Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 13. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
0% pre-mine + 90 sec transactions - very good conditions. About speed - what technology do you use?
I think the price will higher, than now
Activity: 1946
Merit: 350
I'm also interested in this issue, all the coins have long reached x10,
GRC almost stands still

Which all coins do you mean? You probably mean the most known such as Bitcoin, Dash, Ethereum, many coins died and didn't survive up till now, and some other fell in price and don't have perspectives.
GRC also rose, you can check in this graph https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gridcoin/
But if you want x10 and that's your main requirement, you can invest in ICO, there are many of them these days
Activity: 97
for now the price is still very low... what should be the reason behind a price increase ?
I'm also interested in this issue, all the coins have long reached x10,
GRC almost stands still
Activity: 1
What that link to SteemIt? Where the writer is writing about their favorite coin. That's cool, but what about real press releases. Is GridCoin even trying to market themselves, or do they want to keep going completely unknown.

Well if you're searching articles about Gridcoin you'll find out that some bigger newspapers / blogs whatever have recently talked about Gridcoin.

a) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-11/bitcoin-seen-addressing-power-hog-problem-with-prime-number-find
b) https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/technology/bitcoins-demand-for-electricity-can-be-answered-by-a-mathematical-discovery-12697924 (Business Report is South Africa’s leading business-focussed publication, with more than a million loyal readers visiting our platforms a day.)

You'll find more articles if you search for it =)
What that link to SteemIt? Where the writer is writing about their favorite coin. That's cool, but what about real press releases. Is GridCoin even trying to market themselves, or do they want to keep going completely unknown.

Thanks, if you meant my post.

Gridcoin is doing marketing, GRC is quite popular on Steemit, Reddit, other platform
You can check this site https://gridcoin.science/

Also you can join Slack, Discord or any platform which you prefer.
Last, but not least - there is faucet http://www.gridcoin.ch/faucet.php
It helps to bring new users to Gridcoin
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
for now the price is still very low... what should be the reason behind a price increase ?
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
This will be rising to $1 very quickly I believe, so much more media about it now.
What media is about it? Link me to some, I'd like to read up on what GridCoin is doing in development.

Just scroll up 5-6 messages up, geez!
Activity: 914
Merit: 299
This will be rising to $1 very quickly I believe, so much more media about it now.
What media is about it? Link me to some, I'd like to read up on what GridCoin is doing in development.

Just scroll up 5-6 messages up, geez!
Yes, but as for me even not media is more important, but community which is around Gridcoin (i.e. on Steemit there is big community, on Reddit too, but I'm not visiting Reddit so often) and it's growing, it includes many real scientists for whom Gridcoin is interesting and helpful
Activity: 524
Merit: 502
It puts a good use to computing power. And I've been using Boinc since before BitCoin was even made. (or around that time)
Since my last post I managed to exchange ETH to BTC and bought 2488 GRC
So far that's my biggest crypto investment)
I even posted on Steemit post with some screenshots https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@flodner/my-biggest-crypto-investment-gridcoin

For most of you that might be very small investment, but I didn't invest (at least yet) more neither in ICOs nor in altcoins.
I post it to say that I believe in Gridcoin, especially in the long-term
its quite cheap on c-cex atm, but it's a gamble because withdrawals are closed and "supposedly" won't open for at least 2 more days. Had some spare btc and with a smart few & lucky trades between eth and grc I made almost 10k coins out of thin air. Fingers crossed, I will manage to withdraw them sooner or later Cheesy

Good that I read this about C-cex, as I was actually thinking to register there. On Poloniex minimum Eth to send to balance is 0.5 and on Bittrex I don't know why but I can't deposit Eth.
By the way today I bought some GRC on Bittrex with Bitcoin, there withdrawal is very fast.
Gridcoin is one of the quickest recovering coins! Looks like people are being quick to jump on it at this low price.

its quite cheap on c-cex atm, but it's a gamble because withdrawals are closed and "supposedly" won't open for at least 2 more days. Had some spare btc and with a smart few & lucky trades between eth and grc I made almost 10k coins out of thin air. Fingers crossed, I will manage to withdraw them sooner or later Cheesy
Activity: 524
Merit: 502
Gridcoin is one of the quickest recovering coins! Looks like people are being quick to jump on it at this low price.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Interesting article but factually challenged.

Prime numbers are NOT at the "core of cryptography", though there has been some use of them in the past.

While I like the GIMPS project and was a long-time participant, if any distributed project has had impact on cryptocoin mining it would be the Distributed.Net project which IS a cryptography project.

This question is probably answered a hundered times but am I supposed to apply for a boinc email address first?

Also the wallet said that I need to change some data directory because I didn't install it into default location. Though I didn't see the error message again. What did it say I'm supposed to do? All I want to do is to stake and the wallet seems to be working.

If you just want to stake - you can buy Gridcoin (i.e. on Bittrex) and send to your wallet, then keep wallet running.
Boinc you'll need only for mining, and you don't need boinc email
Setting up Boinc is very easy,
This video explains everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=jm2E6pQ-Ifw
Pages:
Jump to: