Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 270. (Read 597251 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
do -salvagewallet command

Ok, I have one client fully updated and running fine, but when I try to re-install the other from the latest MSI using my old wallet.dat I am receiving:

Code:
System Error: CDB() : Can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974
Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com
Ok, I have one client fully updated and running fine, but when I try to re-install the other from the latest MSI using my old wallet.dat I am receiving:

Code:
System Error: CDB() : Can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Oh, and for you guys on Cryptocoin talk, vote on which abbreviation you think we should use/keep while we aren't on an exchange yet

XGR or GRC
Yea that makes sense then as changing the security settings technically gave it admin rights to changes when ran.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
First time using upgrade, but it says "Upgrade Failed. An exception occurred during a WebClient request."

Nevermind, I fixed it by changing the security settings on the \Program Files(x86)\Gridcoin folder
Oh ok, I was going to ask to see if it occurs every time, or how I can reproduce.  Im glad you figured that part out, because one other user had that problem!

Rob H.
legendary
if you are not running the gridcoin-qt as Administrator, then it will crash when you try to upgrade.

First time using upgrade, but it says "Upgrade Failed. An exception occurred during a WebClient request."

Nevermind, I fixed it by changing the security settings on the \Program Files(x86)\Gridcoin folder
Activity: 476
What is the current block?
Ok, I tried "upgrade" on both of my clients (which were both already using version 29).

The upgrades said that they completed successfully but when the clients restarted each client was still showing a different hash number for the current block. Attempting a clean re-install from the latest MSI to see if that fixes the issue.
Cool--
I think it "might" have recovered Bob, because it takes it a long time to sort out peers as misbehaving (thats what it considers an obsolete peer) but then who knows.  I guess we'll find out after we have 24 hours of stability.

@Andrew, I havent read the doc yet, but thanks for putting it together.  I'll be reading it.

Rob H.

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
1.1.3.9-g71-prod here now Smiley Yay!
Chainjoes.com
Ok, I tried "upgrade" on both of my clients (which were both already using version 29).

The upgrades said that they completed successfully but when the clients restarted each client was still showing a different hash number for the current block. Attempting a clean re-install from the latest MSI to see if that fixes the issue.
What's the latest version? I have 29. Running upgrade in both regular and admin mode dies on me.
I dont think that changed, but the wallet has to be "1.1.3.9" now or your network will not work.  If you dont have that in the debug window, manually upgrade with the MSI-prod.

Looks like the highest block is 27864 right now.

3 of my 4 are now working, but my 4th was actually hosed already, crossing my fingers all....

Activity: 130
What's the latest version? I have 29. Running upgrade in both regular and admin mode dies on me.
Yes if you have v25 (mining console or higher), you can type upgrade, but everyone has to upgrade, the old version (1138 and down) will become obsolete.

legendary
This is just for people running the old version right.

All,

I just released the global update (v1139) that forces the protocol upgrade.

Please try to type "upgrade", otherwise you can download the prod-msi, do the full reinstall, and then execute it again and choose "Repair".

Thanks,
Rob H.

All,

I just released the global update (v1139) that forces the protocol upgrade.

Please try to type "upgrade", otherwise you can download the prod-msi, do the full reinstall, and then execute it again and choose "Repair".

Thanks,
Rob H.
Activity: 124
Thats cool, I'll do a global upgrade on a certain near block, but first Id like to make sure the problem happens one more time and give everyone a little time to see this message.
Not positive if Ill be around the computer tonight and Id like to be around.

Has it happened today?

I think we can do a global upgrade either around 6pm tonight or tomorrow morning if it hasn't gone away.

Rob H.

how much time do you think is needed to launch the scrypt-sleep scheme into GRC mining?
Activity: 124
vote here, now only 1 vote by me.

Question:    POLL: Which Alt Coin will see the most growth in 2014?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-which-alt-coin-will-see-the-most-growth-in-2014-359521
Yea I had it happen to all my machines the night before last (so I had to rescan yesterday morning) and it they're all good still except for one, which stalled 2 hours ago. So it's not happening as bad, but there are still instances it occurs.
Chainjoes.com
Thats cool, I'll do a global upgrade on a certain near block, but first Id like to make sure the problem happens one more time and give everyone a little time to see this message.
Not positive if Ill be around the computer tonight and Id like to be around.

Has it happened today?

I think we can do a global upgrade either around 6pm tonight or tomorrow morning if it hasn't gone away.

Rob H.

I can confirm that I just had the problem on one of my clients about an hour ago. Launching with "-rescan" fixes the issue temporarily (at least for me anyway) but the problem is definitely recurring.

For those having trouble with sync issues on "stalled" wallets, before deleting the stuff in your roaming folder, try the following from a command prompt (windows users):

1) cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Gridcoin
2) gridcoin-qt.exe -rescan

This is consistently fixing my sync/stalled client issues and is essentially the same as deleting the files in your roaming folder as it forces the client to rescan the block chain.

But I still opt for the global upgrade, better to do it now than to continue letting new users jump on a faulty client...
Jump to: