Pages:
Author

Topic: Government & Bitcoin - page 59. (Read 70830 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 22, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
People will always be afraid of new stuff:
 - First guys saying earth was not the center of Universe.
 - First guys saying earth is round.
 - Wright brothers and their airplanes ideas.
All of them were considered crazy or foul because of fear, and now in economy we have a revolutionary money called "Bitcoin" that is causing fear again.

True, revolutionaries are always feared because they alter the status quo, they create new paths but also destroy some old ones.
fear from what? fear from the things that can be affected when the bitcoin is become the mainstream currency of the world then all of the currencies of every country will be lose?

Basically yes, if I was a banker, which I’m not, I’ll be very afraid of bitcoin and of what it will bring.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 22, 2015, 09:57:10 AM
All of them were considered crazy or foul because of fear, and now in economy we have a revolutionary money called "Bitcoin" that is causing fear again.

True, revolutionaries are always feared because they alter the status quo, they create new paths but also destroy some old ones.
fear from what? fear from the things that can be affected when the bitcoin is become the mainstream currency of the world then all of the currencies of every country will be lose?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 21, 2015, 11:58:56 PM
The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.

I think when biticoin will become the new most used and popular currency in the world there the government will as well support it and help it grow more. I think the government will be supportive in whatever may come specially when it comes to our economy.
Bitcoin is GOD
September 21, 2015, 04:54:40 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
September 21, 2015, 12:57:48 PM

Well bitcoin is transparant, your transaction history will show in public through blockchain, i think the cyber police/people who investigate for cyber crime will caught the crime.

I think they can track the btc address but difficult to find who has send it unless sending provide is personal info to his online wallet company. This is what I know.

Yeah you are right, authorities can monitor the transactions history through blockchain but it will be big task for them to identify the crime and reach to the person who is misusing the system, though i am not sure.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049
September 20, 2015, 10:20:15 PM
Bitcoins will be hard for them to stop without shutting down the entire internet. Should a government act against bitcoin, it would drive the price through the roof.

The government of first world countries would never want their beloved currency to go to waste. They are already acting against it. They can't fully go through with it, however. It's a decentralized currency. The only possible outlet they have is putting place laws and regulation that make it harder to obtain or trade. NYC bitcoin LBC exchanges have pretty much been banned because you need a license (which is hard to obtain) in order to purchase/trade bitcoin. I wouldn't be surprised if more came.

I think there is a lot more difficulty in trading bitcoin with a fiat currency, as the fiat part can be tracked without too much trouble, and as long as financial institutions/banks carry out the government's will, it can make it a chore to trade.  What is very difficult to control however, would be bitcoin being used to buy and sell actual goods and services.  It is very effective at doing that, whether the government chooses to act against it or not.  In fact if they choose to be against it, then they will force bitcoin users to operate outside of the law, and that means that they won't be able to capture any tax revenue from sales.

The IRS already wants people to put bitcoin apart of their income if they have any. So it's not like people aren't already escaping the laws of the US tax system. Regardless, I would have to disagree about trading with Bitcoin and fiat currencies. In my opinion trading with BTC is much more easier than fiat currencies because of the fraud associated with sellers and fiat currencies. I'd only accept bitcoin when possible if I were to sell anything, especially online. I wouldn't have to worry about any type of bullshit going on with my money in terms of fees, chargebacks, ect. PayPal specifically coming to mind in terms of ecommerce and online dealings, they do nothing but rob you of your money.

I think you misinterpreted what I was trying to say.  I am talking about trading/exchanging funds between bitcoin and fiat (x bitcoin for y USD or vise versa).  Without fiat transactions, how is the government going to keep track of your bitcoin transactions?  It wouldn't be within their line of sight to know how much bitcoin you have.
I know what is your point, you only want to say is, bitcoin is only depending on fiat money and if theres no fiat money bitcoin will be useless, you only change your money into digital so that you can  have an easy transaction.

I'm probably not explaining myself well enough.  I'm talking from the perspective of (the government) tracking people with bitcoin and bitcoin transactions.  That tracking can only be done if you are exchanging your bitcoin with fiat (not cash), so that there will be a record with your bank.  Other bitcoin purchases that are not taxed, wouldn't be traceable.

So in the even that the government outlawed bitcoin, I think you'd still be able to use it as long as you don't have transactions between your bitcoin account and your fiat bank account.
How you can exchange your bitcoin into fiat but not in cash? through exchanging your coins into fiat and put it into your bank account? how? because all i know that you can only exchange your bitcoin if you exchange it into a cash and if you exchange it through load it can also track you.
the government can use various justifications or pass new laws if necessary that bars businesses from accepting bitcoin as payment. Laws against tax evasion, money laundering, etc.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
September 20, 2015, 01:46:05 PM
I do agree with you that government do not want this currency around, but what can they do about it? Ban it? That just show how much of a threat it is.
Activity: 132
Bsupra C. Member
September 20, 2015, 11:45:38 AM
September 20, 2015, 10:58:39 AM
Are we talking about our dream for bitcoin in the future or bitcoin condition again our goverment??

But personally im not to sure about my goverment policy for bitcoin for this day, because i think they dont care about it anymore  Grin

My wish and my dream for bitcoin absolutely same like most of members that already post on this thread before...
Dreams like theres no hassle when you are buying food or stuffs. And also the things that you only need a device like cellphone or tablet to pay your payments and don't need a wallet or ATM card.
Activity: 558
Merit: 500
September 20, 2015, 07:04:41 AM
Are we talking about our dream for bitcoin in the future or bitcoin condition again our goverment??

But personally im not to sure about my goverment policy for bitcoin for this day, because i think they dont care about it anymore  Grin

My wish and my dream for bitcoin absolutely same like most of members that already post on this thread before...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target
September 20, 2015, 01:38:57 AM
Bitcoin is only "online payment method" , also bitcoin is a comodity
but im sure in future bitcoin can be use at all country of the world Wink
legendary
Activity: 1134
September 20, 2015, 01:34:34 AM
Hope government will accept bitcoin soon. But its hard for some government because they are thinking bitcoin can be use in illegal transaction like what others did in deepweb.
also goverment must think again about money laundry, Bitcoin is high risk to be legal payment,
because state officials can send and receive money without being detected

Money laundry is an endemic problem in my country along with corruption, so the worst that it will happen is that state officials will have an easier time stealing. So sadly, not much will change in my country.

In my country too. Money laundry and corruption have to do only with bitcoin but even with legal money of every country. So it is not logic connect those two characteristics only with bitcoin.
Bitcoin is GOD
September 19, 2015, 04:29:59 PM
Hope government will accept bitcoin soon. But its hard for some government because they are thinking bitcoin can be use in illegal transaction like what others did in deepweb.
also goverment must think again about money laundry, Bitcoin is high risk to be legal payment,

Money laundry is an endemic problem in my country along with corruption, so the worst that it will happen is that state officials will have an easier time stealing. So sadly, not much will change in my country.
legendary
Activity: 1120
September 19, 2015, 01:48:16 PM
September 19, 2015, 12:16:51 PM
One day or other government and people together working for bitcoin. I mean bitcoin would be official alternate currency in every country. I dream....

Agree and "dream" me to. Most countries will turn increasingly attention versus bitcoin and most of them already  have held particular attention about it doing writing rules of aceptance. Unfortunately some of those have banned it but I think that will rethink one day.
Like in some country in southeast asia, because they will help their own people than the other, like some business like banks that are related to bitcoin, we are talking about money and we all know that some country are so very tight in money.
legendary
September 18, 2015, 01:51:40 AM
One day or other government and people together working for bitcoin. I mean bitcoin would be official alternate currency in every country. I dream....

Agree and "dream" me to. Most countries will turn increasingly attention versus bitcoin and most of them already  have held particular attention about it doing writing rules of aceptance. Unfortunately some of those have banned it but I think that will rethink one day.
Activity: 126
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
September 18, 2015, 01:18:24 AM
September 17, 2015, 12:35:05 PM

If all governments accept bitcoin can be an alternative currency then surely price will go sky rocket but it looks like that is quite difficult to happen in near to long term range. Mostly all big institutions will not allow that to happen.
Yeah the price will increase as its users increase, and if all countries accept bitcoin , many bitcoin users now will be rich and i think satoshi will now show himself.
Activity: 910
September 17, 2015, 06:24:29 AM

If all governments accept bitcoin can be an alternative currency then surely price will go sky rocket but it looks like that is quite difficult to happen in near to long term range. Mostly all big institutions will not allow that to happen.
Merit: 515
September 17, 2015, 06:21:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: