Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 266. (Read 597251 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
get the guiminer scrypt, you can choose the setting for the 7950 right from the window.

Am I doing this correct ? What should I put for the question marks ?

Host : 127.0.0.1
Port : 9332
Username : myusername                              (same as in conf file)
Password : mypassword                               (same as in conf file)
Device :   ?                                                (0-0 Tahitit OR 0-1 CPU ?)
Extra Flags : ?
Thread Concurrency : ?
Worksize : ?
Vectors : ?
Intensity: ?
GPU Threads : ?
GPU Defaults : ?                                  (has an option for 7950 (high/low usage) which provides defaults should i use defaults ? or better settings available ?)
Use stratum : ?                                   (I am assuming its no)
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Hi everyone!

Just an idea:
Would it be possible to add BOINC statistics for users in Gridcoin teams to the block explorer website?
So we would be able to check how much work we all did for BOINC, some averages, maybe a ladder sorted by who did most etc.

It would be nice to see and keep track of our contribution to BOINC.

Andrew.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Am I doing this correct ? What should I put for the question marks ?

Host : 127.0.0.1
Port : 9332
Username : myusername                              (same as in conf file)
Password : mypassword                               (same as in conf file)
Device :   ?                                                (0-0 Tahitit OR 0-1 CPU ?)
Extra Flags : ?
Thread Concurrency : ?
Worksize : ?
Vectors : ?
Intensity: ?
GPU Threads : ?
GPU Defaults : ?                                  (has an option for 7950 (high/low usage) which provides defaults should i use defaults ? or better settings available ?)
Use stratum : ?                                   (I am assuming its no)
Hey,

Finally got hold of a 7950. However this is my first time mining so I am not sure what settings to put into the miner http://imgur.com/nLZzSRA ?
Sorry for the noob question. Can anybody help me please ?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Total coins: Gridcoin is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units.

I disagree on that. Even with 100GRC per block, it should be 168 millioni currency units. Am I right or I misunderstood.

It is in fact ~168 million estimated as stated in the first post.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
A tough dogie
I'm buying Gridcoin if any of you want to sell for BTC!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtb-gridcoin-10k-366127

^^^^Buy Thread ^^^^^
New version available at www.gridcoin.us (1.1.4.0, MSI 5.6):

Please upgrade using the prod-msi, as this version has a new file in it (GPUEnumerator) that will be used in the future to show GPU device names and channels in the mining window.

The theory is that when we exit the wallet ungracefully, the BerkeleyDB database files are left in an unstable state and haven't been
flushed properly.  

In this version, we remove the restartwallet feature, the Close Wallet button and we force the code to exit gracefully when the wallet
exits, and during an upgrade.

After deleting your program files (x86)\gridcoin directory and reinstalling, you may have to re-launch the MSI and click Repair for it
to register the TLB files properly.

Best Regards,
Rob Halford
legendary
run it as administrator.

I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 8.  I'm having a critical error running the client in server mode.  I was able to run the client initially to update it, but when I started it in server mode it bombs on the Gridcoin Mining Module.   I then get a "Gridcoin-qt has stopped working".   Sad  I have the 64 bit version of Boinc (7.2.33), but the Gridcoin client is not attached.  The contents of my gridcoin.conf un my Roaming/Gridcoin directory is below.

server=1
rpcuser=myusername
rpcpassword=mypassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332

Is there anything else I can try?

Activity: 128
Merit: 11
I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 8.  I'm having a critical error running the client in server mode.  I was able to run the client initially to update it, but when I started it in server mode it bombs on the Gridcoin Mining Module.   I then get a "Gridcoin-qt has stopped working".   Sad  I have the 64 bit version of Boinc (7.2.33), but the Gridcoin client is not attached.  The contents of my gridcoin.conf un my Roaming/Gridcoin directory is below.

server=1
rpcuser=myusername
rpcpassword=mypassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332

Is there anything else I can try?
Activity: 130
Oh, I've done salvagewallet, reinstalls, etc.
It just pops up again.

No worries. Just reporting the errors with whatever extra data comes along.

I don't think I reported this particular error before, though I've been getting it regularly:

System error: CDB(): can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974

Even when I use my backup wallet to recover that will pop up again after a bit.

There should be a gridcoin bug bounty program Cheesy
As TribalBob suggested, doing the
gridcoin-qt -salvagewallet
command may work for you.

This bug is affecting about 10% of the wallets and seems to go away when you delete your data folder and start a new wallet.  Im working on diagnosing it.  I certainly believe it has something to do with the wallet file, and/or if something is being stored in there making it bigger (that we are not aware of at this time)!

Rest assured Ill be working on this next.

Grid

That's actually stored in the block and not in the wallet so that's why it is so perplexing.
I'm going to analyze a corrupt wallet file.

Rob H.
legendary
Yes, I have that same suspicion. It seems the wallet gets larger and then some kind of synching problem occurs. One the -salvagewallet command is run and a new wallet is made everything seem to run fine.

Could it be something with the boinc hash or any of that stuff?

I don't think I reported this particular error before, though I've been getting it regularly:

This bug is affecting about 10% of the wallets and seems to go away when you delete your data folder and start a new wallet.  Im working on diagnosing it.  I certainly believe it has something to do with the wallet file, and/or if something is being stored in there making it bigger (that we are not aware of at this time)!

Grid

Grid
Activity: 130

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
So it's working now? That's great! Just make sure that the blocks you have (it'll tell you if you hover your mouse over the green check mark on the bottom right) match up with the blocks on explorer.gridcoin.us
It's showing tiny transactions coming thru, just 0 active connections on my wallet. I have NO idea how i managed to make it work, I suppose it's just really great tutorials!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
after figuring every thing out, I stilllll can't get my wallet to sync, and adding the one addnode I found isn't helping.. Huh

What's it doing exactly? Is it just getting stuck while syncing, or are the blocks not matching up? Do you have the latest version 1.1.3.9?
Activity: 124
Hi,

I write the blog for bitcoin.de. About a month ago I mentioned gridcoin and received great interest. Does some dev want to give me a short interview via pm about inspiration, technical problems and actual progess?
I'd be glad to do the article, please send me an e-mail at [email protected] or PM me and we'll get started.

Best Regards,
Rob H.

Total coins: Gridcoin is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units.

I disagree on that. Even with 100GRC per block, it should be 168 millioni currency units. Am I right or I misunderstood.
after figuring every thing out, I stilllll can't get my wallet to sync, and adding the one addnode I found isn't helping.. Huh
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Good Grid coin.
I want to get and work for it.
Jump to: