Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 64. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
I'd rather wait until we have a working frontend  for the official announcement, but if someone is really unhappy that he does research but has not yet been rewarded yet, we can very well add him manually to the DB Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Ohh Nice, I didn't know it was already working. Spass, you should make a separate thread on cryptocointalk about it.

The pool is inofficially already open, we just do not have a beautiful frontend yet.

If anyone is interested, PM me your computer-name and Gridcoin address.

Then I will send you a bam weak-key, use this as the user-name in the boinc-manager (no pw required).

Then you do research for the pool. Whenever the pool earns something (once every 1-3 days) the reward is distributed to the researchers relative to the research done by them.
Activity: 131
The pool is inofficially already open, we just do not have a beautiful frontend yet.

If anyone is interested, PM me your computer-name and Gridcoin address.

Then I will send you a bam weak-key, use this as the user-name in the boinc-manager (no pw required).

Then you do research for the pool. Whenever the pool earns something (once every 1-3 days) the reward is distributed to the researchers relative to the research done by them.
legendary
I guess just wait till the pool is up and then you won't need any coins to mine.

Over 2 weeks now here and no payout yet  Cheesy , I guess I need more coins in my wallet because my magnitude is 170
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Over 2 weeks now here and no payout yet  Cheesy , I guess I need more coins in my wallet because my magnitude is 170
legendary
legendary
Looks like they are out of work units, some projects don't have steady flow of work available.

Im using BOINC since years. mostly with the same few projects (Grid/ Seti). Now I added some other projects like "atlas" but BOINC isn´t downloading any tasks. Why? Do I have to chance something or they have just no work to calculate at the moment?

THX
Activity: 523
Merit: 252
Im using BOINC since years. mostly with the same few projects (Grid/ Seti). Now I added some other projects like "atlas" but BOINC isn´t downloading any tasks. Why? Do I have to chance something or they have just no work to calculate at the moment?

THX
Activity: 727
Merit: 501
Thanks, cyberspacemonkey, now it works fine again  Wink
I have to admit I didn't expect GRC to hold up this well, but if you really think about it, it kinda makes sense. GRC has value outside of its exchange rate to btc, meaning all the Boinc work that is being done.

All the alt coins have tanked through the 2 day Btc rally and GRC is still in its positive trend.  Smiley
This just shows you, how much potential this project has and its bright future ahead.
I think that GRC has the potential of being a real value for companies getting distribute computing services, besides the rest of benefits it shares with other cryptos. I lost interest in cryptos after MTGox fiasco but GRC has made me change my mind again.
Salute
Activity: 211
I have to admit I didn't expect GRC to hold up this well, but if you really think about it, it kinda makes sense. GRC has value outside of its exchange rate to btc, meaning all the Boinc work that is being done.

All the alt coins have tanked through the 2 day Btc rally and GRC is still in its positive trend.  Smiley
This just shows you, how much potential this project has and its bright future ahead.

I totally agree with you! Let GRC do its job of contributing computing power and the free market will work in our favor Wink
legendary

Activity: 505
Merit: 500
New GRC calculator that estimates the potential earnings based on your RAC for each whitelisted Boinc project. Great Stuff!
http://kati3e.github.io/gridcoin-calc/

This would be correct http://kati3e.github.io/gridcoin-calc/list Smiley
Activity: 211
Activity: 603
Merit: 500
Gridcoin just took over Monero on Coinmarketcap with $4,728,397 at spot #15!!! This is the first time this has happened.

I noticed that myself, very impressive. I'm happy to see Gridcoin doing so well. You will be top 10 in no time.

I expect this to take over LTC. I dont mean it's worth $4 per coin but that I see more value in this coin than ltc...and btc Tongue
legendary
New GRC calculator that estimates the potential earnings based on your RAC for each whitelisted Boinc project. Great Stuff!
http://kati3e.github.io/gridcoin-calc/
Activity: 196
Digital Credits
Gridcoin just took over Monero on Coinmarketcap with $4,728,397 at spot #15!!! This is the first time this has happened.

I noticed that myself, very impressive. I'm happy to see Gridcoin doing so well. You will be top 10 in no time.
legendary

legendary
For all the beginners with magnitude problems, this post in reddit helped me a lot:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin/comments/353v3w/newbie_must_read_how_to_pick_the_right_boinc/

And talking about time until mint a block, I have messages similar to those of cyberspacemonkey, with estimated reward time between 30 & 60 days. Yesterday I got a block and was awarded with +600 GRC (mag of about 200), when only about 2 weeks have passed from Research Age installation. On the other hand, I´m Boincing with my wallet opened 24 hours per day.

Salute

Thanks for the link! I'm in no rush to receive the payment but it'd be nice to have approximate expectations for it, my mag right now is about 170 so I guess I should expect it every 2 weeks like you did? or maybe a little longer, sounds like you have more coins in your wallet than me I have 2000 GRC only.
It was my first payment with Research Age, I will PM you when second payment arrive to have a better idea of estimated time between payments.

Question, I have now the neural network out of sync, with no CPID's neither info about last sync, and sync button is not working. Anyone has the same problem? Wallet is up to date and blockchain seems to be correctly synced.

Congrats on your first "Research Age" block!

For all the beginners with magnitude problems, this post in reddit helped me a lot:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin/comments/353v3w/newbie_must_read_how_to_pick_the_right_boinc/

And talking about time until mint a block, I have messages similar to those of cyberspacemonkey, with estimated reward time between 30 & 60 days. Yesterday I got a block and was awarded with +600 GRC (mag of about 200), when only about 2 weeks have passed from Research Age installation. On the other hand, I´m Boincing with my wallet opened 24 hours per day.

Salute

Thanks Traderman  Grin

You're right about the Sync button, it doesn't work for me either but I enter the command "execute syncdpor2" in the terminal and then it syncs fine.
Activity: 727
Merit: 501

Salute

Thanks for the link! I'm in no rush to receive the payment but it'd be nice to have approximate expectations for it, my mag right now is about 170 so I guess I should expect it every 2 weeks like you did? or maybe a little longer, sounds like you have more coins in your wallet than me I have 2000 GRC only.
It was my first payment with Research Age, I will PM you when second payment arrive to have a better idea of estimated time between payments.

Question, I have now the neural network out of sync, with no CPID's neither info about last sync, and sync button is not working. Anyone has the same problem? Wallet is up to date and blockchain seems to be correctly synced.

Congrats on your first "Research Age" block!

Salute

Thanks Traderman  Grin
legendary

Salute

Pages:
Jump to: