Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 260. (Read 597344 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
what is the transaction ID for that block?
I think you would need to keep mining and for every block found write down the transaction id. Then we can track it and see what happens.

I think you would need to keep mining and for every block found write down the transaction id. Then we can track it and see what happens.

I would be unable to tell you that because the details did not show up in my wallet , however maybe you can work it out backwards from the timestamp (im using IST).

Hope that helps cause I too want to know what caused it .
Activity: 364
Merit: 252

I would be unable to tell you that because the details did not show up in my wallet , however maybe you can work it out backwards from the timestamp (im using IST).

Hope that helps cause I too want to know what caused it .
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
Did anyone make a faucet for Gridcoins? That would be awesome.
legendary

Try mining again and see if it happens again? If it happens a second time, then it may need more investigation.

As I mentioned there - it (not recieving credit for mining) already happened twice (and yes both instances were not cases of orphan blocks which I can confirm).
Try mining again and see if it happens again? If it happens a second time, then it may need more investigation.

As I mentioned there - it (not recieving credit for mining) already happened twice (and yes both instances were not cases of orphan blocks which I can confirm).
legendary

For the past few days everything has been running pretty good on my end. No synch prob or anything.

Gridcoin/Rob ... please look into the problem posted on the other forum ... looks serious to me.

Hi traderman, zulzedd,

Did you check out the pic I posted on the other forum ? Please check ... it still beats me how that happened.... still waiting for an explanation from somebody on that.

Here is the link https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-34

Cheers.
For the past few days everything has been running pretty good on my end. No synch prob or anything.

Gridcoin/Rob ... please look into the problem posted on the other forum ... looks serious to me.

Hi traderman, zulzedd,

Did you check out the pic I posted on the other forum ? Please check ... it still beats me how that happened.... still waiting for an explanation from somebody on that.

Here is the link https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-34

Cheers.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Can you share link? Thank you.
legendary

Activity: 406
Great news, Gridcoin! It's nice to see that you is so active in development. Will check this beta soon.
New beta version available on the web site (1.1.4.1 5.73-beta) if anyone wants to test it out - this is not the prod version, so please test cautiously and rollback if you have any problems.

Changes:
1) Integrated gridcoin miner.  The miner updates the hashrates for each GPU from left to right on the mining module screen.  Please stop guiminer and save the settings with autostart turned off before you run the gridcoin miner.

2) The restartwallet feature (restartwallet=minsbeforerestart in the config file) is re-enabled with a new purpose.  To solve the syncing issues for the time being with a cannonball approach, this feature will cause the wallet to close all open miners, close gridcoin, delete the blockchain, restart gridcoin, and reload the chain from the network.  I have tested it on my seed node and it seems to be working.  This will give us more time to figure out what is going on. 

3) Reindex blockchain button on the main page.  This does the same thing as #2, but manually.

4) When you exit gridcoin, it will gracefully close the database and stop any cgminers, reapers, gridcoinminers and exit.  You can now leave other windows open and exit with this single method.

5) The hashrates from gridcoins miner are summed and charted in the hash chart.

6) The main chart has been improved to not update in a jerky fashion.

7) The UI has some bugfixes and the updates to the boinc info more standardized.

You will have to delete the AppDir and reinstall this version manually as it contains new files.

To test the integrated miner:

Disable your guiminer auto-start(s) and save the settings so it doesn't try to start (we still support guiminer if it is in the directory for backwards compatibility).

To set up the integrated miner, go into the Mining Module and click Config.

There are only two preloaded configs so far, but it should allow you to type in the values manually for other cards.

You should see the dropdown full of your GPU device IDs.

Select one at a time, populate the values and click save.  (Also, check enabled).

You can verify the settings are saved with Refresh.

The values are stored by card in your config file.

Once you have them all populated, close that window and go to the mining module and click Restart Miner.

After the GRC Kernel compiles each individual GPU opencl file it will try to start mining. (This could take a while so please wait up to a minute).

Each individual card's mh/s will appear from the left to the right next to "GPUs" respecitively.

If one is out, there is a problem that wont allow that card to start.

One added Quirk to keep in mind:

Configuring cards with thread_concurrency values > 8192 may give you a problem temporarily.
You may have to store the config, try it, reboot the machine, and re-test (that usually permanently solves it).  On one of my machines, I only had to log off and log back on for the AMD drivers to pick up the gridcoin large buffers.
So, if you test first with lower thread concurrencies you can test to see if it works at all, then raise the TC > 8192, test, reboot, and test again, and if it works, it should continue to work.  Do not kill the gridcoinminer from the task manager, please use
the Close Miner or Exit wallet (doing that may hang the thread concurrency setting, until the next logoff logon as an FYI).

When full speed is checked, the cards will run at the agression set in the settings; when unchecked they run about 35% slower.

The GPU mining checkbox will toggle mining on-off.

If you do need to go back to guiminer, you can simply "disable" each configured GPU device in the config and the wallet will respect that on the next "Restart Miner".

Good luck,
Rob H.
legendary
Just sent you some GRC! Smiley

Great!

What's your grc address, I will send you some GRC love Smiley

Guys, if you are running Boinc, make sure to join team Gridcoin @ World Community Grid, the more working members we have, the higher we go in the rankings. You can add it alongside the other projects you are running.

Here is Team Gridcoin: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=BBNGDQS832

Just joined.
I just wish the difficulty was lower, I'll never find a block with 200 KH/s :c
FtWgehaapGH5cKSmMPEH91sVzxLUioNZ3s

Thanks!  Smiley
legendary
Great!

What's your grc address, I will send you some GRC love Smiley

Guys, if you are running Boinc, make sure to join team Gridcoin @ World Community Grid, the more working members we have, the higher we go in the rankings. You can add it alongside the other projects you are running.

Here is Team Gridcoin: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=BBNGDQS832

Just joined.
legendary
Current difficulty is @ 1.37 , it dropped off a bit, it was @ 2.5 before. So keep mining.

Just joined.
Activity: 686
Merit: 259

Just joined.
Activity: 248

Have joined too
Activity: 248
Hey guys! Well, I almost synced now Smiley but getting a dotnet error (which is better). Before I used a non install version (debug.log says that can not find peers). You should update package on site.
legendary
That's great Tequilablob!

I think if the whole Gridcoin community puts some power into the World Community Grid we can advance pretty quickly in the rankings.

Just joined your team.

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Just joined your team.

Jump to: