Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 14. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 511
Merit: 250
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
This question is probably answered a hundered times but am I supposed to apply for a boinc email address first?

Also the wallet said that I need to change some data directory because I didn't install it into default location. Though I didn't see the error message again. What did it say I'm supposed to do? All I want to do is to stake and the wallet seems to be working.
Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Seems like a good point to jump in. Very interesting coin.
Activity: 914
Merit: 299
If you have an account at steemit.com please take the time to vote gridcoin for witness:
https://steemit.com/witness-category/@dutch/announcing-the-gridcoin-science-witness-stem-on-steem

Voted yesterday.
Also in this post people suggest to vote also for https://steemit.com/@sc-steemit
As I checked I voted for him already some time before (several months ago as I remember)

And Trumpman, why are you not running for witness? You name indicates that probably you should be interested in running, if not for the president, than for witness at least)

I have 25 votes left, so I would vote for you, and also for other Gridcoin supporters

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well I definitely lack the technical skills to run for witness and the competition for the first 20 sweet spots is REALLY HARD. There is really no incentive for me to actually bother. But you can always support my posts Tongue

And thanks for mentioning @sc-steemit he is also a big gridcoin supporter!
Activity: 1946
Merit: 350
If you have an account at steemit.com please take the time to vote gridcoin for witness:
https://steemit.com/witness-category/@dutch/announcing-the-gridcoin-science-witness-stem-on-steem

Voted yesterday.
Also in this post people suggest to vote also for https://steemit.com/@sc-steemit
As I checked I voted for him already some time before (several months ago as I remember)

And Trumpman, why are you not running for witness? You name indicates that probably you should be interested in running, if not for the president, than for witness at least)

I have 25 votes left, so I would vote for you, and also for other Gridcoin supporters
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
hello everyone,

in the boincstats.com  user status> the total credit number equal to gridcoin or how it calculate ? if so how do i claim it

were there anyone able to transfer from credit to gridcoin, if so how many credit for 1 gridcoin.

i saw in boincstas.com some was got 500 credit and some got 2500 credit per week.

boincstats has NOTHING to do with Gridcoin.

https://www.gridcoinstats.eu/index.php can give you an estimate of how much Gridcoin you are earning a day, they have an "enter your ID" search function that can take you to a page showing this estimate.

There is a Gridcoin "pool" - grcpool.com to get access to them.
I make enough that there's no point in my going through the pool, but folks with smaller BOINC efforts would probably find that pool to be a Good Thing.
Don't ask me anything about HOW it works, as I've never used it and am only aware that it exists.
You get it right, net world weight is too much so if you don't have the bare minimum, it will take a long time to get stake reward.

Do we have a joint POS pool?

I'm not sure, but I think POS pool is for everyone, all Gridcoin users.
Right now with my amount it says 5-20 days in estimated time to get reward
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
I had for several months 100 GRC on my laptop which I kept open almost 24 hours (the Boinc was also running there, but now it's mining almost on 0 level). So it was staking but I go nothing from staking.

Yesterday I bought 583 GRC and my Mac wallet, but it's not staking now (May be some time needs to pass, as only recently the wallet downloaded all transaction history).

On Steemit somebody suggested to me, that in order to get something from staking the necessary balance starts from 2000 GRC.

Trumpman, I upvoted all those Steemit posts
You get it right, net world weight is too much so if you don't have the bare minimum, it will take a long time to get stake reward.

Do we have a joint POS pool?
Activity: 374
hello everyone,

in the boincstats.com  user status> the total credit number equal to gridcoin or how it calculate ? if so how do i claim it

were there anyone able to transfer from credit to gridcoin, if so how many credit for 1 gridcoin.

i saw in boincstas.com some was got 500 credit and some got 2500 credit per week.

legendary
I've been using older / outdated machines to do research

The majority of my BOINC effort is on GPUs that are 3+ generations old.
 I DID have my Vega pointed at Moo for a bit, but it's earning Monero right now 'cause the profitability was TOO high to pass up.

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I've been using older / outdated machines to do research, occasionally throwing some real power to it for years.  It is a hell of a way, imo to get more roi out of equipment that you have already instead of trying to throw it onto eBay or whatever.  There are so many rigs out there that could benefit humanity and push research along.

Yup, I like money too, and right now things are definitely looking up as for the past longest time I've viewed GRC as the Copper Bullion of cryptos.  Everyone needs it (the research) it's relatively in large supply and cheap to manufacture / mine, and occasionally you can get some decent returns without much risk.

I live for the day I could view GRC as more of an ETH type crypto in value and popularity.  It could, the project is such a golden goose, really do so much better financially and I do hope this upward trend continues.

+1
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
I've been using older / outdated machines to do research, occasionally throwing some real power to it for years.  It is a hell of a way, imo to get more roi out of equipment that you have already instead of trying to throw it onto eBay or whatever.  There are so many rigs out there that could benefit humanity and push research along.

Yup, I like money too, and right now things are definitely looking up as for the past longest time I've viewed GRC as the Copper Bullion of cryptos.  Everyone needs it (the research) it's relatively in large supply and cheap to manufacture / mine, and occasionally you can get some decent returns without much risk.

I live for the day I could view GRC as more of an ETH type crypto in value and popularity.  It could, the project is such a golden goose, really do so much better financially and I do hope this upward trend continues.
Activity: 672
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
Not a bad start. It is possible that the goals set at the beginning of development will be achieved. The coin is already traded on leading exchanges.
legendary
Funny part - on MooWrapper, I'm pumping out about 30% more than the #2 position - which is the first Gridcoinpool entry (they have 3 at this point).
If I were my own team, I'd be in the #2 position as a team - and that "Team Gridcoin" lead would drop by almost half.

The recent increase in GRC $ pricing seems to be part of the "wide increase in almost all altcoin" pricing the past month.
 Pretty much ALL of the "major" altcoins at least tripled for a bit, then fell back some this past week to about 2.5ish times their price a month ago - and Bitcoin followed a similar pattern but didn't quite triple at it's peak.

yeah that someone was right. Don't expect any meaningful staking with that amount Sad

Yes, I don't expect, I'll just keep wallet open when I'm online, because it helps the network (that's why I kept another wallet with 100 GRC on old laptop almost 24/7)
But from time to time I'll increase my amount of GRC

Someone can find a reason for the price to increase ? Unless a rich research center decide to pay people for their real contribution I don't see any way to pump the coin...

I think research centers and researches might adopt Gridcoin as payment method, I think if some do - this might help a lot.
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
Someone can find a reason for the price to increase ? Unless a rich research center decide to pay people for their real contribution I don't see any way to pump the coin...
I had for several months 100 GRC on my laptop which I kept open almost 24 hours (the Boinc was also running there, but now it's mining almost on 0 level). So it was staking but I go nothing from staking.

Yesterday I bought 583 GRC and my Mac wallet, but it's not staking now (May be some time needs to pass, as only recently the wallet downloaded all transaction history).

On Steemit somebody suggested to me, that in order to get something from staking the necessary balance starts from 2000 GRC.

yeah that someone was right. Don't expect any meaningful staking with that amount Sad
So around 10-20 minutes after the transaction history was downloaded and the wallet is staking

Posted it on Steemit: https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@flodner/gridcoin-staking-that-s-now-it-looks-like

Pages:
Jump to: