Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 249. (Read 597344 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
When it gets to 8 days, how long does it stay there?

I've tried to DL the qt 3 times and then tried the .msi file and still won't sync up. Keeps getting stuck at 8-9 days behind even after I restart it. Someone please help, I can't figure out how to fix it.

Try using the "Rebuild Block Chain" option, it seems to fix just about everything for me.

I can't find that option. My mining console won't start up and neither will the project console

It's in the wallet to the right of "Projects"
There's nothing to the right of projects in my wallet, and i tried the conf idea above and nothing is working because these things you guys say are supposed to be there aren't.
You may have to download the latest 6.1 version; from gridcoin.us, download the MSI Prod version.
You should see a button "Rebuild Block Chain" on the main screen.

Rob H.
Ok, I have a new error today, my "Boinc Processing Power" never displays higher than 50% usage even though BOINC is using 100% of my cpu.
Bob, do you have more than 1000 avg daily credits showing?
Does your Boinc thread count match the screen thread count?
Also, try a :
lodctr /r
and restart and see if that changes anything.

Thanks,
Rob H.
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
Woah, I was expecting the difficulty to be 2-3 but it's still under 1. I like that, I can mine more GRC for me :3
Oh and nice job on the website upgrade! Looks awesome!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
When it gets to 8 days, how long does it stay there?

I've tried to DL the qt 3 times and then tried the .msi file and still won't sync up. Keeps getting stuck at 8-9 days behind even after I restart it. Someone please help, I can't figure out how to fix it.

Try using the "Rebuild Block Chain" option, it seems to fix just about everything for me.

I can't find that option. My mining console won't start up and neither will the project console

There's nothing to the right of projects in my wallet, and i tried the conf idea above and nothing is working because these things you guys say are supposed to be there aren't.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com
Ok, I have a new error today, my "Boinc Processing Power" never displays higher than 50% usage even though BOINC is using 100% of my cpu.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Glad to have you on our team!

Joined "Gridcoin" team on
Rosetta@home and malariacontrol.net as well.
After not being able to sync for the past while, I just downloaded the latest version. The sync worked now - but surprisingly fast. So I am a bit cautious here.

Could someone send me some GRC so I can test if my wallet actually works?

GCehNw1ywW9Qr7J9f9Mxc8xQh3MswwX98c

Thanks!
Matt

donated some to your address,
welcome Smiley

Thank you very much! They just arrived - so I assume everything works fine now.

Strange enough, though, my wallet now claims to be out of sync. It says that it has processed 38186 blocks - and that number just doesn't change. Your very much appreciated donation, however, popped up.

The last 100 blocks rely on extra security checks; for new users, close gridcoin, click on the MSI and click Repair gridcoin.  Run it again.  Verify your "Help | About" menu has a registered version > 40.  It should sync.

Best Regards,
Grid
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
After not being able to sync for the past while, I just downloaded the latest version. The sync worked now - but surprisingly fast. So I am a bit cautious here.

Thanks!
Matt

welcome Smiley

Thank you very much! They just arrived - so I assume everything works fine now.

Strange enough, though, my wallet now claims to be out of sync. It says that it has processed 38186 blocks - and that number just doesn't change. Your very much appreciated donation, however, popped up.
Activity: 52

Thanks!
Matt

welcome Smiley
Activity: 56

Thanks!
Matt

P.S. Here the gridcoin.conf that worked for me (i copied it to my AppData-folder):

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=9778
server=1
gen=0
addnode=98.114.181.178
addnode=76.187.184.27:9778
addnode=66.187.94.194:9778
addnode=76.74.177.224:9778
addnode=84.125.196.167:9778
addnode=71.233.139.62:9778
addnode=72.92.48.105:97788
Chainjoes.com

Chainjoes.com

Activity: 32
Joined "Gridcoin" team on
Rosetta@home and malariacontrol.net as well.
Activity: 32
Just joined the team on World Community Grid.
New Version Available (1.1.4.7/6.2/48): Upgrade from the RPC: Yes.

In this version we improve the resilience of the peer network in hopes to solve part II of the syncing issue so that
no reboot is required.

Best Regards,
Rob Halford

Syncing Update:
6.0 seems to be going relatively good, breaking the problem up into 2 pieces:
1) Not able to sync even after restarting Gridcoin <----------- I believe 6.0 fixed this one
2) Client stops talking to peers, 4500 internal gridcoin peers (debug log says Connection Failure)  - Looks to user like a sync issue, but a restart fixes this.

If we can confirm #2 is the only issue left regarding syncing, Ill focus on #2 next.

Rob H.

My sync issues seem to be gone but I am having problems where my client stops communicating with my miner which I assume is due to problem #2.

It seems to be happening (at least for me) whenever I have found a block as my cgminer displays a found block and then immediately displays that "pool 0 is down" and caches the submission until it is stale, then it usually shows a few more new blocks and then "pool 0 is down" shows permanently until restart.
Thanks-- I didn't think we would find the comm issue in the same place; but I'll be looking at that next... Maybe #1 & #2 are related to the same stale block bug; possibly marking the loopback node as DoS attacked etc... Ill check.

Do i have to backup my wallet before rebuild the block chain?
No, it only deletes the blocks and the chainstate; but it is a good idea to back your wallet up regularly.

Rob H.
Jump to: