Pages:
Author

Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod - page 14. (Read 156980 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I used a bruteforce search method with this script:

#!/bin/bash
# options
NUM_DEVS=2

# initialize an Array
DEV=(/dev/ttyACM0,/dev/ttyACM1);

## Script Begin ##
 COUNTER=0
 FOUND=0
 echo -e "Searching for devices...please wait\t"
 while (( 1 )); do
          if [ -c /dev/ttyACM$COUNTER ]; then
                  DEV[$FOUND]="/dev/ttyACM$COUNTER";
                  (( FOUND++ ))
          fi
          if (( $FOUND >= $NUM_DEVS )); then
                  break
          fi
          ((COUNTER++))
          sleep .5
# Change Counter value check based on number of devices
          if (( $COUNTER >=10 )); then
                  echo -e "Found only $FOUND devices out of $NUM_DEVS...Please check USB connections & devices.\n\nExiting...\n"
                  exit 1
          fi
  done

echo -e "Found devices ${DEV[0]}, ${DEV[1]}\n"
### End bash script

HTH...

There's no need for something so complicated. This will work just fine:

Code:
minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool.com -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD --gc3355-autotune --gc3355=`ls -m /dev/ttyACM* | sed -e 's/, /,/g' | tr -d '\n'` --freq=1200
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
will this mod work with hashra controla?
The mod will work for any mining software, you just need to change the chip frequency.

Nervous to attempt, but an extra 100 khsh across 20 miners translates to an extra 2Mhsh. Anyone want to share any best practices aside from OP?

I did the 49.9k mod on all 14 of my gridseeds and I'm glad I did. I'm running CPUminer and all of my chips are stable at 1200mhz and up. The pool and CPUminer and both reporting very close to each other so I'm happy!!

Thanks for the follow up; can you list the tools/hardware you used and your new hash rate? Also if possible, anyone know the page in thus thread where I find the 49.9k mod offhand?

Go back to page 1, search for - wolfey2014 - all my posts will come up, and all shall be revealed to you Wink

Thanks Wolfey,

I'm still a bit confused though:

what's the better mod between these two below? The guy I have doing it is only familiar with 47k mod.

VMOD 3: (47k): Up to freq=1175 (500kH/s poolside average)  30 +/-4 watt
VMOD 3: (49.9k): Up to freq=1200 (510kH/s poolside average)   33 +/-4 watt

i have used 48k resistors (measured and selected from a pack of 5% 47k 1/8W resistors) to mod my pods and they are running at 1200MH/s with almost zero hardware errors with a power consumption of 25w~ per each measured with a kilowatt meter. power supply is a 850 silver.
i don't know who got this readings but its not consuming 30+ watts.

What controller are you using? I'm on hashra controla.
im running them on windows pc, cgminer+cgwatcher
ps. i have modified few miners with 51k resistors and they consume 28-30 watts and running at 521-526 Kh/s with almost zero hardware errors
Activity: 45
Merit: 5
I will start a new thread when ready but in the meantime I would like to share with you the work in progress behind this new project based on sandor cpuminer.

I'd like to test it with a great bunch of pods (20 or more) but I have only 3 now, may be someone of you could test it? It requires a linux controller like a raspberry with a web server (something like a Scripta img should work very fine, just change the document root to the Minera directory).

If there is someone who wanna try it please leave me a PM, I think I will release a public beta-version next week.

Hope you like it:

Quoted for awesomeness, I applaud your efforts. Wink

Thanks sandor Smiley
Do you think it's possible to add an option to cpuminer to detect automatically the gridseed devices? Of course you will not be able to set per device freq with this option on but it would be useful to start the command in autotune without writing every single dev in the launcher string. I think looking at the dev ID do the job, Gridseed has always 0483:5740 as ID.

I used a bruteforce search method with this script:

#!/bin/bash
# options
NUM_DEVS=2

# initialize an Array
DEV=(/dev/ttyACM0,/dev/ttyACM1);

## Script Begin ##
 COUNTER=0
 FOUND=0
 echo -e "Searching for devices...please wait\t"
 while (( 1 )); do
          if [ -c /dev/ttyACM$COUNTER ]; then
                  DEV[$FOUND]="/dev/ttyACM$COUNTER";
                  (( FOUND++ ))
          fi
          if (( $FOUND >= $NUM_DEVS )); then
                  break
          fi
          ((COUNTER++))
          sleep .5
# Change Counter value check based on number of devices
          if (( $COUNTER >=10 )); then
                  echo -e "Found only $FOUND devices out of $NUM_DEVS...Please check USB connections & devices.\n\nExiting...\n"
                  exit 1
          fi
  done

echo -e "Found devices ${DEV[0]}, ${DEV[1]}\n"
### End bash script

HTH...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hey everyone, take a look at this screenshot:

Im noticing that the average for accepted sharess for the timeframe on the screenshot for gridseeds 0,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 is 2525
The average accepted shares for the timeframe on the screenshot for gridseeds 1 & 2 is 2021

Considering they are all roughly the same frequency, 2021 accepts average out of 2525 is .800396

Considering there are 5 chips on gridseeds, does this mean that only 4/5 of the chips are working on my gridseeds units 1 & 2?

if only 4 out of 5 chips were running on the gridseed that would also equal = .80

Am I correct in my assumptions and only 4/5 chips are working on these gridseeds; can anything be done to make these chips run correctly and or has anyone else experienced this?

Full disclosure I have performed the 47K resistor VMOD3.
Activity: 140
No, I haven't taken a photo of "SuperPod" or "FrankenPod"  Cheesy

This should give an idea of what I see:

When I removed the burnt chip I also removed the metal base of the chip.  In hindsight, I think I should have removed the burnt top of the chip but left the metal base and making sure there were no electrical shorts.  Someone may benefit from that mistake. My pod just has the woven PCB material there now with a bunch of small metal pinholes now.

Chips 2,3 & 4 were working before the center chip went up in smoke.
Now chips 0 and 4 work with the center chip removed.
Chip 1 is the center chip.

ZiG
Activity: 406
No, I'm using windows.

If you or anyone here has or downloads the larger Allegro package and get a moment could you lift the center chip and tell me if you think all the DGND points under the chip need to be connected.  You can drag the chip to the side and see all the connections. That's my latest plan to try to bring two more chips back online.  I tried to build a solder pad there but it won't stick.  Next is to try a conductive paint or I'll use small wires to connect all the points.  

I'm looking for some opinions on whether all the DGND points under the chip (the center chip has been removed on this pod) need to be connected and if a conductive paint would be good enough.  The two chips that are working are very happy at 1200Mhz, steady 200 kh/s for days now.

Do you have a picture...?
Activity: 378
I use two viewers:

http://www.parallel-systems.co.uk/support/free-viewers  (more features but large download)
http://wr2440.googlecode.com/files/Allegro%20SIP%20MCM%20FREE%20Viewer16.5.EXE.7z (less features)

The large download is the full suite 1.2gb or so and the small download is 17mb.

Get the GC3355 USB_pcb_V1.brd file here: https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/hardware

The full suite allows you to click on a reference and it shows all linked components etc.

Thanks buddy,

Are you on Mac...?

Thanks Buddy! This ought to come in handy!
No, I'm using windows.

If you or anyone here has or downloads the larger Allegro package and get a moment could you lift the center chip and tell me if you think all the DGND points under the chip need to be connected.  You can drag the chip to the side and see all the connections. That's my latest plan to try to bring two more chips back online.  I tried to build a solder pad there but it won't stick.  Next is to try a conductive paint or I'll use small wires to connect all the points.  

I'm looking for some opinions on whether all the DGND points under the chip (the center chip has been removed on this pod) need to be connected and if a conductive paint would be good enough.  The two chips that are working are very happy at 1200Mhz, steady 200 kh/s for days now.
ZiG
I use two viewers:

http://www.parallel-systems.co.uk/support/free-viewers  (more features but large download)
http://wr2440.googlecode.com/files/Allegro%20SIP%20MCM%20FREE%20Viewer16.5.EXE.7z (less features)

The large download is the full suite 1.2gb or so and the small download is 17mb.

Get the GC3355 USB_pcb_V1.brd file here: https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/hardware

The full suite allows you to click on a reference and it shows all linked components etc.

Thanks buddy,

Are you on Mac...?
Activity: 238
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
The mod will work for any mining software, you just need to change the chip frequency.

Nervous to attempt, but an extra 100 khsh across 20 miners translates to an extra 2Mhsh. Anyone want to share any best practices aside from OP?

I did the 49.9k mod on all 14 of my gridseeds and I'm glad I did. I'm running CPUminer and all of my chips are stable at 1200mhz and up. The pool and CPUminer and both reporting very close to each other so I'm happy!!

Thanks for the follow up; can you list the tools/hardware you used and your new hash rate? Also if possible, anyone know the page in thus thread where I find the 49.9k mod offhand?

Go back to page 1, search for - wolfey2014 - all my posts will come up, and all shall be revealed to you Wink

Thanks Wolfey,

I'm still a bit confused though:

what's the better mod between these two below? The guy I have doing it is only familiar with 47k mod.

VMOD 3: (47k): Up to freq=1175 (500kH/s poolside average)  30 +/-4 watt
VMOD 3: (49.9k): Up to freq=1200 (510kH/s poolside average)   33 +/-4 watt

i have used 48k resistors (measured and selected from a pack of 5% 47k 1/8W resistors) to mod my pods and they are running at 1200MH/s with almost zero hardware errors with a power consumption of 25w~ per each measured with a kilowatt meter. power supply is a 850 silver.
i don't know who got this readings but its not consuming 30+ watts.

What controller are you using? I'm on hashra controla.
I use two viewers:

ZiG
I don't know enough about this stuff to answer.  The Gridseed docs show 1.5A and the one in the link is 2A I think. Someone else here with more knowledge will be able to answer your question.

This is what the Allegro software shows.  The part I clicked on is highlighted in yellow.

Hey Happydaze,

Which version of Allegro are you using...? ...and which Gridseed's file is the PCB board design...?

Thanks buddy,

ZiG
I don't know enough about this stuff to answer.  The Gridseed docs show 1.5A and the one in the link is 2A I think. Someone else here with more knowledge will be able to answer your question.

This is what the Allegro software shows.  The part I clicked on is highlighted in yellow.

Activity: 494
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
Hello guys,
if you wanna give a try to my new project "Minera", feedbacks are very welcome!

Minera is the "scripta"-like web interface specific for cpuminer-gc3355.

Still lacks an img to put in your SD but I hope to create it in the next few days.

In the meantime if you have a web server installed (for example if you are running scripta), just follow the minera install skipping the web server part and you should be ready.

It could have a lot of bugs because this is the very first time I release it to the public.

Please le me know: https://github.com/michelem09/minera

What's different or improved in your program vs Hashra Controlla? Your GUI looks pretty much the same as the original Controlla program.

Hello,
well I think the main difference is that Hashra Controla doesn't support CPUMiner-gc3355 while it works over cgminer (if I'm not wrong, I didn't know pretty much about it).

So you cannot use amazing features such as autotune or per device freq, while with Minera and cpuminer by Sandor you can.

I also have done some system optimizations cause I found other minera-like app very complex and system "addictive", so I tried to use only the strictly necessary to have a web app more flexible.

Minera doesn't inherit nothing from other similar app, it was written totally from scratch, it only looks like them but it has a completely rewritten "engine".

Then, I have in mind a lot of new widgets to add to the dashboard (like CPU/Mem stats, Profit calculator based on current hashrate and much more) and a more comfortable settings page to take full advantage of cpuminer.

Finally, it is written over a MVC Framework like Codeigniter so it's easier to manage and code.

Hope you like it.
Hello,

Can someone tell me what the resistor value is of the resistor that the black fan wire crosses over in the picture above. Its between the usb plug and the gold post. I have one that is toast.

TC

This one?

It is a Ferrite Bead according to the downloadable docs.

Reference Designator: FB26
Package Symbol:       FB0805
Component Class:      IC
Device Type:          FERRITE BEAD_FB0805_300OHM@100M
Value:              300ohm@100MHz,1.5A
Designator: F174

Get the .brd file here: https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/tree/master/hardware
and a viewer here: http://www.parallel-systems.co.uk/support/free-viewers  (more features but large download)
another here: http://wr2440.googlecode.com/files/Allegro%20SIP%20MCM%20FREE%20Viewer16.5.EXE.7z (less features)
I use both.

Activity: 378
Hello guys,

Still lacks an img to put in your SD but I hope to create it in the next few days.

In the meantime if you have a web server installed (for example if you are running scripta), just follow the minera install skipping the web server part and you should be ready.

It could have a lot of bugs because this is the very first time I release it to the public.

What's different or improved in your program vs Hashra Controlla? Your GUI looks pretty much the same as the original Controlla program.
legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
Hello guys,

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

There's a nice guide on how to do the 49.9k mod here.
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Hello,

Can someone tell me what the resistor value is of the resistor that the black fan wire crosses over in the picture above. Its between the usb plug and the gold post. I have one that is toast.

TC
Pages:
Jump to: