Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 18. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
do there exst a puchaseand sll sheet for this coin?sr ei

If you go to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gridcoin/

and click on the "Markets" tab

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gridcoin/#markets

you can see where it is bought and sold

1    Bittrex
2    Poloniex
3    C-CEX
4    OpenLedge

==============================================================

What was meant by the mainstream post was that Bitcoin uses a vast amount of energy and aside from warming homes inefficiently it is wasted.

Gridcoin has actually accomplished quite a bit, in terms of productive computing, even though it uses less electricity so far than btc.

What would happen if the computing power of btc were used by Gridcoin? Would that amount of computing power produce any useful scientific data?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

When the mainstream press compares Bitcoin and Gridcoin, which are they likely to portray more favorably?

Depends what the article is about. If it's about how much electricity is wasted every day
on Bitcoin mining, GRC definitely will be portrayed favorably, as something actually is
accomplished with all that energy expenditure.

Anyway, who cares what the mainstream press thinks? They're bad at thinking.

I have yet to find evidence that the mainstream press thinks AT ALL.

Very rare exceptions once in a while on an individual article.

Activity: 332
I like the clowns and the little dogs

When the mainstream press compares Bitcoin and Gridcoin, which are they likely to portray more favorably?

Depends what the article is about. If it's about how much electricity is wasted every day
on Bitcoin mining, GRC definitely will be portrayed favorably, as something actually is
accomplished with all that energy expenditure.

Anyway, who cares what the mainstream press thinks? They're bad at thinking.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Any updates for the wallet soon? It crashes every few hours. Windows 10.
Activity: 35
Merit: 1

Shocked
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
I'm really hoping that the roadmaps/proposals start to generate some interest because this coin needs to get back up to 10 cents or I'm ruined. I've lost so much on this scam coin, I am REALLY hoping that it doesn't stay down in the dumps at 3-4 cents, but I fear it will remain there for MONTHS.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MONEY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

how much is your purchase price?

Anyways, you can see that a lot of altcoin in these few months have lost a lot of their value because the btc pump, so i suggest you to be patience
legendary
That is not a GRC issue, that is an issue with how BOINC calculates credits - and it's balanced by the appx a month (BOTH ends, not 2-3 weeks) that you CONTINUE to earn after you shut everything down.

GRC has never been a "high profitablility" coin, it's about compensating folks for BOINC work THEY WOULD BE DOING ANYWAY.

Activity: 73
Right now grc have no future. Other coins are more profitable and have no reward lag (so you have no need to wait 2-3 weeks). Here is a good idea with boinc, but no ecosystem, no roadmap, stupid wallet. That's all made grc not interesting for investors and we have $0.04/grc.

Where are you seeing this 2-3 week lag?  I'm getting daily payments from the GRCPool.
boinc have (new - old)*2^(-days/7) + new calc, so you cannt start and have max availabe reward at first day.
legendary
Solo mining often sees long accumulation between payouts, unless you keep a LOT of coin on hand to stake with.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Right now grc have no future. Other coins are more profitable and have no reward lag (so you have no need to wait 2-3 weeks). Here is a good idea with boinc, but no ecosystem, no roadmap, stupid wallet. That's all made grc not interesting for investors and we have $0.04/grc.

Where are you seeing this 2-3 week lag?  I'm getting daily payments from the GRCPool.
Activity: 42
We added Realisto to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com/)! This will allow new users to learn about Realisto and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link wallets, exchanges, and other services that support REA so that new users can easily get started. You can also review the project and post your REA addresses on your profile to receive tips / payments / donations in REA from other users Smiley

Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help me add supported services? The more active the Realisto profile is (via user reviews and addresses), the higher it ranks in search results and the more likely newcomers are to discover the Realisto project!

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/B7Zr7

https://i.imgur.com/2f0RiIL.png
legendary
I'm really hoping that the roadmaps/proposals start to generate some interest because this coin needs to get back up to 10 cents or I'm ruined.

And that is the fault of the coin HOW?

ANY investment has a risk, usually comparable to it's potential for return.

Sure, it would be NICE to see Gridcoin get up above 10 cents/coin - but I'm not holding my breath on that.
Activity: 524
Merit: 502
I'm really hoping that the roadmaps/proposals start to generate some interest because this coin needs to get back up to 10 cents or I'm ruined. I've lost so much on this scam coin, I am REALLY hoping that it doesn't stay down in the dumps at 3-4 cents, but I fear it will remain there for MONTHS.

If it was a scam coin it would have dropped to 1 sat by now! GRC has certainly passed the test of time and is established but now it needs to be promoted.
Activity: 332
I like the clowns and the little dogs

This coin isn't a scam. You could help the community build value, or you can sit here screaming.

Which makes more sense to you?
Activity: 9

Activity: 524
Merit: 502
The devs really need to start another updated ANN thread, and they need to be voicing their opinions/plans here so we can get some tracktion going.
legendary
Can there be an off change in gridcoin that shuts down every thing reliably?After attempted boinc some time ago I disliked the way it kept hogging ressources without anyone's knowledge in spite of declaring no activity, despite a programm shut down there were processes left operating within the backgrounnd. (It had been established to shut down totally). I

Sounds like you were just hitting the "X" button on BOINC instead of using he actual "exit" function that gives you the choice of shutting down ALL processes not just the manager window.

That's NOT a "Gridcoin" issue.
Activity: 2
If you still have issues please paste the creation of Percentappdata/walking aroundOrGridcoinOrdebug.log
Hi. Is here limitations at grcpool? I can add only 3 PC's, next PC remove prev. Is it a bug or feature?

=========================================

Damn. It was MAC address dupe, so two PC's have same CPID. In network connections go to advanced > (last point) > change network adapters order. Viola!
Pages:
Jump to: