Pages:
Author

Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod - page 12. (Read 156980 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.

Thanks nst.
I'll look into it. Might go there again. Wasn't impressed first time I tried multipooling with Scrypt Guild. They said I'd make an average of 40% more but that just wasn't the case! And I don't like anyone converting my coins for me automatically unless I designate which coins get exchanged and at which rate or time.

Did you use the 49.9k value? What is your HW to Accepts ratio on average?
I'm averaging 14+KHs pool side with my 26 OC's miners. Wink Nice, eh?

Woof

Activity: 252
Merit: 254
Wolfey - I'm using multipool.us.  Overall I like it better than clevermining mainly due to the fact that you can see what's being mined at the current time, as well as your balances of each coin.  They don't automatically exchange and payout in btc like clevermining though - although I wish that were an option.  They do have full cryptsy integration though.  You have more information and control over what you're mining at multipool as opposed to a couple graphs with no specific information.

I enjoy my voltmods - not sure about dyland and what went wrong there.  Each of my gridseeds hovers around the 500-530kh/s.
Sorry - I'm not using a Controlla either.  I'd guess the issue is not the mod though (if done correctly) if you have problems at 800Mhz too.  Too many people have reported success with vmod3.  Have you tried a different pool?

Haven't tried a different pool as of yet. But I'd like to stick with clevermining...

Can I pay anyone to load an sd with a plug and play image that works?

I don't have a raspberry pi so I can't help you there, but I WAS using Clevermining.  WAS being the keyword.  Recently (this past weekend actually) I noticed some VERY inconsistent results from that pool as well as a very high reject rate (which they say is a 'false reporting'...not sure how much I believe that).  For example, I had 3 gridseeds pointed to that pool and when I would start mining it would be sometimes 3-4 minutes before a single share was accepted.  Then a few more would get accepted, and then another 5 minutes or so before another share was accepted.  Their graph of my hashrate would fluctuate between 1.5Mh/s down to almost 0. 

Using the same version of cpuminer I switched back to Multipool and there was no delay in accepted shares, lower reject rates, and more consistent hashrates around the 1.4-1.5Mh/s range.  Also at Clevermining I have 0.00000016 BTC "Immature" and 0.00046437 BTC "unexchanged"...that number hasn't changed for the past 2 days, leaving my "payout" just below their threshold. 

All that adds up to something that seems a little "off" so I've switched all my workers over to Multipool. 

Hmm Maybe I'll give multipool a shot then.

I seem to be stable at 600 lol.

I definitely wasted both money and time on the volt mod.

Hey, just curious. What went wrong with your volt mod?
What Multipool are you using?
I'd like to find one that actually can deliver more $/KHs overall.
Thx!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I see this NMOS_D_PPAK_2_LFPAK_09N03 with the .brd file

I have 1 pod that came with only 2 mosfets on the board (the pod that went into meltdown)
This photo shows what is underneath the mosfet.

Thanks, I have both version. Some of the with 3 MOSFET and some 2 MOSFET. Your Q6 looks different then my 2 MOSFETs grid seed. What is on top of your Q6?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
Sorry - I'm not using a Controlla either.  I'd guess the issue is not the mod though (if done correctly) if you have problems at 800Mhz too.  Too many people have reported success with vmod3.  Have you tried a different pool?

Haven't tried a different pool as of yet. But I'd like to stick with clevermining...

I don't have a raspberry pi so I can't help you there, but I WAS using Clevermining.  WAS being the keyword.  Recently (this past weekend actually) I noticed some VERY inconsistent results from that pool as well as a very high reject rate (which they say is a 'false reporting'...not sure how much I believe that).  For example, I had 3 gridseeds pointed to that pool and when I would start mining it would be sometimes 3-4 minutes before a single share was accepted.  Then a few more would get accepted, and then another 5 minutes or so before another share was accepted.  Their graph of my hashrate would fluctuate between 1.5Mh/s down to almost 0. 

Using the same version of cpuminer I switched back to Multipool and there was no delay in accepted shares, lower reject rates, and more consistent hashrates around the 1.4-1.5Mh/s range.  Also at Clevermining I have 0.00000016 BTC "Immature" and 0.00046437 BTC "unexchanged"...that number hasn't changed for the past 2 days, leaving my "payout" just below their threshold. 

All that adds up to something that seems a little "off" so I've switched all my workers over to Multipool. 

Hmm Maybe I'll give multipool a shot then.

I seem to be stable at 600 lol.

I definitely wasted both money and time on the volt mod.

Activity: 73
Hi everyone, I picked up some more gridseeds, however this time when they arrived they were silver, and they seem to be pulling 12.5 watts stock on my power meter. My previous gold ones pulled about 8 watts. Is there a major difference between the silver and the gold? I am currently using autotune to see if the extra voltage being pulled translates in to higher overclocks. It seems that they are used as well.. its possible that they have been volt modded somehow possibly? Anybody have any extra information about the different gridseed versions?

I've got a silver one myself.  If anyone needs pics of the board I'll happily crack it open.  I don't have a watt meter, but as far as overclocking, this one likes 800 mhz and hits 320's kh/s. (miner and pool together). 850 starts driving down the number of accepts, (360 kh/s miner, 200's pool side) and hw starts into the teens in a 24hr period. 900 mhz gets the hash rate to almost 400, but almost no accepts on the pool side, and a ridiculous amount of hw's. I don't think (at least mine) it's volt modded.

BTW, anyone figure out what the button on the board does?
Activity: 140
I see this NMOS_D_PPAK_2_LFPAK_09N03 with the .brd file

I have 1 pod that came with only 2 mosfets on the board (the pod that went into meltdown)
This photo shows what is underneath the mosfet.

Activity: 71

does any body have the spec for this three mosfet(Q6,Q7,Q8). i haven't found any details except it says 09N03 and in BOM its says MOS 3022 and MOS 3018. i believe they are N channel mosfet.

I also try to disolder them with my hot air station with no luck. Do you need any special tools to disolder them from pcb?

Thanks in advance!
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Wolfey,

Can you tell me where I could get a ferite bead to replace FB26 on the board mine is blown.

TC
saw wolfey selling modded pods on ebay  Grin Grin
bit pricey though

Sold every one in 2 days too!  Grin

Activity: 141
saw wolfey selling modded pods on ebay  Grin Grin
bit pricey though
Activity: 238
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

Activity: 86
OK I finally got the top off my gridseed lol. But now..

How do I get the bottom off? Mite seem like a basic question but do I need to use a spanner to unscrew those 4 gold posts, before the bottom heatsink will come loose?

Yes - those 4 posts are what screws down the circuit board to the other half of the heatsink.

Thanks! I'll try that out tomorrow if I can find a pair of pliers.

If you're just bridging the one or two locations then it should work.  When I first did the bridge mod I just used a small portion (1/4 inch or less) of the lead from a 1/8w axial resistor with a bend in it for easy handling with a pair of tweezers.

How do I get the bottom off? Mite seem like a basic question but do I need to use a spanner to unscrew those 4 gold posts, before the bottom heatsink will come loose?

Yes - those 4 posts are what screws down the circuit board to the other half of the heatsink.  I just used a pair of pliers.  The circuit board will likely stick to the heatsink pretty good, unless something has changed, there are no components on the bottom of the circuit board so it's ok to pry a bit, but don't use anything metal (don't need to introduce scratches to the circuitry and create a source for a short).  

If you're replacing the thermal pad with paste be sure to insulate any exposed pins or circuitry (I used electrical tape), otherwise you'll get a short.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Activity: 86

Activity: 140
Hi everyone, I picked up some more gridseeds, however this time when they arrived they were silver, and they seem to be pulling 12.5 watts stock on my power meter. My previous gold ones pulled about 8 watts. Is there a major difference between the silver and the gold? I am currently using autotune to see if the extra voltage being pulled translates in to higher overclocks. It seems that they are used as well.. its possible that they have been volt modded somehow possibly? Anybody have any extra information about the different gridseed versions?

I haven't seen mention of silver pods.  Very interesting.  I have three version of gold.  The oldest is darker, then some I'd describe as yellow gold and some I'd describe as white or light gold but not silver.  12.5 watts would be what you'd expect with vmod1 - the 2 bridges.  Vmod1 would give you about 410 kh/s 975MHz to 1000MHz.
I got a quick question, my local electronic store have 49.9k resistor, bit it's not marked what the tolerance is, what difference would it make if it's 1% or 5% .?

Coolb2

1% +/- within 49.9k indicated value
5% +/- within 49.9k indicated value

But most likely if they are 49.9k, they are probably 1%.

I'm using 1% and 5%. There's little difference in power consumption / performance one way or the other.

Enjoy your extra hashes!

Wolfey2014

Thanks Wolfey, you're the MAN

Well another success story, first pod i did and the results are great, hashing away at freq 1200 = 510 kh/s client side, no HW, later i'll try higher freq and see the result, and here's a picture of my handy work, not to shabby.

Good work but that connection looks a little bit thin. I always make sure the entire pad is covered and soldered to the wire sitting on top of it.
It can be done a little bit better by first tinning the resistor wires, then after soldering the wire to the test pin hole, heat the wire at the inner pad itself as close to the pad as possible and let both tinned solder points melt together in to the pad leaving a 100% covered and strong Earth Quake Proof connection.  Grin Just a little tip from a pro. Wink

Good work though! If it's working stably, great! Let it eat!
Pages:
Jump to: