Pages:
Author

Topic: [GPL] Gold Pressed Latinum 2.8.1 - Hardfork 01 Feb 2017 - page 5. (Read 44630 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Check next:
reservebalance=0
connections 2 or more
wallet - unlocked

What tooltip do you see when pointer over staking icon?

I have had three connections all this time, I set reservebalance to zero way back, and have never locked the wallet.

There is no icon as I cannot compile the GUI, I am running the headless daemon.

However, I just stopped it, emptied debug.log and restarted it, and now all of a sudden it seems to be staking. Smiley

Didn't last long but at least it tried. Staked its biggest balance, showed an orphan in log, back to doing nothing. Maybe waiting for coins to age again.

-MarkM-
Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
Check next:
reservebalance=0
connections 2 or more
wallet - unlocked

What tooltip do you see when pointer over staking icon?
legendary
For staking just keep 2 or more connections. If you have big balance, split it like in Hyperstake tutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H4Xi3zr21g

If wallet encrypted, then unlock wallet for PoS.

Well there is STILL no sign of any staking happening.

Even if it is counting coin age only since the wallet obtained the private keys, instead of since the coins were actually sent to their addresses on the blockchain, some indication of staking should be happening by now shouldn't it?

-MarkM-

For staking just keep 2 or more connections. If you have big balance, split it like in Hyperstake tutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H4Xi3zr21g

If wallet encrypted, then unlock wallet for PoS.
legendary

Ahhh yes the .pro is what the qmake uses to create the Makefile. I guess in DMD the configure must mess with that.

Great, than ks. Not sure how much I need the GUI, so far only one I ever use is DMD, and only to make sure I get coin-control right when sending earnings so as not to mess up my Masternodes.

Sounds like GPL is pretty much automatic in dealing with piles for staking though so hopefully won't need it.

Since snapshot was taken way back in November coins should be old enough to stake already? Yet I am not seeing any balance in the staking field.

Example config file shows turning off reservebalance but nothing like "staking=1" or whatever to make it stake? SO shouldn't it be staking by now since it got my balances and caught up to blockchain last night?

-MarkM-
Try  in file goldpressed-qt.pro

BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw49-mt-s-1_59
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/boost_1_59_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/boost_1_59_0/stage/lib

change path and version numbers to actual you have.

New default directory ../goldpressedlatinum2
legendary
All my machines are still running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, there are far too many of them for me to be in any rush to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.

I cannot compile the GUI version of your newfangled GPL2, it seems to be something to do maybe with paths that have "C:" imbedded in the path?

At least those lines are the only ones I can find in the Makefile that mention 1_59 or 1.59, and the error that breaks the compile in the end says

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw49-mt-s-1_59
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw49-mt-s-1_59
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw49-mt-s-1_59
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw49-mt-s-1_59
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:559: recipe for target 'goldpressedlatinum-qt' failed
make: *** [goldpressedlatinum-qt] Error 1

Isn't mgw some kind of tool for cross-compiling FOR WINDOWS on linux machines? If so it looks like the Makefile somehow thinks I am trying to cross-compile for Windows, though I do not know what would give it that idea.

I tried qmake with and without RELEASE=1

I have not yet ever even attempted to compile a GUI for the old GPL, maybe if I tried I would find it has this same problem?

Diamond (DMD) coin has a GUI that compiles just fine, but, they use ./configure system so probably are able to figure out I am trying to compile on Linux for Linux not on Linux for Windows.

I have compiled GPL2 headless (no-GUI) no problem, and thanks to your foresight in assigning new port numbers I am having no problems so far setting it up right alongside the old version of GPL. I didn't check whether you also changed the default directory, I forced use of ~/.GPL2 in my GPL2start.sh script so I wouldn't have to check. But it occurs to me it could be useful for players to know whether in fact it does have a different default directory from the old versions.

-MarkM-

GPL2 have not many active users. I see only 3-4 connections.
In SCIFI and CAP+ always about 30 connections, KED and QBT 15-18 connections.
Therefore exchange will be not soon.
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
GPL2 on an exchange yet?
legendary
It was mentioned earlier that we can continue running version 2 as a separate distinct coin; does there need to be a checkpoint server or anything like that for that to work, or will it just continue happily along just fine for who-ever decides to leave their old version running as well as setting up the new version?

I have set up assets, HZGPL and HZGPL2 on the HORIZON network so players of the Galactic Milieu can conveniently use both coins in the Milieu. I am not sure how players will backstory this, maybe an offshoot branch of the Ferrengi will be attributed the new coin, whatever. Certainly players will want to be able to use both coins if feasible.

-MarkM-
You have poor internet connection.
I think 10 mbps is enough to run this wallet.
Screenshot says that you have 0 connections when generate coins. But GPL code allow generate only with 2 or more connections.
You lost connections constantly.

Also check computer time, update from ntp and then start wallet. GPL not work if you have more 40 min offset.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
I think 10 mbps is enough to run this wallet.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
Can you tell me why this is happening? Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Check the thread again to see how it works. Wink

I've left my address, which is against the forum rules, but it doesn't say what to do....crazy

legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Check the thread again to see how it works. Wink
20 coins it is 0.07 usd, you really need it?

lol, that's the total after about 2 years of on/off mining
GPL was very hard to mine at one stage
20 coins it is 0.07 usd, you really need it?
Pages:
Jump to: