Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 15. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
... Hopefully people read what they’re investing in, instead of just trying to make a quick buck. ...

Everybody wants money, but that's a good point. Maybe the whales in this coin are calculating how to manage the price for boinc users eventually rather than speculators now.

The cheddur app is mentioned earlier in the thread, but the dev posted the wrong app link. Actually GRC has some positive feedback on that app and it looks good.

Also, I remember some discussion saying that it was pointless to stake grc unless you had a lot. I had it tested with far less than what was suggested as the minimum, and it staked before long. It might not work, or might take a long time if a person tries to stake a very tiny amount, but since that is an important part of the coin, it would be good for people to know exactly what the real minimum is. I may test that eventually but if somebody knows for sure or if they have tried to stake an amount like under 100 grc that would be useful information. Better to have a mountain of people staking 100 than 100 people each staking a mountain.
Activity: 914
Merit: 299
Some cool recent gridcoin-related posts from steemit:

- The Gridcoin Network Has Made It To Medium! First Post: An Introduction To Gridcoin: https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@jringo/the-gridcoin-network-has-made-it-to-medium-first-post-an-introduction-to-gridcoin

- [SPACE] Gravitational Waves; Ripples in Space predicted by Einstein in early 20th centery: https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@sc-steemit/space-gravitational-waves-ripples-in-space-predicted-by-einstein-in-early-20th-centery

- YAFU - Two Aliquot Sequences Terminated to Start 2018: https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@donkeykong9000/amicable-numbers-two-aliquot-sequences-terminated-to-start-2018

- BOINCOS Minimal v1.1 Alpha Release: https://steemit.com/boinc/@delta1512/boincos-minimal-v1-1-alpha-release
Activity: 1974
Merit: 350
Happy New Year Gridcoin Fans!
For a while I wasn't active in Gridcoin topics, my GRC mining on laptop fell almost to a 0, and I've been focused on some other topics.
But today I thought which crypto I would use in everyday life and opened my Gridcoin wallet and then bought some GRC on Bittrex.
Made a post with screenshots on Steemit https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@flodner/back-to-gridcoin-in-2018

Didn't met this thread on Bitcointalk forum before, will be visiting it now!
Activity: 524
Merit: 502
Looks like grc is gaining some traction! Hopefully people read what they’re investing in, instead of just trying to make a quick buck. Expect to see it at $1+ within a month.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
My first buy was 3000satoshi.
Can gcr research evr get to this.....
I keep watching

Thanks vortac for doing this! Bumped for emphasis

Also check this great post by Dutch with all the latest news https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@dutch/happy-new-year-from-new-zealand-team-gridcoin-i-expect-great-things-for-2018

And don't forget to register on steemit too if you already havent. You can blog about gridcoin or whatever else you want and make free money in the form of crypto (steem).
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I had never seen that before and it is long overdue that higher quality coins do something like that.

You have spent quite a bit on that  Cheesy

From a project I did some years ago I can tell you a shortcut to economizing if you don't know/

1) Create at least a dozen different landing pages.

2) Buy per mil ads, not per click, and test them for a) how many clicks per mil and b) quality of clicks in other words does the person go to a second and third page.

You will need server logs if it isn't your site but you can vastly increase the effectiveness of the ad campaign that way.

Activity: 36
Activity: 637
Merit: 511
I ❤ the bitcoin community
I have used the gridcoin wallet for over 3 years I'm starting to get involved again.

I will do some work at spreading the word once my wallet is synced. Wink

This coin is one of my favorite because the "mining" is solving real world problems and not just guessing at the next blocks key.

I can see this coin really taking off soon once the vast amount of crypto newbies find out what Gridcoin does for the world.

Join The Gridcoin Discord Chat Community

Edit: oh, on a side note...This was my 600th bitcointalk post!  Grin
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
What the F^^^K is happening with this coin? I thought the development is moving on but the price and the downfall looks like coin is falling off, either someone ios dumping huge or development is not that reliable for people to believe in this coin?

GRC is hovering around its all time high, up 5% just today.  I'd call this coin one of the most reliable in the last few weeks.  Just look at the big 4.
Activity: 11
What the F^^^K is happening with this coin? I thought the development is moving on but the price and the downfall looks like coin is falling off, either someone ios dumping huge or development is not that reliable for people to believe in this coin?
GRC price is exploding the past few days, both in $ and satoshi. Keep hodling brothers! And if you don't have any, make sure to buy some. Anything below 1000 satoshi is a steal!
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Been dealing with GRC for a very long time, always nice to see it take a little rise, especially when everything else is deciding to go red temporarily.

I'm always kind of at a loss as to why it gets downplayed so much by the crypto-know-it-alls, but ultimately that is their loss.  Do yourself a favor this holiday season, pick up a little GRC, build some good karma, help the researchers keep the lights on.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Contrary to the opinions on here I am NOT satisfied with the growth of GRC. A flat price in satoshis, considering how other coins are performing, is mediocre, lackluster, and disappointing. GRC needs a hypeman of some kind. Some kind of public exposure. I am constantly tweeting about it to celebrities and politcians hoping they will retweet. Specifically Ted Cruz since he seems to be active on twitter a lot.

Anyway, it's very frustrating to get on bittrex today and see page after page of coins 20%+ in the green and GridCoin flat. It makes me ask myself.....

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

look at the price man!

i hope you start to think that it's better don't lose the faith in this great coin. One of the oldest and of the ones with a great idea back!
Activity: 143
Anyway, it's very frustrating to get on bittrex today and see page after page of coins 20%+ in the green and GridCoin flat.

GRC at 11 cents now... increased 25% since yesterday. Smiley

Any reason behind that ??
I'm looking for a mid term price prediction.... 1$ during 1018 is feasible?
Activity: 73
Anyway, it's very frustrating to get on bittrex today and see page after page of coins 20%+ in the green and GridCoin flat.

GRC at 11 cents now... increased 25% since yesterday. Smiley
Activity: 73
hello good afternoon to all ... I'm having a problem opening
my local Gridcoin wallet ... could you guys help? the following
message appears:

Assertion failed!

program:...
file: src/kernel.cpp
Line:792

Expression: pindex->pprev pindex->GetBlockHash0==(!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)

For information on how your program can cause as assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

I had the same problem, two days ago. I think this happens when your first block in the chain is bad. Delete the content of the txleveldb folder in %appdata%\Roaming\GridcoinResearch. Once your wallet is up, it will connect and sync again.
Activity: 524
Merit: 502
It’s as flat as tether atm.
Activity: 182
And how do you criet the crypt directly, if in this project the calculation goes for participation in any scientific project?
Activity: 9
Contrary to the opinions on here I am NOT satisfied with the growth of GRC. A flat price in satoshis, considering how other coins are performing, is mediocre, lackluster, and disappointing. GRC needs a hypeman of some kind. Some kind of public exposure. I am constantly tweeting about it to celebrities and politcians hoping they will retweet. Specifically Ted Cruz since he seems to be active on twitter a lot.

Anyway, it's very frustrating to get on bittrex today and see page after page of coins 20%+ in the green and GridCoin flat. It makes me ask myself.....

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Pages:
Jump to: