Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 289. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
GDg7twb16yJrUC3znZhzY1u2xEwVsWkK2a

thank you
Just sent you an extra 100GRC- not sure if Aysyr already did Smiley.

cool  Smiley

Fzt8GYCLzumtqPWqFqHeNv5qJLXWszq1ga
Noelman & Conqueror,
Just sent the GRC!

Have a good one.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
We are trying to spread the word.

Googled Gridcoin today and saw quite a few people have already blogged about it, just wanna say nice job and thanks to you guys who did!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Googled Gridcoin today and saw quite a few people have already blogged about it, just wanna say nice job and thanks to you guys who did!
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
? Wink

Fz3it4VoxvBAgxEwc2exwfYND3rhW5t35R
Activity: 265

thank you

cool  Smiley

Fzt8GYCLzumtqPWqFqHeNv5qJLXWszq1ga
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
So total coins should be 168mil. right?

How about generation rate? How about difficulty changes?
When do you expect last coin to be mined?
Just didnt found this basic info...

Mining DGC GRC! happily from today morning.
Also I recomend to take a look at this crazy game:
http://fold.it/portal/
Its very addictive, especialy when you master hydrogen bonds Smiley

Activity: 308
Unfortunately no. If you were to mine on the pool each block would only be rewarded 5 GRC. There's no way for an external pool to check the authenticity of BOINC utilization which is why Grid warranted to make a pool that ran on the client itself. Hopefully it'll be finished up soon!
legendary
legendary
Here is my Gridcoin mining rig. 6x5870.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DfJj4UZcU8

thank you
Do you want more than 168 million?

Why? Total coins: ~168 million (est.) Huh
Hi Traderman,
There are 210,240 blocks per year for four years, then that is cut in half, 105,120 for 4 years, then that is cut in half to 52560 for 4 years...etc, if you do that for 20 years the remainder becomes very small, that's where the estimate comes from Smiley.

Buratino:

As mining instruction implies BOINC project heavily utilizes CPU(s) and main memory resources, whereas GridCoin uses GPU(s) for mining. Is it indeed?

In this version, the AMD GPU does the mining and you are free to use AMD or Nvidia or CPU for boinc, and its total project utilization drives the subsidy.  In the version coming in the next 10 days, you can boinc projects that use the GPU (we found some that use the AMDs!) to gain more boinc credits, and the boinc credit trend over the lookback period helps drive the "shares" stored in the chain-- dont worry its similar in rewards, but more fair for heavy duty boinc users who want to take advantage of boinc using the GPUs.

Thanks everyone for the support-- we seem to be growing. 

Grid

Hi SparkLi,

Thank you for all your effort in setting up a pool.  My first critical question is: If a miner is mining in your pool and finds a block, will 5GRC's be split among all the members of the pool?  Do you realize that if a miner is mining solo and they find a block with boinc running, the reward is between 6-150GRC?

Thanks!

Grid
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
As mining instruction implies BOINC project heavily utilizes CPU(s) and main memory resources, whereas GridCoin uses GPU(s) for mining. Is it indeed?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Nothing
legendary
Looks like difficulty and hash rate on the network is starting to grow.
legendary
Do you want more than 168 million?

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
legendary
Looks like things are moving quickly for the GridCoin  Smiley

Any idea when the linux client will be ready? If not soon, is it worth trying it with Wine maybe?
We have a guy in Russia working on the Linux client now.  He was able to get it to compile, but I think it is a ways off because it still doesn't support Boinc.  We might have a version that is not capable of mining, if that is of interest to anyone.  I doubt wine will be able to execute the windows API calls.  You can try running a windows virtual machine inside a linux box.

Best Regards,
Grid

Any idea when the linux client will be ready? If not soon, is it worth trying it with Wine maybe?
We have a guy in Russia working on the Linux client now.  He was able to get it to compile, but I think it is a ways off because it still doesn't support Boinc.  We might have a version that is not capable of mining, if that is of interest to anyone.  I doubt wine will be able to execute the windows API calls.  You can try running a windows virtual machine inside a linux box.

Best Regards,
Grid
I hope a lot of people get behind this coin, this is the first time mining power can be harnessed to better the world. My aunt has breast cancer and I really hope the distributed computing can make breakthroughs in many scientific and medical discoveries. There is a lot of suffering out there and we as miners can help the world. Spread the word people!

Yes definately!  Especially since there are already 45,000 active bitcoin power hogs consuming 23,000megawatts PER DAY, just moving them over to GRC would help immensely.
Sorry to hear about your Aunt.  One very interesting read is the life of Royal R Rife.  Google him and read what he says about cancer, it is very interesting from a technical point of view.  You might have to click on Rense or Rex Research.

Jump to: