Pages:
Author

Topic: Greed is bringing loss for traders - page 19. (Read 16082 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
April 18, 2019, 08:41:59 AM
Greed is the result of inexperience. Probably every experienced trader in the process of becoming a career faced with the fact that he was overwhelmed with greed and he made the typical mistakes beginner. It is precisely the absence of knowledge and a counting strategy that leads to this.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
April 18, 2019, 08:34:42 AM

What can be done to ease greed amongst investors ??

The best for greedy investors; let them naturally learn the habitats of crypto currency space
Which is all that matters; no matter the teachings and wordings

You cannot influence the decisions of other people except they decide to do so
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
April 18, 2019, 01:52:42 AM
Of course everyone has their own profit target. Some have targets per day, per week and also monthly. There is nothing wrong with large or small targets. As long as it's profitable, of course it's not wrong for someone to have their own target. If you experience a loss that is the risk obtained.
Activity: 625
Merit: 258
April 18, 2019, 01:52:22 AM
Well for instance they have to know how much you can lose on an alt coin price variation.
Also it's situational in a way where if it's an HOT coin with lots of traders and has potential they might see it as profitable else they just dont trade with it.
Activity: 531
Merit: 10
April 18, 2019, 01:47:21 AM
Naturally, traders come to crypto currency with a loyal and considerate mindset
Which is to make profits from 1% - 50%

I.e a trader of 100$ investments wishes to get 150$ (50$ profit). But when the bull spikes comes in; instead of cashing out their profit, Begins to imagine building mansions and suddenly wants to hodl to 3000$

When they wake up the next day and are left with 25$; they say altcoin is shit, that is shit

Well I agree, that kind of greed sometimes becomes loss for traders or investors. It is always better to set a target value to sell than to wait for your altcoins to give you 1000% profit only because of your imagination that the bulls will run again on the next morning.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
April 18, 2019, 01:38:43 AM
That's definitely true, greed - an attempt to make huge amount of profit have caused a lot of loss to the traders. Some traders do not want to sell even at 20% gain on their investment probably they want 100%. I was once a victim of this in 2017. My investment appreciated by 400% instead of me to sell it and reinvest I left it, I seriously regretted that action. Investors should be careful of greed.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
April 18, 2019, 01:13:49 AM
and some time many traders have lost their money on this,is who do a very large amount,as a rule most traders and invetsors,lost money, when in December of 2017 began the decline of the market,and people have lost just 5-10 times more than they had,and some projects do at the total of 2018 already uslu minus x 100

People who have discipline in life will make money and where greed overcome the discipline they will end up losing money towards the end. It is therefore said that set your goal and once achieved kindly execute the trade without waiting for long .
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
April 18, 2019, 12:53:39 AM
You are not describing a trader, but a beginner who has come with great expectations. A conscious trader will not allow himself to criticize what he earns. Therefore, so many are now dissatisfied with the crypto currency. Too many random people came for big money.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
April 18, 2019, 12:40:02 AM
Yes you are correct.
I have experienced this too .
It happened when I newly joined cryptosphere.
I allowed greed to take over and it resulted to me making some critical decisions on emotions and I lost .
We should all shun greed if we must succeed in cryptocurrency space.
To do this effectively, it starts from programming our mindsets
As a newbie without much knowledge, greed will always rekt such a person except you have prior financial management knowledge or risk management. Growing with time eliminate this habit I call it habit.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
April 17, 2019, 02:06:32 PM
One update to this post is that sometimes it is not always all about greed but carelessness
Some traders can be so careless that they won’t update nor check their portfolio for weeks

Which Inevidently result to loss
Massively
Activity: 644
April 17, 2019, 01:24:49 PM
and some time many traders have lost their money on this,is who do a very large amount,as a rule most traders and invetsors,lost money, when in December of 2017 began the decline of the market,and people have lost just 5-10 times more than they had,and some projects do at the total of 2018 already uslu minus x 100
Activity: 690
Merit: 12
There are consequences for every action
April 17, 2019, 01:19:55 PM
Yes you are correct.
I allowed greed to take over and it resulted to me making some critical decisions on emotions and I lost .

Emotions are one crucial effects that cannot cloud your crypto currency investment judgements
We need to avoid falling in love with any investment

Emotions brings fuds and fomo to reality in our minds
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
April 17, 2019, 01:06:12 PM

I.e a trader of 100$ investments wishes to get 150$ (50$ profit). But when the bull spikes comes in; instead of cashing out their profit, Begins to imagine building mansions and suddenly wants to hodl to 3000$

When they wake up the next day and are left with 25$; they say altcoin is shit, that is shit

Contentment is the second key to profit here in crypto while patience is the first

Greedy people has no future in everything in his lifetime,yeah he can gain money but not a friend.because greed person is like a snake,and if you don’t fed then this will surely bite you
Activity: 322
April 17, 2019, 12:58:32 PM

Greed is natural state of mind for an average human. FOMO is caused by our greed. I think that only a bad experience of losing your deposit can force you to rethink your strategy and pacify the greed.
Activity: 1260
April 17, 2019, 12:52:21 PM

Well, most traders will be tempted to hold the coin if they see the hype of their coin.
Smart traders will sell the coin partly and the profit is already included, and holding the rest.
If later the coin dump, they wont loss because they already take the profit.
copper member
Activity: 336
April 17, 2019, 12:11:39 PM
Yes you are correct.
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology
April 17, 2019, 11:27:20 AM

True that is sure greediness but doesn't that exist? Imagine someone having 17k$ and making up to 2M$ in a bull run. On the blockchain ANYTHING is possible and some people will like to take that risk no matter what. Sure its good to take profits when there is a small surge but its not bad to think so high to making weird risks like that
Activity: 308
April 17, 2019, 10:42:06 AM

this is one common problem for many traders "GREED" and one big task is trying to manage the greed to avoid loosing money. I believe 90% of traders has this on them an find it difficult to handle
Activity: 602
April 17, 2019, 10:26:43 AM
This is the simplest truth that every person probably knows today. I think that the interest in trading among people will not end anyway. Therefore, I believe that cryptocurrency should in any case have real prospects.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
April 17, 2019, 10:24:38 AM
As u said. It is very common. Especially some newcomers. they always want coins to reach 1000X. In fact, it is very difficult to do. the best strategy is: we set an easy goal to achieve. For example, ten times the growth. then sell it.
Pages:
Jump to: