Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 2. (Read 16858 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
September 27, 2018, 01:46:57 AM
GPU mining just needs good self-modifying hashing algo to prevent ASICs and some top coins to adopt it. GPU miners have proven to provide nice distribution and resistance to botnet mining abuse.

This probably won't be the case.

Take Bitcoin or Litecoin for example, they have only ASICs running the networks and it's been fine for the last few years.

The centralization issue only occurs if there is one ASIC manufacturer who refuses to distribute their miners and mines with most of the hashrate like everyone assumed Bitmain did back in 2017 with the whole Segwit mess.

However if there are many manufactures of ASICs and they are properly priced where many end retail users buy them for home use around the world then there is no centralization issue anymore.

Hence the reason why BTC or LTC didn't change their algo in the past as ASICs came in.
again u make no sense, why do you keep posting this nonsense, ltc and btc is all centralized asic mining

unless you have near free power its unprofitable to mine which puts it out of reach for home or small even midsize miners.

The networks are OWNED by bitmain and other colluding asic miners who not only sell the shovels but own the biggest mines, theres no central group in either algo to challenge them like they should by changing algo like xmr did so how could a switch be accomplished lolol?!

what the fuck do u mean an algo switch was not made because its fine?! lol the foxes are in the hen house why would they leavr now?!.

just stop posting man u must think we are blind deaf and dumb stop it

BTC has many different ASIC manufacturers from various parts of the world. You got multiple manufactures in China like Canaan and Bitmain and you got some in Japan and you got Bitfury in USA.

I agree with you some of the other algos like maybe Dash or ZEC are more centralized due to the ASICs but with the millions of ASICs already out there for BTC, they are scattered throughout the entire planet and have a good decentralised hashrate from one another.

The problem is... if BTC keeps dropping then people in certain parts of the world will be forced to turn off their ASICs and then it might be more centralized in one area than another.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
September 26, 2018, 07:58:46 PM
GPU mining just needs good self-modifying hashing algo to prevent ASICs and some top coins to adopt it. GPU miners have proven to provide nice distribution and resistance to botnet mining abuse.

Take Bitcoin or Litecoin for example, they have only ASICs running the networks and it's been fine for the last few years.

The centralization issue only occurs if there is one ASIC manufacturer who refuses to distribute their miners and mines with most of the hashrate like everyone assumed Bitmain did back in 2017 with the whole Segwit mess.

However if there are many manufactures of ASICs and they are properly priced where many end retail users buy them for home use around the world then there is no centralization issue anymore.

Hence the reason why BTC or LTC didn't change their algo in the past as ASICs came in.
again u make no sense, why do you keep posting this nonsense, ltc and btc is all centralized asic mining

unless you have near free power its unprofitable to mine which puts it out of reach for home or small even midsize miners.

The networks are OWNED by bitmain and other colluding asic miners who not only sell the shovels but own the biggest mines, theres no central group in either algo to challenge them like they should by changing algo like xmr did so how could a switch be accomplished lolol?!

what the fuck do u mean an algo switch was not made because its fine?! lol the foxes are in the hen house why would they leavr now?!.

just stop posting man u must think we are blind deaf and dumb stop it
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
September 26, 2018, 04:30:58 PM
It will probably depend if there will be actual competition between ASIC manufacturers or not. Most ASIC manufacturers mine using their new chips first and then later release it to the market. It is very unfair to other miners who can not manufacture their own ASICs. It will be a lot less independent mining operations - centralization.

BTC is very centralized mining now. It will hurt in the future. They probably did not see it back then.

GPUs distribution around the world is a lot better and AMD and Nvidia do not run mining operations.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
September 26, 2018, 04:36:59 AM

Activity: 47
September 26, 2018, 02:00:48 AM
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
September 25, 2018, 10:16:59 AM
im used 10x gtx 1080ti produce 56usd per day

And how much your capital investment for 10 GTX 1080ti ?
Hahaha.
Lets do the math
The fact is that in July of this year 10 pcs 1080ti could not mine $ 56. Although this man may have found a mining Eldorado.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 25, 2018, 08:57:03 AM
Hi fellow miners, new here.  May I know what coins are you guys mining nowadays?

I have bunch of older radeon GPUs and i mine mainly Monero (XMR) with em, and bunch of abused laptops that mines AEON, as its bit nicer for older machinaes Smiley

Interesting choice, I tried Bittube (TUBE), but went back to ETH as I was having problems with Bittrex. Curious why did you choose AEON, profitability seems to be almost almost half of ETH according to whatomine.com
Activity: 3
September 25, 2018, 06:23:30 AM
Hi fellow miners, new here.  May I know what coins are you guys mining nowadays?

I have bunch of older radeon GPUs and i mine mainly Monero (XMR) with em, and bunch of abused laptops that mines AEON, as its bit nicer for older machinaes Smiley
Activity: 2
September 25, 2018, 04:21:01 AM
Activity: 11
July 21, 2018, 12:53:34 AM

Hahaha.
Lets do the math

10=7000

If purchased summer of 2017

365 x 56 = 20000

Power is 5 a day 1800

So

20000- 8800 =

Minus two mobos ram psus

Looks like he made over 10000 if purchase was summer 2017

Lower it to 4000 if purchase was nov 1

And resale is. 4000 easy. So. 14000 if July 15

Or 8000 if nov 1

Profit is 7000 + 1800 = 8800

so he's yet to make profit?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
July 21, 2018, 12:45:07 AM

Hahaha.
Lets do the math

10=7000

If purchased summer of 2017

365 x 56 = 20000

Power is 5 a day 1800

So

20000- 8800 =

Minus two mobos ram psus

Looks like he made over 10000 if purchase was summer 2017

Lower it to 4000 if purchase was nov 1

And resale is. 4000 easy. So. 14000 if July 15

Or 8000 if nov 1

Profit is 7000 + 1800 = 8800
Activity: 788
Merit: 100
July 21, 2018, 12:04:35 AM

Hahaha.
Lets do the math
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
July 20, 2018, 11:04:17 PM
Still making my truck payment here with my GPU's.

Not shabby. 

Though my equip was paid off long ago. 

Can not imagine buying in 6 months ago building a rig and being buried completely with GPU prices.

Ride er out til she dies.

Not six months ago, but I built my gpu farm in November 2017.  Not the best of times to buy gpu's, but not the worst either.  Haven't sold a single thing for fiat.  I don't really plan to for a few years at least.  I mine, trade for btc when the mined-alt/btc value is good, and I'm still on par for what I expected.  Don't build a gpu farm on credit, have funds to pay your electricity costs out of your other pocket, learn when to trade your mined alts for btc, and don't be an idiot.  I don't care what my fiat value is or if I can make a car payment with my crypto mining profits, I care how much btc I can get in 1, 3, 6, 12. 18, 24, 36, 48 months with the hardware that I have.  That is all.
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
July 20, 2018, 09:01:28 PM
Still making my truck payment here with my GPU's.

Not shabby. 

Though my equip was paid off long ago. 

Can not imagine buying in 6 months ago building a rig and being buried completely with GPU prices.

Ride er out til she dies.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
July 20, 2018, 08:31:07 PM
I think the people contributing to this thread as of late who speak proper English are few and far between.  I almost feel that way about this entire forum.  Tired of decoding the bullshit.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
July 20, 2018, 07:00:20 AM
I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.
Yes it true according to recent coins adopte GPU mining and failed like bitcoin gold with famous 1 vote sys . even big farms working on POW going to disappear soon because of POS mining is safe ,secure and not consuming high power as usual people always search for easy way .
Activity: 21
July 20, 2018, 06:54:04 AM

What are you mining ?
Activity: 27
July 20, 2018, 04:04:32 AM
Activity: 336
July 20, 2018, 02:09:36 AM
Hello! I do not think so. It seems to me that the GPU will be relevant for a long time. Coins similar to Ethereum will remain.
Activity: 45
June 05, 2018, 12:39:52 PM
Indeed if we compare the gpu vs asic miner, they are really different for the hashrate and speed mining, and that's what will make mining using gpu will die.
But if we look at coins that can mining, we will know that not all coins can be mined by asic, from that I think that mining gpu will always alive.
Pages:
Jump to: