Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 265. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Ok this is really strange ... I hit my second block and it was showing "Immature" (just like the first block) ... I thought after sometime it will be added to my balance (i.e when the block "matures") .. but later to my amazement the bloack reward just disappeared !!

Has anyone had this problem of block reward just disappearing once it has been shown ?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
you are prob only minimizing it to the tray and not shutting it down.

Is there an off switch in gridcoin that shuts down everything reliably?
When I tried boinc some time ago I disliked how it kept hogging ressources in the background despite claiming no activity, even after a programm shutdown there were processes left running in the backgrounnd. (It was set to shut down completely).

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Is there an off switch in gridcoin that shuts down everything reliably?
When I tried boinc some time ago I disliked how it kept hogging ressources in the background despite claiming no activity, even after a programm shutdown there were processes left running in the backgrounnd. (It was set to shut down completely).

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Now it shows a synced. Hopefully will stay that way... about to start mining. Also, I have these addnodes:

addnode=76.187.184.27:9778
addnode=66.187.94.194:9778
addnode=76.74.177.224:9778
addnode=84.125.196.167:9778
addnode=71.233.139.62:9778
addnode=72.92.48.105:9778

Not sure if that made a difference too or not.

Hey, guys? May be there are some other nodes to add, because this ones don't work for me. No connection Sad
Or may be I should setup incoming port in my router. Which one then?
Thanks!
legendary
Welcome to the team Slahska.

First of all I'd like to say big thanks to developers that they have bring to us such a cryprocurrency! THANKS! I think that it would have a big and bright future! This is the first coin in which I fell in love Smiley

I'd like to support or something. I can help with translation eng<->rus, can help in programming. I'd like to mine it, but all I have is a core2duo  Angry So, somehow, I'd like to help in Grid Coin evolution. I've launched the wallet under WINE in Ubuntu and support many of community members which are saying that it is too dark. I could help you to program some "theme switcher" or android app. Programming experience ~10 years.

GAJVTf4JLxPwX8e3rq51jaJo2KMH6GrGDZ
Activity: 248
First of all I'd like to say big thanks to developers that they have bring to us such a cryprocurrency! THANKS! I think that it would have a big and bright future! This is the first coin in which I fell in love Smiley

I'd like to support or something. I can help with translation eng<->rus, can help in programming. I'd like to mine it, but all I have is a core2duo  Angry So, somehow, I'd like to help in Grid Coin evolution. I've launched the wallet under WINE in Ubuntu and support many of community members which are saying that it is too dark. I could help you to program some "theme switcher" or android app. Programming experience ~10 years.

GAJVTf4JLxPwX8e3rq51jaJo2KMH6GrGDZ
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
When I try to compile the qt-wallet under ubuntu, qmake reports:
Code:
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: qaxcontainer

make terminates with following error:
Code:
src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp:9:21: fatal error: QAxObject: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Please help me to solve this problem.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Got everything up and running now  Grin

Not sure if that's about average or if I just got lucky, but 2 blocks @ 150/ea after 2 minutes mining w/only ~1300 k/hs.

In any case, cool stuff... I just got back into mining this month and before I took a break from it, I was waiting for something like this to come out. Glad there's something that should be profitable but also worth mining now.
Now it shows a synced. Hopefully will stay that way... about to start mining. Also, I have these addnodes:

addnode=76.187.184.27:9778
addnode=66.187.94.194:9778
addnode=76.74.177.224:9778
addnode=84.125.196.167:9778
addnode=71.233.139.62:9778
addnode=72.92.48.105:9778

Not sure if that made a difference too or not.
I have been having problems all day.

Anyone else having trouble syncing up? I've tried re-downloading the block chain two times, but getting stuck at block #29645

Edit: Just realized it's probably because I'm on 1.0.3.6. and the website says i need 1.1.3.9... but the website MSI points to 1.0.2.5 and the .zip shows 1.0.3.6... where can I download 1.1.3.9?

well I just figured out the new version is what the beta link points to (1.1.4.0). Trying to download the block chain again right now. I'll report back with what happens.
legendary
I have been having problems all day.

Anyone else having trouble syncing up? I've tried re-downloading the block chain two times, but getting stuck at block #29645

Edit: Just realized it's probably because I'm on 1.0.3.6. and the website says i need 1.1.3.9... but the website MSI points to 1.0.2.5 and the .zip shows 1.0.3.6... where can I download 1.1.3.9?

I'm trying to get this going, but none of the boinc links are working... seems like Berkeley's sub site for boinc is down right now. Does anyone have a mirror they could post?

Yea seems like they are down.

I uploaded the copy I used to Google Docs so you can use this for now if you like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCulFRYg57akN6dVVYNl9WMlU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!
Activity: 308
I'm trying to get this going, but none of the boinc links are working... seems like Berkeley's sub site for boinc is down right now. Does anyone have a mirror they could post?

Yea seems like they are down.

I uploaded the copy I used to Google Docs so you can use this for now if you like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCulFRYg57akN6dVVYNl9WMlU/edit?usp=sharing
legendary
If you are running Boinc please join team Gridcoin http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=BBNGDQS832 @ the World Community Grid. You can just add it as one of your projects in Boinc.

Currently our team has only 8 guys. I am sure if the whole Gridcoin community joins in we can kick some serious butt.

The more people we get to join the higher we go in the rankings and the more publicity Gridcoin will get.

So, JOIN IN.
legendary
I have had several 7950 and i can tell you without overclocking the card to the max you will not get 700 and the card will be running very high temps, which is not good.

550 is ok, you will find maybe 1-5 blocks per day. the difficulty is already higher then before. so just leave it.

Thanks again traderman. Is it not too less for a 7950 ? the litecoin hardware comparison page says 702 khps (so thats 20% less almost !!). Also just curious what do you mean by "so just leave it " ? Tongue

I will report tomorrow in about 12 hours if i have recieved a block.
550 is ok, you will find maybe 1-5 blocks per day. the difficulty is already higher then before. so just leave it.

Thanks again traderman. Is it not too less for a 7950 ? the litecoin hardware comparison page says 702 khps (so thats 20% less almost !!). Also just curious what do you mean by "so just leave it " ? Tongue

I will report tomorrow in about 12 hours if i have recieved a block.
legendary

get the guiminer scrypt, you can choose the setting for the 7950 right from the window.

Hi traderman,
I have got guiminer scrypt .. is this not it  ? http://imgur.com/nLZzSRA
However when I opened the gridcoin-qt the second time it somehow got detached from the mining window see this http://imgur.com/DEKCE3d

As you can see its showing a lower hashrate for the 7950.
Also Am I supposed to select "tahitit" from the device option ? Could you post a screenshot of how it looks on your system ? Mine has been running at 550 khps without finding a block for the past 3-4 hours.

Thanks
get the guiminer scrypt, you can choose the setting for the 7950 right from the window.

Hi traderman,
I have got guiminer scrypt .. is this not it  ? http://imgur.com/nLZzSRA
However when I opened the gridcoin-qt the second time it somehow got detached from the mining window see this http://imgur.com/DEKCE3d

As you can see its showing a lower hashrate for the 7950.
Also Am I supposed to select "tahitit" from the device option ? Could you post a screenshot of how it looks on your system ? Mine has been running at 550 khps without finding a block for the past 3-4 hours.

Thanks
Jump to: