Pages:
Author

Topic: Green Laser Pointers *400/600/800/1000/2000MW (Refund if seized) - page 9. (Read 13832 times)

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
These are cool items indeed and I've seen plenty demos of these types of high-powered lasers. But what is the legality of owning one of these in the US? What is the legal threshold for max power? And would you take responsible if case customs confiscates it?

Only problem I've ever seen with lazer pointers in the USA is point them at cops. Tends to freak them out a little for whatever reason Cheesy

Are you saying that from experience?  Wink. This is probably true, because it emulates the person being targeted, ie a gun is pointing at them. Although, the laser would have to be red. Haven't seen a green or blue laser mounted on a gun before.

It rings a bell with me for whatever reason. Smiley

Also aircraft/helicopters don't like them either (this is against the law.)

I remember hearing a story about Schwagstock (music festival that got shut down and the owners in prison) that some kid fell in the fire.  Well, they called the helicopter for him and everyone thought it was a raid.... needless to say people started hitting the chopper with so much laser power they couldn't even land.  

The festival people had let people know it wasn't the FED's.

I've only ever seen the black light lazer that could burn a little shit. This type of lazer listed here is on a whole different level... this fucker belongs in the gun safe if it can focus that amount of power!

Edit:

Here is a green laser for your gun!

http://www.shopbarska.com/Products-Laser_Sights.html?gclid=CNLQofjftL8CFQIT7AodnyoA9A
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
These are cool items indeed and I've seen plenty demos of these types of high-powered lasers. But what is the legality of owning one of these in the US? What is the legal threshold for max power? And would you take responsible if case customs confiscates it?

Only problem I've ever seen with lazer pointers in the USA is point them at cops. Tends to freak them out a little for whatever reason Cheesy

Are you saying that from experience?  Wink. This is probably true, because it emulates the person being targeted, ie a gun is pointing at them. Although, the laser would have to be red. Haven't seen a green or blue laser mounted on a gun before.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Where are these lasers produced ?
USA or China ? I'm just asking because I have purchased  500/1000/2000mw lasers produced in China that only output like 50mw.... not saying yours are these, just asking though Smiley

cough cough
I'm in Australia... would you be happy to send one to me if I paid ? I would accept all risk of it being taken off me by customs...
/cough cough

and like the poster said. these aren't a toy/joke. You NEED THE SAFETY GLASSES!!!!!!!
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
You'll want to grab one of these at the very least if you're going to be selling lasers - http://www.illumn.com/radiant-electronics-x4-3-7w-laser-power-meter.html

I myself use a Coherent FieldmaxII TO with a PM10 sensor, but that's probably more than you'd be willing to spend.
Out of curiosity, is "work output" by measuring beam significantly different from power draw on most lasers? Would guess OP has decent multimeter which, if polls very frequently, could do same test insofar as it measures draw, but again, Idunno if that's a good-enough estimate.

Probably cheaper for him to just send you every laser he sells for free in exchange for testing. Grin

For laser diode based lasers with known hardware you can calculate the approximate output, but these lasers use two crystals inside to change the wavelength of light to the 532nm green that comes out the front end. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode-pumped_solid-state_laser
The crystal conversion efficiency can vary greatly with temperature and even between two identical lasers. That's why having an actual power meter is important. Not to mention the whole thing of Chinese sellers padding specifications to increase sales.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
You'll want to grab one of these at the very least if you're going to be selling lasers - http://www.illumn.com/radiant-electronics-x4-3-7w-laser-power-meter.html

I myself use a Coherent FieldmaxII TO with a PM10 sensor, but that's probably more than you'd be willing to spend.
Out of curiosity, is "work output" by measuring beam significantly different from power draw on most lasers? Would guess OP has decent multimeter which, if polls very frequently, could do same test insofar as it measures draw, but again, Idunno if that's a good-enough estimate.

Probably cheaper for him to just send you every laser he sells for free in exchange for testing. Grin

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Yes these are not toys and are capable of causing instantaneous eye damage from just a reflection of this beam off of a white wall or other semi reflective surface. I would suggest treating these lasers as you would a firearm. Make sure your friends don't get their hands on it either. I find people have a hard time understanding how easy it is to permanently blind someone with these and will treat it far too casually.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
WW3
To anyone in this thread considering buying one of these lasers, PLEASE consider buying quality laser safety glasses to protect your eyes against this wavelength (532nm). (Sunglasses and welding goggles DO NOT WORK)

Reflections from shiny surfaces alone can cause permanent vision damage. To the person earlier who said this is like looking into the sun, it's quite a bit more power than that. If the laser can ignite a match, what do you think it will do to the delicate cells in the retina of your eye?

Rant aside, OP do you guarantee that the laser can sustain an output power of >400mW for at least 30 seconds? If so I'll grab one.

Yes everyone please make sure you are carefull as shining it to the eyes can make someone blind...

As of guarateeing that it can sustain an output power of >400mw for at least 30 seconds i cannot guarantee you that, how can i know though? is there a device which calculates output power? thx.
To anyone in this thread considering buying one of these lasers, PLEASE consider buying quality laser safety glasses to protect your eyes against this wavelength (532nm). (Sunglasses and welding goggles DO NOT WORK)

Reflections from shiny surfaces alone can cause permanent vision damage. To the person earlier who said this is like looking into the sun, it's quite a bit more power than that. If the laser can ignite a match, what do you think it will do to the delicate cells in the retina of your eye?

Rant aside, OP do you guarantee that the laser can sustain an output power of >400mW for at least 30 seconds? If so I'll grab one.
WW3
I would buy a few if I knew they would get through customs ok here in Australia... don't want to buy them and have them seized..

But they look really cool..

Now if you could make that lazer 100x more powerful  that would be something... LOL:)

Hehe, making a laser 4000mw is not something that i could do lol

However, if the lasers dont get trough customers i will give you a full refund Smiley

well that sounds like a nice deal about the refund... but would not want you to loose out... but I think they may get through...

Do you take paypal... and where are you based.. do you have a website...

Sent you  a pm:)
WW3
I would buy a few if I knew they would get through customs ok here in Australia... don't want to buy them and have them seized..

But they look really cool..

Now if you could make that lazer 100x more powerful  that would be something... LOL:)

Hehe, making a laser 4000mw is not something that i could do lol

However, if the lasers dont get trough customers i will give you a full refund Smiley
WW3
WW3
OP - I updated my post above, please read it.

How can I contact a mod to get it removed, I hate retards that jump into conclusions too quickly lol
legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
OP - I updated my post above, please read it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
Hey,
This thing is very dangerous! Pointing it to your eye is may be equivalent to stearing at the sun Cheesy
How much for shipping to Bulgaria? You can use this as a self defensive method Smiley
BR
legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
I'll take one, PM me we can work out a price. But why is your trust negative?

My trust is negative, how come -_-? I can't see anything :/

User   Date   Risked BTC amount   Reference   Comments
MrWDunne 0: -0 / +1(1)   2014-05-25   0.60000000   Reference   Posting fake images to win auction.

Ref link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/casascius-5-btc-coin-620239

EDIT: DUDE

You should take care of this, looks like @MrWDunne wrote you a negative reputation, on a thread that was NOT even his.

Basically, someone tried to scam you by sending you a fake PM with a payment address. This happens all the time.

@MrWDunne thought YOU were posting a fake image and wrote you a negative rating, which is probably effecting your sales.

@TECHSHARE pointed it out here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7698656 but @MrWDunne never removed the negative rating on you.

You should email a mod and get this fixed ASAP, its a negative rating on your account that should not be there.

Good luck.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hey, im new here but im really interested in buying 2 of these lasers. I will send u a pm, thanks
WW3
I'll take one, PM me we can work out a price. But why is your trust negative?

My trust is negative, how come -_-? I can't see anything :/
Pages:
Jump to: