Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 245. (Read 597344 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Gridcoin is even not listed in the topic of "List of all cryptocoins" in this forum. I suggest that we reply GRC in that topic.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-all-cryptocoins-134179
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Not worked on windows 2012 server x64. Bad. Mining console doesn't appear
Konfet-

Try downloading, unblocking the download as safe, install as admin, close gridcoin, reinstall the MSI, click Repair Gridcoin, then finish and re-launch as admin.
I think it might work on 2012 x64.  

If it does not work, give us the reason and the logs, thanks
Rob H

On windows 7 x64 even with boinc_7.2.34_windows_x86_64.exe started normally and show BOINC utilization.
So on windows server 2012 it's started, but the popup windows on "mining console", "email center" "project console", "sql query analyzer" not shown. Of course i installed, reinstalled both GRID and BOINC many times, started it with admin rights (local admin, domain admin). It's not showing windows. Used both RDP and local access.
Also i didn't find point 9 ( http://www.gridcoin.us/download/GridCoinMiningInstructions.pdf ) in program started on windows 7 x64.
And now, please say what files, logs should i give to you ?

ps: other coin wallets started and worked normally.
pps: if you cannot connect with your project manager or if you have such error: "Scheduler request failed: Error 417"; try add file cc_config.xml, containing
Code:

in your BOINC DATA directory.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Is this coin on any exchanges?
Ecrypto.net ; but there is still a big cow on their front page;

I don't think that was ever a legitimate operation...
Activity: 130
Useless troll with sig for a different coin comes here to whine.

Gridcoin? More like Greedcoin
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Ecrypto.net ; but there is still a big cow on their front page;  If you like the coin please sign the "please accept us on cryptsy" on page 1! Thanks!

Rob H.
Konfet-

Try downloading, unblocking the download as safe, install as admin, close gridcoin, reinstall the MSI, click Repair Gridcoin, then finish and re-launch as admin.
I think it might work on 2012 x64. 

If it does not work, give us the reason and the logs, thanks
Rob H
Is there a way to git clone this without having to download the 150MB of useless binaries?
Yeah, we need to mark those binaries as gitignore; I have about 9 items on my list for the holiday; Ill try to remove those later tonight -
Bob - I will upload the latest after I fix the gitignore flags-

Rob H
Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com

...? Greedcoin...?

This is a coin that rewards you for contributing computing power to scientific and technological advances...

Far less greedy than buying and selling bitcoins/alt-coins purely for profit... Other than being a decentralized currency (which Gridcoin ALSO is) what are Bitcoin and 99% of the other coins really contributing to the world...?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 100
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Chainjoes.com
As long as he is donating some power to Boinc, I suppose all is good.

It seems the network speed an difficulty seem to be rising lately.

Yup, seems to fluctuate between ~100k and ~200k (cgminer difficulty), there's someone out there with a lot of hashing power who is making a lot of coin by running the difficulty up and down, hopping on and off the chain and jumping back in when the difficulty is low and riding the diff back up before he hops off again...

Yeah, I'm not complaining, just merely stating an observation...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
As long as he is donating some power to Boinc, I suppose all is good.

Yup, seems to fluctuate between ~100k and ~200k (cgminer difficulty), there's someone out there with a lot of hashing power who is making a lot of coin by running the difficulty up and down, hopping on and off the chain and jumping back in when the difficulty is low and riding the diff back up before he hops off again...
Chainjoes.com

Activity: 132
So far so good! My compliments to the dev team, for the number of functions and integration's with the client. It has been the simplest, most appealing and professional experience for a not so techie. Excellent work!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Activity: 121
Okay, I'm in.  Hope to be throwing some Mhash at this in the next couple of days.  Thanks for doing this project.  I like it a lot.
Chainjoes.com
Just had this error this morning:
Code:
Problem signature:
    Problem Signature 04: SQLite.NET
  Problem Signature 05: 0.21.1869.3794
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Additional Information 4: b9f2bc089d5b611f83c3acf3a1385464

Bob, has the sql query analyzer worked for you at all or does this happen everytime?
Try ensuring the program files \ gridcoin directory is r/w (possibly take ownership of it)?
We may have to move the database to datadir; I will add that to my list.

Try deleting the file "gridcoin" with no extension and "gridcoin_ro" with no extension (in the appdir), and test to see if SQL works at all.

Thanks,
Rob H.

Ok, %\Program Files (x86)\Gridcoin was indeed read-only, I have corrected it and will see if this fixes the issue. It seems that it was happening once every 24 hours in the early a.m. hours.

Also, I have been testing with the packaged cgminer and it runs but I am still having issues with it bogging down my system launching it from within Gridcoin using my standard settings...

The odd part is that if I run it from command line in the same directory it works just fine, so it has to be the interface between Gridcoin and cgminer's API or a potential port conflict with the cgminer API port...

I will test with different API ports today when I get the chance but I recommend we change it anyway as port 4000 is a remote-anything port...

***EDIT***
Please push the latest version of the source to github...
Activity: 70
Just had this error this morning:
Code:
Problem signature:
    Problem Signature 04: SQLite.NET
  Problem Signature 05: 0.21.1869.3794
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Additional Information 4: b9f2bc089d5b611f83c3acf3a1385464

Bob, has the sql query analyzer worked for you at all or does this happen everytime?
Try ensuring the program files \ gridcoin directory is r/w (possibly take ownership of it)?
We may have to move the database to datadir; I will add that to my list.

Try deleting the file "gridcoin" with no extension and "gridcoin_ro" with no extension (in the appdir), and test to see if SQL works at all.

Thanks,
Rob H.
Jump to: