Pages:
Author

Topic: [GOX] Crime Scene Investigation, Case #MG744 - page 8. (Read 47008 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
The coins are directly linked to known Gox addresses. See reddit for more info.

The coins are split in about half and moved to new addresses immediately after they get 6 confirmations. They are down to around 10k per address now:

This looks really bad.  Anyone with any standing in the bankruptcy should file something IMMEDIATELY before the contents of these addresses get sent through mixers to God knows where.

Because this looks like Gox/Magikarpeles is preparing to abscond.

(Alternately, it could actually have something to do with the bankruptcy authorities themselves, since the feds did something similar with Silk Road funds.  But it should be known why this money is moving around now of all times.)
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
If anyone is from Japan, please check if MtGox reported the theft to the local police.

If yes, which addresses the stolen coins were sent.

If not, please report the theft based on MtGox's statements. Not sure about how it's done in Japan, but when you report a crime, police is bound by law to look for evidence of the crime (Gox employee interogation inclusive).

You have a point there, looking at the translated version of the reorganization plea I did a search for 'stolen' which hit twice, I could not determine if the language surrounding it was speculation about a crime taking place and a suggestion that a criminal investigation commence; or a formal complaint that they believe a crime took place with the formal request for the criminal investigation.  

So, I agree with you, someone with standing in japan should make the police and/or fed agency criminal complaint.  
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
@ Finnminer nice post and yes coincidence indeed.
Activity: 378
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
I was sure that there is no thief ! So these must be sended to Japan to show them what is going on

Yes, someone should check if the crime of theft was reported by Gox to the police at all.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I was sure that there is no thief ! So these must be sended to Japan to show them what is going on
If anyone is from Japan, please check if MtGox reported the theft to the local police.

If yes, which addresses the stolen coins were sent.

If not, please report the theft based on MtGox's statements. Not sure about how it's done in Japan, but when you report a crime, police is bound by law to look for evidence of the crime (Gox employee interogation inclusive).
Activity: 74
The coins are directly linked to known Gox addresses. See reddit for more info.

The coins are split in about half and moved to new addresses immediately after they get 6 confirmations. They are down to around 10k per address now:
https://blockchain.info/address/12Fgt5jTUENHjYu4KtYaz9V7PMbno3ABan
One interesting thing I noticed is that the amounts are exactly what you'd expect if you used the splitBigOutputs() function from the leaked Gox source code to do the splitting:

Coincidence or Karpeles using his own code to move the coins?
how can you be sure that it s gox adresses and not anyone s else?
Activity: 95
aTg
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Attention, known accounts of gox move 180k BTC immobile since 2011;

https://blockchain.info/tx/4ee89f7cf824a85ad5f11d52604ffdebe9f01302bcea8ddec0af450f9185ddf1
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
I clicked through one path which ended up on the same address as above already posted: 1P3S1grZYmcqYDuaEDVDYobJ5Fx85E9fE9 with 50K where very small BTC amounts are still put onto, but never taken away. If that were an MTGOX address, BTC would still be there. If you said - you forgot the keys - get convicted and after a certain amount of years miraculously find the key again - you're deadly rich and already served your penalty.

Except since this "miracle" is nothing more than a fraud, you've committed a whole other crime, and fraud tolls the statute of limitations.  You are still not entitled to keep the money, and can be imprisoned indefinitely under civil contempt until you disgorge the funds.

well, I'm glad for that, but in the mean time we should have found the money
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
I clicked through one path which ended up on the same address as above already posted: 1P3S1grZYmcqYDuaEDVDYobJ5Fx85E9fE9 with 50K where very small BTC amounts are still put onto, but never taken away. If that were an MTGOX address, BTC would still be there. If you said - you forgot the keys - get convicted and after a certain amount of years miraculously find the key again - you're deadly rich and already served your penalty.

Except since this "miracle" is nothing more than a fraud, you've committed a whole other crime, and fraud tolls the statute of limitations.  You are still not entitled to keep the money, and can be imprisoned indefinitely under civil contempt until you disgorge the funds.
Activity: 476
Is his cat with him?
 I think a room number will be more interesting, or the BMW license plate?

You can't interrogate a room number or car plates.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Mark Karpelès and his Polish bodyguard Mr.Pawczyński left Tokyo and staying in the Koyo Grand Hotel, closely to the Train station and main highway.  

This doesn't tell me much. If you know Mr. Pawczynski's first name (and ideally his date of birth), this would be helpful.

I only copy past from the website i found.  Why is the bodyguard his name and birth date any importance?   I think a room number will be more interesting, or the BMW license plate?

Mark Karpelès and his Polish bodyguard Mr.Pawczyński left Tokyo and staying in the Koyo Grand Hotel, closely to the Train station and main highway.  

This doesn't tell me much. If you know Mr. Pawczynski's first name (and ideally his date of birth), this would be helpful.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
MT Gox CEO has a black rental BMW 6 series.

2-3-1 Honcho
Aoba Ward, Sendai, Miyagi 980-0014
Japan

Pages:
Jump to: