Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 67. (Read 597425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
Now listed on Banx.io and running the latest 3.5.2.1

https://www.banx.io/trade?c=GRC&p=BTC

Come trade some Gridcoin Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
LOL, This is nothing compared to what we had before. This was the smoothest upgrade we ever had.

We got it, transition went smooth. Research Age has begun (I like the ambivalence of that sentence)

https://twitter.com/PiGrid_com/status/657340914508132353

Version 3.5.1.9 already. wow many upgrades going on  Roll Eyes

I have to admit the Dev team behind this coin is superb. But something so simple as to correct that picture of the new logo being on top of the old logo when opening the wallet cannot be changed? I mean it's just a minor cosmetic thing, but c'mon  lol
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
How many coins a day with r9 280x, or it is not mineable?

Depends on which projects you work on, GPU is generally more competitive than CPU projects.

And currently with the high influx of users it also changes very much how much can be earned, so give it a shot, worst thing that could happen is that you do some work for science and get less coins than you would have expected.

Also in case someone wonders why this thread is very quiet despite the huge developments curently, our main forum is here:

https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
How many coins a day with r9 280x, or it is not mineable?
Activity: 420
Merit: 0
WHen most other coins took a shit during the bitcoin rally, gridcoin remains one of the few in the green.  Impressive Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
LOL, This is nothing compared to what we had before. This was the smoothest upgrade we ever had.

We got it, transition went smooth. Research Age has begun (I like the ambivalence of that sentence)

Version 3.5.1.9 already. wow many upgrades going on  Roll Eyes
legendary

Version 3.5.1.9 already. wow many upgrades going on  Roll Eyes
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

legendary
Gridcoin Research 3.5.1.8/MSI=36.0
Mandatory Upgrade (before block 364500)

- Fixed getinfo/explainmagnitude/Literal error
- Added witnesses field to Neural Network (When a supermajority of the NN participants agree on one CPIDs individual project RAC on a given day, the nodes will share the information during the quorum for the duration of the day) resulting in higher efficiency and less re-querying project sites for that distinct entry.
  Grid is no longer locked during syncing.  Note that the sync should speed up after our next superblock.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-986#entry197918
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450
do I need a new wallet or something? where to download?

THX!

click "upgrade qt-client" in wallet menu
Activity: 523
Merit: 252
do I need a new wallet or something? where to download?

THX!
With Research Age we now have
  • 6 months lookback period instead of 14 days
  • a maximum magnitude cap of 20000 (now its ~850 to get the maximum payment)
  • Maximum research subsidy in one block will be 13500 instead of 75 right now

That means we can now support/pay 180000 researchers in theory because one staked block in 6 months will be enough to be paid out completely. And as we have 1000 blocks a day over 180 days we can support 180000 researchers/miners which means "unlimited" scalability. The past system could support ~800 or less. Again, everyone is researching on his own, there are no pools necessary to get fully paid!

If we ever reach 100k researchers I believe we will find a solution. The easiest one would be pools, but that means centralization so we would like to avoid that.
legendary
To start Gridcoin mining, in theory 1 GRC is enough. The more you have, the FASTER you will stake your first block. The amount of GRC staking/being in your walllet has no effect on the amount of mined GRC by research.

@ Amazing: What you can do is encrypt your walllet and unlock it for staking only. Then it can't send more beacons. Usually it should stop sending beacons once you are in the superblock.
It is normal that the GRC Adress field is not populated in the execute beaconreport until your first reward AFAIK.

Whats your CPID? I am curious whether we have an issue here or whether you just need patience Smiley I suppose its the latter. Be patient the first GRC will come in soon! Also: Don't expect payments every day if your balance is quite low as well as your magnitude. But remember, we have a lookback period so if you stake one block in 6 months you will be fully paid for all research done within the last 6 months. Smiley

How long does the magnitude take to update after I deposit balance to my wallet? is it 24 hours?  Huh

I have 2000 GRC in my wallet and saw two Beacons going out for 0.0011 but my magnitude is still showing 0.00

Depending on the projects you participate its possible that your magnitude will stay very low. Whats your CPID and which projects are you researching for?
Well within 24 hours you should definetely be included in the superblock.

My magnitude right now is 46 how long before I receive the first payment?

That is okay, the first payment might take a while, depennding on your balance. A balance of 1 Million GRC will take 16 hours to become mature from the time of being transfered to your wallt plus ~1 minute to stake, a balance of 1 GRC will take 16 hours to become mature plus ~weeks to stake. The rest is somwhere in between.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX78dSvg8kg (~500 GRC, 3 days)

Thanks for explaining!
So with the new hard fork what's going to be different exactly?
To start Gridcoin mining, in theory 1 GRC is enough. The more you have, the FASTER you will stake your first block. The amount of GRC staking/being in your walllet has no effect on the amount of mined GRC by research.

@ Amazing: What you can do is encrypt your walllet and unlock it for staking only. Then it can't send more beacons. Usually it should stop sending beacons once you are in the superblock.
It is normal that the GRC Adress field is not populated in the execute beaconreport until your first reward AFAIK.

Whats your CPID? I am curious whether we have an issue here or whether you just need patience Smiley I suppose its the latter. Be patient the first GRC will come in soon! Also: Don't expect payments every day if your balance is quite low as well as your magnitude. But remember, we have a lookback period so if you stake one block in 6 months you will be fully paid for all research done within the last 6 months. Smiley

How long does the magnitude take to update after I deposit balance to my wallet? is it 24 hours?  Huh

I have 2000 GRC in my wallet and saw two Beacons going out for 0.0011 but my magnitude is still showing 0.00

Depending on the projects you participate its possible that your magnitude will stay very low. Whats your CPID and which projects are you researching for?

That is okay, the first payment might take a while, depennding on your balance. A balance of 1 Million GRC will take 16 hours to become mature from the time of being transfered to your wallt plus ~1 minute to stake, a balance of 1 GRC will take 16 hours to become mature plus ~weeks to stake. The rest is somwhere in between.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX78dSvg8kg (~500 GRC, 3 days)
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Are we there yet?
Gridcoin Research 3.5.1.7/MSI=35.9
Mandatory Upgrade (before block 364500)

- Plugged vulnerability discovered by bitcoin - please upgrade to this new version asap
- Added checkpoint
- Research Age starts at block 364500
- Mandatory (auto disconnect of other nodes) automatically starts at 364500
- Added business logic to verify superblocks to enforce quality of magnitude averages and project averages
- Only lock neural network grid/buttons during sync, show the progress bar, sync efficiency improved, allow user to minimize during sync
  Note: Efficiency will not improve until 364500 Smiley
- Retreive explainmagnitude from a synced node otherwise retry (with daily limit of 10 retries)
- Superblock Spacing: 86400
- Expanded block index starts at 364500 (stores votes/superblock indicators more efficiently)
- Added logging to Neural Network sync process (Dreibo, please check debug2.txt)
- Lets burn this in tonight and verify everything (even though we won't be in the RA phase) - before we ask the exchanges to upgrade
legendary

legendary

legendary

How long does the magnitude take to update after I deposit balance to my wallet? is it 24 hours?  Huh

Pages:
Jump to: