Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 250. (Read 597344 times)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com
Syncing Update:
6.0 seems to be going relatively good, breaking the problem up into 2 pieces:
1) Not able to sync even after restarting Gridcoin <----------- I believe 6.0 fixed this one
2) Client stops talking to peers, 4500 internal gridcoin peers (debug log says Connection Failure)  - Looks to user like a sync issue, but a restart fixes this.

If we can confirm #2 is the only issue left regarding syncing, Ill focus on #2 next.

Rob H.

where can i find release 6.0?

http://gridcoin.us/download/gridcoin.msi

thx!

with 500kh/s i still can mine in solo?

You should do fairly well on solo with 500 KH/s
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Syncing Update:
1) Not able to sync even after restarting Gridcoin <----------- I believe 6.0 fixed this one
2) Client stops talking to peers, 4500 internal gridcoin peers (debug log says Connection Failure)  - Looks to user like a sync issue, but a restart fixes this.

If we can confirm #2 is the only issue left regarding syncing, Ill focus on #2 next.

Rob H.

thx!

with 500kh/s i still can mine in solo?
Chainjoes.com
Syncing Update:

Rob H.

Chainjoes.com
Syncing Update:

Rob H.

My sync issues seem to be gone but I am having problems where my client stops communicating with my miner which I assume is due to problem #2.

It seems to be happening (at least for me) whenever I have found a block as my cgminer displays a found block and then immediately displays that "pool 0 is down" and caches the submission until it is stale, then it usually shows a few more new blocks and then "pool 0 is down" shows permanently until restart.
Syncing Update:

Rob H.

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Do i have to backup my wallet before rebuild the block chain?
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Syncing Update:

Rob H.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Please push the latest version of the source and if possible please try to keep the source current at all times because your downloads are being flagged as malicious by Google Chrome.

***Edit***
They are most likely being flagged as malicious because you are packaging cgminer with the client, cgminer is technically a brute-force password cracker.
Good point Bob---- thanks for noticing this;
I'll see if I can buy a Thawte code signing license for Gridcoin... theyre pretty expensive but may be worth it....

Rob H.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
yawn,i believe that boycoin will be appear soon,and mencoin,wommencoin,Um,childcoin^^
Just read a little about this currency. It have really fresh and USEFUL feature - pairing with scientific software. Join our little community. Cheers!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
yawn,i believe that boycoin will be appear soon,and mencoin,wommencoin,Um,childcoin^^
Got "Out of sync" problem at 37796 block :\ I have 6 peers currently.

UPD. Rebuilded blockchain, everything is good.
i'm using this gridcoin.conf

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
server=1

and this string on cgmier 3.7.2

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:9332 -u user -p pass

but i have this error-->pool 0 slow/down or URL or credential invalid

any help?

edit: i check, there is no type error
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
I am using a backup from 2 months ago. Shouldn't matter right?

I tried re synching from the start with latest version and I am getting still wrong transaction amounts and no mined blocks showing after the 5th of December. This never happened with the previous versions.

I ma
All my wallet  at, so it seems to be the same situation that someone else was having earlier.
Try rebuild the block chain one final time from 0, and anything your private keys are for should come up correctly.

Grid

Do you have a back up of your wallet from a week ago?

All transactions stored in the chain should bring back your balances if you can replace your wallet.

Rob H.

[/quote]
Chainjoes.com
Please push the latest version of the source and if possible please try to keep the source current at all times because your downloads are being flagged as malicious by Google Chrome.

***Edit***
They are most likely being flagged as malicious because you are packaging cgminer with the client, cgminer is technically a brute-force password cracker.
Chainjoes.com
For those having trouble with cgminer crashing constantly, please try adding this to your gridcoin.conf:

Code:
closemineronexit=false
restartwallet=0
I have some problem to upgrade to version 1.1.4.5

last version i can download from the site is 1.1.4.4, but i have some syncing problem. If i write update in console, i have an error message: "upgrade failed". Any help?
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
All synched up and appearing to work great again Smiley
Great work!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I want to buy 30k GRC,
If interesting,please contact me with your bid.
PM me. Grin
Activity: 476
Withdrawed my GDC back, nice trading  Grin
Jump to: