Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 285. (Read 597251 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
The in-client pool mining is pretty cool. Definitely some new innovation there and a great way for Gridcoin to distinguish itself from all the others. Great work Grid!!

All,

We are all contributing to good causes by donating our computing power to boinc, and what a fun way to do it by adding those functions into a coin and doing both at the same time?

If Bitcoin is worth $390 a coin, we have a lot of latitude here to move all of the LTC power consuming machines over to gridcoin.

I just want to say thank you all for your support and I am committed 100% to staying behind the development on this project and together we will make this a success!

Please note that the forums listed at the top of this thread are still the official places to find new information related to this coin and I don't want to confuse anyone.

We do not have a pool web site partner, because you cannot pool mine gridcoin through a pool, but we do have the integrated in-client pool mining system.

If/when we create a dedicated gridcoin forum you will be notified of the official release HERE on this forum or on our other partner forum listed under FORUMS in the coin release information.  As for now we are in our growth stage, and would like people to spread the word as far as using this coin while running boinc- to send GRC to other countries (competing with Western Union) and bringing new miners over to GRC.

We are also expirimenting with new algorithms that may allow a distribution of compensation among Boinc-cpu only users, boinc+gpu miners, and boinc+boinc gpu+gpu miners, more on that later.

Take care.
Grid

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
All,

We are all contributing to good causes by donating our computing power to boinc, and what a fun way to do it by adding those functions into a coin and doing both at the same time?

If Bitcoin is worth $390 a coin, we have a lot of latitude here to move all of the LTC power consuming machines over to gridcoin.

I just want to say thank you all for your support and I am committed 100% to staying behind the development on this project and together we will make this a success!

Please note that the forums listed at the top of this thread are still the official places to find new information related to this coin and I don't want to confuse anyone.

We do not have a pool web site partner, because you cannot pool mine gridcoin through a pool, but we do have the integrated in-client pool mining system.

If/when we create a dedicated gridcoin forum you will be notified of the official release HERE on this forum or on our other partner forum listed under FORUMS in the coin release information.  As for now we are in our growth stage, and would like people to spread the word as far as using this coin while running boinc- to send GRC to other countries (competing with Western Union) and bringing new miners over to GRC.

We are also expirimenting with new algorithms that may allow a distribution of compensation among Boinc-cpu only users, boinc+gpu miners, and boinc+boinc gpu+gpu miners, more on that later.

Take care.
Grid

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Hope you're having a good weekend Grid Smiley Be sure to post once or twice every few days in our new forums Smiley

Once Gridcoin is accepted in exchanges I'm going to sell some and switch hosts because it seems like every couple of ours it goes down for a few minutes for whatever reasons lol.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
^^^^^^^^
 Shocked wow!  Shocked
legendary
WOW Very nice, looks really great.

Coming Soon:

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Coming Soon:

legendary
I am giving away 250GRC, 10GRC/person.

Take a bite:
http://gridcoinforum.com/index.php/topic,8.0.html
legendary
Ye the difficulty is still so low that you can get some decent coins right now.

Me too  Wink

It feels like GRC is still good coin to solo mine with 1 cheap GPU  Cool
Today I have 6x150 with one HD7790 solo mining...

Jump on board fast!
legendary
Me too  Wink

It feels like GRC is still good coin to solo mine with 1 cheap GPU  Cool
Today I have 6x150 with one HD7790 solo mining...

Jump on board fast!
legendary
Nice, I just registered.

We do hope to have it there someday haha. But first we have to get the client and everything cleaned up and find a way to reward miners who are contributing exclusively to BOINC and not the network. THEN can we try to get it there since no matter how big/small the rig is they can get rewarded, but that's still in the works.

Mean time, I put together a forum yesterday if you guys want to check it out! There's no members there yet unfortunately and the boards are still empty, but it's ours Smiley

www.gridcoinforum.com
We do hope to have it there someday haha. But first we have to get the client and everything cleaned up and find a way to reward miners who are contributing exclusively to BOINC and not the network. THEN can we try to get it there since no matter how big/small the rig is they can get rewarded, but that's still in the works.

Mean time, I put together a forum yesterday if you guys want to check it out! There's no members there yet unfortunately and the boards are still empty, but it's ours Smiley

www.gridcoinforum.com
legendary
At least we can rock the forum first  Wink :

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=8674&postid=51233#51233

btw I am mirrax from FTC crew...
legendary
Ye it would be great, but the University has to approve it I am sure it is not as easy.

Did anybody tryied to get Gridcoin link directly here:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

i.e. in news, but better permanently on main page  Wink

??

This should be marketing priority...
legendary
Did anybody tryied to get Gridcoin link directly here:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

i.e. in news, but better permanently on main page  Wink

??

This should be marketing priority...
legendary
I think you can see some of the stats from the client if you type "getmininginfo" from debug window.

I miss 2 things:

a, block explorer
b, online network statistics

Any plans about those^^?
legendary
That sounds pretty cool. Can't wait.

Statistics are on its way I think. Last I talked to him he was trying to integrate guiminer to the client and make some edits to it and he told me he's going to see if he can input some charts in there as well. So we'll see how it comes out in a couple of days Smiley
legendary
Statistics are on its way I think. Last I talked to him he was trying to integrate guiminer to the client and make some edits to it and he told me he's going to see if he can input some charts in there as well. So we'll see how it comes out in a couple of days Smiley

Can't wait!
legendary
I miss 2 things:

a, block explorer
b, online network statistics

Any plans about those^^?
legendary
Yes I started running reaper a few days ago and it is much better, a lot less stales.

I switched to reaper and I am getting better results, i have not had the "verified by network" error yet.

Ye I was getting quite a bit of stales. When i tried reaper it seems i am getting less.

In last 2 days I have 7 accepted shares and 6 rejectet (all time boinc utilization 100)

Is this normal? Or not?

Ok today I lost 3x150GRC as those were not verified by network  Angry
I upgraded my wallet and mining with reaper now...I hope it will go better  Wink

So far reaper is performing well, I hope my HD7790 will be able to solo-mine few more days Smiley
Overall it is going good, almost 2k mined  Wink
Jump to: