Pages:
Author

Topic: Got my BFL Single today and I'm raffling it away for 0.5BTC! - page 9. (Read 29283 times)

dab
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Maybe block # % # of entries? (I as well have no idea what is contained inside a block so I'm just throwing ideas into the wind lol)
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
I thought he was referring to the block as the cutoff for entries. Not as a means of deciding the winner.

I think it was more about using it as a publicly verifiable random number, but I don't know what random number he would be getting from the block since I've never seen what a block looks like.
dab
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I thought he was referring to the block as the cutoff for entries. Not as a means of deciding the winner.
With all the back and forth, so what's the plan now for drawing a winner?

I'm waiting a response from deepceleron regarding his idea (since I have no idea what is involved with using the blockchain to tell a random number),

but I am also fine with just sending theymos the spreadsheet with all the emails SHA256 hashed with a salt (so that he doesn't know who is who) and using random.org to pick and certify the winner, then publishing the salt after the fact.

That however, is what the old me would do, and I enjoy learning new things especially when they involve more transparency.
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
With all the back and forth, so what's the plan now for drawing a winner?
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
$1028 for a $600 board (granted with delivery quickly instead of 4-6 weeks months).  Pretty nice.  Shows BFL Singles are underpriced relative to demand.

Shows nothing of the kind. If this were an auction, then yes. But if this were an auction it wouldn't get anywhere near $1000. This is a raffle. Big difference.
What the FUCK.

Sorry guys, wasn't thinking. This is why I am posting everything I am doing to make sure this goes smoothly. It would obviously be 0.01 credit = 1 ticket. I was just looking at the 402.7 on my spreadsheet when I said that.

It will be obviously be 40,270 tickets.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
$1028 for a $600 board (granted with delivery quickly instead of 4-6 weeks months).  Pretty nice.  Shows BFL Singles are underpriced relative to demand.

I'm not sure a raffle is an accurate price discovery mechanism.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
The current rate of exchange for raffle credits to tickets has been decided on as

0.1 credit = 1 tickets.
Wait wot? What does that mean for the guy with 1.05 credits, or the next guy with 1.25, or the guy with 1.3 credits who doesn't like the way you rounded up the other guy's credits. Hrm.

Also wouldn't the stupidly easy thing be to simply make it 0.01 credit = 1 ticket?  
No rounding, no issues, no unfairness.  
100 tickets per credit.
402.7 credits = 40,270 tickets

Huh
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
The current rate of exchange for raffle credits to tickets has been decided on as

0.1 credit = 1 tickets.
Wait wot? What does that mean for the guy with 1.05 credits, or the next guy with 1.25, or the guy with 1.3 credits who doesn't like the way you rounded up the other guy's credits. Hrm.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
UPDATE:

Code:
	Referrals	Purchased	Referrer Bonuses	Referral Bonuses	Total Credits
Totals 30 388 7.2 7.5 402.7

0.1 credit = 1 tickets.

That means that at present, there are 4,027 tickets.

0.01 credit = 1 tickets.

That means that at present, there are 40,270 tickets.

Now comes the fun part--- choosing the winner!

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Mostly Harmless...
I haven't checked on this thread in a few days, but had bought a few tickets.

my email is 5a4419d19fbf16aefeda35aaa84833e976c3b454189b46675437d960261b8baa

Hope I didn't miss out.

I got your PM just now and I was about to respond to you, but I responded in the thread instead. You used a upper-case first letter in your e-mail address (check your invoice) and then when you went to confirm, you used a lower-case email in your own SHA256 hashing.

It is no surprise you didn't find your e-mail address, because it's 8a6b6a6233d1367f5dd28257c7dafdef653bf556f3fa69e7f282aecb076cca3e

Thanks for clearing that up Cheesy
Now that is more like it!  Things were going a bit too smoothly.

i no rite?

UPDATE: I realized I was confusing myself about the BTC>Credits thing, almost as much as everyone else was confused about it too.

I'm going back to the original and recalculating. I will repost a proper and less confusing list in a few minutes.,

Hope I didn't miss out.

I got your PM just now and I was about to respond to you, but I responded in the thread instead. You used a upper-case first letter in your e-mail address (check your invoice) and then when you went to confirm, you used a lower-case email in your own SHA256 hashing.

It is no surprise you didn't find your e-mail address, because it's 8a6b6a6233d1367f5dd28257c7dafdef653bf556f3fa69e7f282aecb076cca3e
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
I appreciate the effort by the person who made the list but personally I think it would be unacceptable for anyone to produce a list other than the OP (Matt)

Not that I think anyone would cheat but it surely is not a good idea for a contestant in this raffle to compile the list that is used to determine the winner.
It's pretty easy to look at the ticket number ranges vs credits and see I did the math right (or discover I did it wrong...).

With the error I discovered, Matthew will need to create a new list which will have a different number of total credits - he can turn the credits in to ticket numbers like my example. If the referral calculation was done in error by the way the bitpay was set up and Matthew only got the results from them, it may take a bit of time to fix.

I understand the list can be verified by all but I personally don't have the time to check all of theses variables and I don't think it's fair that I should have to , Matt is running the contest - he is responsible - he should provide the list.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Mostly Harmless...

Hope I didn't miss out.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Now that is more like it!  Things were going a bit too smoothly.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
I appreciate the effort by the person who made the list but personally I think it would be unacceptable for anyone to produce a list other than the OP (Matt)

Not that I think anyone would cheat but it surely is not a good idea for a contestant in this raffle to compile the list that is used to determine the winner.
It's pretty easy to look at the ticket number ranges vs credits and see I did the math right (or discover I did it wrong...).

With the error I discovered, Matthew will need to create a new list which will have a different number of total credits - he can turn the credits in to ticket numbers like my example. If the referral calculation was done in error by the way the bitpay was set up and Matthew only got the results from them, it may take a bit of time to fix.
Pages:
Jump to: