Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 283. (Read 597251 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Yes that could be the case. But I for one hope it gets huge because we need all that power on the Boinc network.

Dupee-
We did successfully create a Linux version that builds and mines (tested it yesterday), however it currently does not support our new block format that is coming in the next 3 days, so we are not going to release it.

One thing you can do is run windows in a virtual machine in Linux.

Best Regards,
Rob Halford

Can you at least change the thread title to reflect that this coin has bionic built in?  (pop3 email too!) It would probably help this coin get a lot more recognition. (which it deserves!)

I think its good that the coin is flying under the radar for the most part at this stage.  It will get huge once pool mining is implemented.  Enjoy the solo mining while it lasts..
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Dupee-
We did successfully create a Linux version that builds and mines (tested it yesterday), however it currently does not support our new block format that is coming in the next 3 days, so we are not going to release it.

Best Regards,
Rob Halford

Can you at least change the thread title to reflect that this coin has bionic built in?  (pop3 email too!) It would probably help this coin get a lot more recognition. (which it deserves!)

I think its good that the coin is flying under the radar for the most part at this stage.  It will get huge once pool mining is implemented.  Enjoy the solo mining while it lasts..
legendary
Ye I think the thread title should be changed.

Dupee-

Best Regards,
Rob Halford

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Dupee-

Best Regards,
Rob Halford

legendary
New block format?

Dupee-

Best Regards,
Rob Halford

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Dupee-

Best Regards,
Rob Halford
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
ripplelabs-wcgxrp.com -> Redeem -> We've run out of XRP! Please try again later.  Grin

same for me Sad
Activity: 159
ripplelabs-wcgxrp.com -> Redeem -> We've run out of XRP! Please try again later.  Grin
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
still doesn't build in linux
legendary

Out of the kindess of your heart, to help out my lowly self, while not able to mine with my current nvidia card,

Can you give me some Gridcoins, and I will support gridcoin in some small ways. Smiley

G8rNJeKrxMVhu2QWMtm5ZiTKvnZ6MNjpsg

I am sure we all give you a lot with your trust reputation  Wink
I dont want to know what have you done...
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

Out of the kindess of your heart, to help out my lowly self, while not able to mine with my current nvidia card,

Can you give me some Gridcoins, and I will support gridcoin in some small ways. Smiley

G8rNJeKrxMVhu2QWMtm5ZiTKvnZ6MNjpsg
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Lol had that happen to me lots of time with guiminer. If you're able to maximize it by right clicking on it on the task bar, and then drag it out of max view it should fix it.
legendary
Allright...

So I have another problem. I cant see my wallet.
I mean I launch it, but then it goes minimized and I dont know how to see the window...

Anybody with same experience?
Any hints?

Are you on windows?  If so check your system tray, it's probably there.  (near the bottom right corner, on your taskbar)

Yep it is there, but when i click it...nothing
When I right click it...i can actualy go to some parts of menu, but never see whole wallet again.
I think I will delete it and install again...

http://www.conetrix.com/Blog/post/Fixing-an-Application-That-Appears-in-Task-Bar-but-Doesnt-Open.aspx
problem solved...WTF!! It was running out of screen!
legendary
I did not even know this existed. Thanks for posting that!

You can currently mine both GRC and XRP at the same time. Ripple Labs is running an XRP giveaway based on contributions to the World Community Grid, a BOINC project.

Details at https://www.ripplelabs-wcgxrp.com

The giveaway exchange rate is 1000 XRP for every 5000 WGC points (714 BOINC points), which at current rates is roughly a $10 USD value each time you cash in your WCG points.

As long as you're already mining GRC and running BOINC, why not pick up some free XRP for no extra effort?
legendary
Allright...

I mean I launch it, but then it goes minimized and I dont know how to see the window...

Any hints?

Are you on windows?  If so check your system tray, it's probably there.  (near the bottom right corner, on your taskbar)

Yep it is there, but when i click it...nothing
When I right click it...i can actualy go to some parts of menu, but never see whole wallet again.
I think I will delete it and install again...
Allright...

Any hints?

legendary
Allright...

Any hints?
legendary
You can currently mine both GRC and XRP at the same time. Ripple Labs is running an XRP giveaway based on contributions to the World Community Grid, a BOINC project.

The giveaway exchange rate is 1000 XRP for every 5000 WGC points (714 BOINC points), which at current rates is roughly a $10 USD value each time you cash in your WCG points.

As long as you're already mining GRC and running BOINC, why not pick up some free XRP for no extra effort?

This is awesome, thanks for telling us!  Even more reason to support gridcoin!

I hate XRP, but now I hate it less...

This is awesome, thanks for telling us!  Even more reason to support gridcoin!
Activity: 146
Hey,

I like the sound of this project, I love anything that strives towards efficiency. I would love to understand how this works at a high level. I am presuming that the PoW and BOINC work are separate but enforced as part of the protocol?

If this project got more awareness I see a lot of potential.
Jump to: