Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 65. (Read 597425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Congrats on your first "Research Age" block!

For all the beginners with magnitude problems, this post in reddit helped me a lot:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin/comments/353v3w/newbie_must_read_how_to_pick_the_right_boinc/

And talking about time until mint a block, I have messages similar to those of cyberspacemonkey, with estimated reward time between 30 & 60 days. Yesterday I got a block and was awarded with +600 GRC (mag of about 200), when only about 2 weeks have passed from Research Age installation. On the other hand, I´m Boincing with my wallet opened 24 hours per day.

Salute

Activity: 727
Merit: 501
For all the beginners with magnitude problems, this post in reddit helped me a lot:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin/comments/353v3w/newbie_must_read_how_to_pick_the_right_boinc/

And talking about time until mint a block, I have messages similar to those of cyberspacemonkey, with estimated reward time between 30 & 60 days. Yesterday I got a block and was awarded with +600 GRC (mag of about 200), when only about 2 weeks have passed from Research Age installation. On the other hand, I´m Boincing with my wallet opened 24 hours per day.

Salute
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Hey traderman I just found out that payout timeframe limit got changed from 14 days to 6 months  Huh so that means I'm going to have to wait months to get paid? my POS says interest won't be paid until 130 days and DPOR says 23 hours so is there any way to calculate how long it will take to receive payout?

Just so you know Cyberspacemonkey, I'm seeing exactly what you're seeing too.  So I've also been benefiting from the answers to your questions.

I started on Oct 25
My balance is under 200 coins (only what I've been able to get from faucets, I have not been paid for work yet)

My Total Credit is currently at: 279,565
My Recent Average Credit is currently at: 20,467.39
My Magnitude is now showing: 30.00

Estimated time to earn next reward: 288 days
Estimated time to earn POR reward: 23 hours (has said that for about a week now too)

So you're not alone.  Seems like this is just how it works.

yes sometimes you need to wait quite some time for the first payout.

But there is a pool in work that will fix most of that.

Thing is.... you still need to wait a little bit for that as it's in development. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Cyberspacemonkey,

The 6 month period means that you will get paid for all boinc works done, before the period was only 14 days, so if you didn't stake a block within 14 days you would loose out. With the 6 month period you get paid for all boinc work!!! The estimate for staking on the wallet is a very very rough figure, which is very wrong most of the time. If you want regular payments, you will have to either increase your balance to get more interest blocks, or increase your magnitude by doing more Boinc work. 

Join the IRC chat. There are a lot of people on there that can answer just about any question you have.

Hey traderman I just found out that payout timeframe limit got changed from 14 days to 6 months  Huh so that means I'm going to have to wait months to get paid? my POS says interest won't be paid until 130 days and DPOR says 23 hours so is there any way to calculate how long it will take to receive payout?

Ok now I understand, thanks for clarifying. I have 2000 GR and 155 Magnitude, it's been 10 days I'm still waiting for a payment btw lol  Cheesy
Activity: 233
Try these:

addnode=node.gridcoin.us
addnode=91.41.255.102
addnode=gridcoin.asia
addnode=gridcoin.duckdns.org
addnode=gridcoin.coleman-it.com

hello there, you guy have any add node? got no active connections. stuck at 361800 after upgrade
any more nodes, sometime connected sometime dont
legendary
Try these:

addnode=node.gridcoin.us
addnode=91.41.255.102
addnode=gridcoin.asia
addnode=gridcoin.duckdns.org
addnode=gridcoin.coleman-it.com

hello there, you guy have any add node? got no active connections. stuck at 361800 after upgrade
Activity: 233
Activity: 211
 I have high hopes for this project, like everybody else in here. Can't wait for my PiGrid to arrive in the mail and to keep this growing influx of new adopters/users in the ecosystem Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
The #PiGrid kickstarter is up to $8,823 with 33 hours to go. Another $123 needed and this bad-boy is 100% funded!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1014152641/pigrid-get-rewarded-for-helping-research-projects/comments

Good campaign. I bought my share.  :-)

Great startup for a new currency support program~!
legendary
Atlas is probably a much better choice for you. Test it out and see what kind of magnitude you get.

You will get your POR block eventually, but it may take some time with a magnitude of 30, which is very low. Milkyway@home is a very competitive project and you will need a lot of graphics cards to get your magnitude up. My advice would be to pick a less competitive project.

Yep, 200 coin balance and a magnitude of 30 is gonna take some time! If you guys wanna see what other people are earning with their magnitudes I urge you to take a look at the statistics here: http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/?result&t=Whitelisted_Project_Leaderboard

Also please read this on how to pick the right boinc project for your hardware: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/38205-newbie-must-read-how-to-pick-the-right-boinc-project-for-your-hardware/

Just so you know Cyberspacemonkey, I'm seeing exactly what you're seeing too.  So I've also been benefiting from the answers to your questions.

I started on Oct 25
My balance is under 200 coins (only what I've been able to get from faucets, I have not been paid for work yet)

Estimated time to earn POR reward: 23 hours (has said that for about a week now too)

I picked the 3D MilkyWay@Home project to go along with my ASUS video card.

I was hoping to get a POR payment to improve my balance for POS, but I have no idea what the POR amount will be, or when.

I read though your NEWBIE post and have suspended the MilkyWay project and added ATLAS.  I only have one video card, so I guess I should stick with CPU projects.  Seemed like ATLAS had the lowest competition, if I'm reading the list right.   Smiley

Thanks for the help!

legendary
You will get your POR block eventually, but it may take some time with a magnitude of 30, which is very low. Milkyway@home is a very competitive project and you will need a lot of graphics cards to get your magnitude up. My advice would be to pick a less competitive project.

Yep, 200 coin balance and a magnitude of 30 is gonna take some time! If you guys wanna see what other people are earning with their magnitudes I urge you to take a look at the statistics here: http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/?result&t=Whitelisted_Project_Leaderboard

Also please read this on how to pick the right boinc project for your hardware: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/38205-newbie-must-read-how-to-pick-the-right-boinc-project-for-your-hardware/

I started on Oct 25

I picked the 3D MilkyWay@Home project to go along with my ASUS video card.

I was hoping to get a POR payment to improve my balance for POS, but I have no idea what the POR amount will be, or when.
legendary

Hey traderman I just found out that payout timeframe limit got changed from 14 days to 6 months  Huh so that means I'm going to have to wait months to get paid? my POS says interest won't be paid until 130 days and DPOR says 23 hours so is there any way to calculate how long it will take to receive payout?

Just so you know Cyberspacemonkey, I'm seeing exactly what you're seeing too.  So I've also been benefiting from the answers to your questions.

I started on Oct 25

So you're not alone.  Seems like this is just how it works.

legendary
Cyberspacemonkey,

The 6 month period means that you will get paid for all boinc works done, before the period was only 14 days, so if you didn't stake a block within 14 days you would loose out. With the 6 month period you get paid for all boinc work!!! The estimate for staking on the wallet is a very very rough figure, which is very wrong most of the time. If you want regular payments, you will have to either increase your balance to get more interest blocks, or increase your magnitude by doing more Boinc work. 

Join the IRC chat. There are a lot of people on there that can answer just about any question you have.

Activity: 131

No this won't influence the time needed until you get your reward.

Only that now the timeframe in which you need to be paid to not lose any payments becomes much bigger.

In regards to waiting very long to get your rewards, there will soon be a pool that will enable much more regular payment of rewards.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
legendary
The cryptocointalk one!

Holytransaction has added Gridcoin already and I would imagine that other merchants are probably going to add GRC in the future. Most of the discussion takes place here: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/ also check out the IRC chat: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin

That will take quite a bit of time, but the major updated was Research Age. And Gridcoin is no longer a Scrypt coin.

I was dabbling with this coin in the past, due to its concept. Can you guys sum up the huge spike in market cap? Did I miss something?
Thanx Smiley
I have been doing some research the past hour about the updates taking place and have also backed the project on Kickstarter Smiley . This has to be one of a few crypto's that has a long term future & noble cause. What about on the financial side of the coin, what are the plans regarding merchants and everyday banking etc? 

Thank you will visit links. Which forum is the most active regarding news and discussion?
Holytransaction has added Gridcoin already and I would imagine that other merchants are probably going to add GRC in the future. Most of the discussion takes place here: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/ also check out the IRC chat: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin

That will take quite a bit of time, but the major updated was Research Age. And Gridcoin is no longer a Scrypt coin.

I was dabbling with this coin in the past, due to its concept. Can you guys sum up the huge spike in market cap? Did I miss something?
Thanx Smiley
I have been doing some research the past hour about the updates taking place and have also backed the project on Kickstarter Smiley . This has to be one of a few crypto's that has a long term future & noble cause. What about on the financial side of the coin, what are the plans regarding merchants and everyday banking etc? 

Thank you will visit links. Which forum is the most active regarding news and discussion?
legendary

Thanx Smiley

Thanx Smiley
legendary

Thanx Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: