactly qualifies as "giving it away for 0.5BTC". This is more of a simple raffle, just with something people want.

Dan

Oh god, please, I need the golden ticket!

I lol'ed so hard.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

Oh god, please, I need the golden ticket!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
could someone please lend me 0.5 btc to 1G4ra28n3d6ZmA89bRR45QBT3ogSJXBVUD invoice expired.

i'll pay back 0.50000001 in 7 hours Cheesy

(i should get around to re-installing the android wallet so i'm not out-and-about with no coins)
legendary
Bought one... [email protected] if you want the extra 5%.
Thread updated.

• Click the image above

Referral example:

Deadline (IMPORTANT!)

• A winner will be chosen 7 days from today's date and contacted through the e-mail address they provided at the time of entry.
  • The winner will be chosen in conjunction with random numbers provided by random.org across a spreadsheet of raffle credits.

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Random me random it to me please. Nice gesture anyway.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
I'm in.

Giggity.
Pages:
Jump to: