Pages:
Author

Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod - page 13. (Read 156980 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hi everyone, I picked up some more gridseeds, however this time when they arrived they were silver, and they seem to be pulling 12.5 watts stock on my power meter. My previous gold ones pulled about 8 watts. Is there a major difference between the silver and the gold? I am currently using autotune to see if the extra voltage being pulled translates in to higher overclocks. It seems that they are used as well.. its possible that they have been volt modded somehow possibly? Anybody have any extra information about the different gridseed versions?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I got a quick question, my local electronic store have 49.9k resistor, bit it's not marked what the tolerance is, what difference would it make if it's 1% or 5% .?

Coolb2

1% +/- within 49.9k indicated value
5% +/- within 49.9k indicated value

But most likely if they are 49.9k, they are probably 1%.

I'm using 1% and 5%. There's little difference in power consumption / performance one way or the other.

Enjoy your extra hashes!

Wolfey2014

Thanks Wolfey, you're the MAN

Well another success story, first pod i did and the results are great, hashing away at freq 1200 = 510 kh/s client side, no HW, later i'll try higher freq and see the result, and here's a picture of my handy work, not to shabby.

http://i.imgur.com/nNpq79x.jpg
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Sorry - I'm not using a Controlla either.  I'd guess the issue is not the mod though (if done correctly) if you have problems at 800Mhz too.  Too many people have reported success with vmod3.  Have you tried a different pool?
Activity: 378
will this mod work with hashra controla?
The mod will work for any mining software, you just need to change the chip frequency.

Nervous to attempt, but an extra 100 khsh across 20 miners translates to an extra 2Mhsh. Anyone want to share any best practices aside from OP?

I did the 49.9k mod on all 14 of my gridseeds and I'm glad I did. I'm running CPUminer and all of my chips are stable at 1200mhz and up. The pool and CPUminer and both reporting very close to each other so I'm happy!!

I am having no luck with my 20 modded units running hashra controla on rasp pi. after volt mod, my pool reports almost half of my un-modded previous hashrate  Sad

are you on rasp pi or windows for cpuminer?

I am looking for a plug and play solution for raspberry pi that will work with the 47.7k volt mod.

any ideas from anyone?

Controlla may be the culprit. I can't say how optimized it was/is for use with volt modded pods.
Try CPU miner. It's the one virtually all of us cpuminer lovers are having the most success with, locally and pool side.
I'm mining on suchpool for and their hashrate states vary radically sometimes but usually they are very close to what my local pool rate says.
Nice work Sandorino!
Yep, Wolfey finally took the dive and has been running .09f for a couple hours now. So far so good! Wink
By the way, do you have a list posted of all the new/latest features and commands. I know, it's on github, right? Wink
Tanks!

Crap. I wouldn't have gone down this route if I had known hashra controlla wouldn't work as I have zero time. Literally. I have to time the end of my pee with flushing the toilet so I can have an extra two minutes per day of sleep.

This is why I asked if it would work in the first place.....

Anyway, I have not the first clue about where to get cpu miner, how to load it, etc. Once I were to image it onto an SD, would it be plug and play into the rasp pi?

Thanks in advance for your help.

OR, would anyone in this thread be willing to sell me a plg and play SD for my Pi that will work with 20 volt modded pis?

Please, don't panic. I could be way off on this! Hashra might just be fine and something else is causing your problems.
I'm not a Controlla user so I have the same problem you do 'how to use' and experience with wise. Chill out! Cheesy

Please ask for Sandor111's help or perhaps HappyDaze can chime in on this too? I know there are other 'experienced' Controlla users out there too!

Don't worry, you'll get it sorted out.

Peace

Activity: 238
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
The mod will work for any mining software, you just need to change the chip frequency.

Nervous to attempt, but an extra 100 khsh across 20 miners translates to an extra 2Mhsh. Anyone want to share any best practices aside from OP?

I did the 49.9k mod on all 14 of my gridseeds and I'm glad I did. I'm running CPUminer and all of my chips are stable at 1200mhz and up. The pool and CPUminer and both reporting very close to each other so I'm happy!!

I am having no luck with my 20 modded units running hashra controla on rasp pi. after volt mod, my pool reports almost half of my un-modded previous hashrate  Sad

I am looking for a plug and play solution for raspberry pi that will work with the 47.7k volt mod.

any ideas from anyone?

Controlla may be the culprit. I can't say how optimized it was/is for use with volt modded pods.
Try CPU miner. It's the one virtually all of us cpuminer lovers are having the most success with, locally and pool side.
I'm mining on suchpool for and their hashrate states vary radically sometimes but usually they are very close to what my local pool rate says.
Nice work Sandorino!
Yep, Wolfey finally took the dive and has been running .09f for a couple hours now. So far so good! Wink
By the way, do you have a list posted of all the new/latest features and commands. I know, it's on github, right? Wink
Tanks!

Crap. I wouldn't have gone down this route if I had known hashra controlla wouldn't work as I have zero time. Literally. I have to time the end of my pee with flushing the toilet so I can have an extra two minutes per day of sleep.

This is why I asked if it would work in the first place.....

Anyway, I have not the first clue about where to get cpu miner, how to load it, etc. Once I were to image it onto an SD, would it be plug and play into the rasp pi?

Thanks in advance for your help.

OR, would anyone in this thread be willing to sell me a plg and play SD for my Pi that will work with 20 volt modded pis?

I am having no luck with my 20 modded units running hashra controla on rasp pi. after volt mod, my pool reports almost half of my un-modded previous hashrate  Sad

any ideas from anyone?

I'm mining on suchpool for days now and their hash rate varies radically sometimes but usually they are very close to what my local pool rate says.
Nice work Sandorino!
Tanks!
What frequency are you trying to run them at?  I have one with 47.5k and the slowest chip only wants to do 1125MHz other chips will do 1150MHz or 1175MHz.  Setting it all at 1150MHz works ok.

Thanks for the reply; first off, I am running hashra controla on rasp pi, which allows you to set frequency in 50 spot increments across ALL gridseeds.

I was hoping with the voltmod that it would essentially raise the speed limit across all gridseeds, but it does not.

It looks like I am getting only about half of the Mhash I should be getting and I have crazy high rejection rates.

That said I had them all at 1150, and it is paltry compared with where it should be with volt mod. Hashra controla seems to be reporting normally, except for all the rejects, but poolside, yeah, it sucks.

I hear people on this thread running all at 1150 or at 1200 with no problems, so I don't really know where my problem is: 1) the gridseeds 2) the controller 3) the pool, or some combination.
Activity: 140
What frequency are you trying to run them at?  I have one with 47.5k and the slowest chip only wants to do 1125MHz other chips will do 1150MHz or 1175MHz.  Setting it all at 1150MHz works ok.

any ideas from anyone?
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
I've unscrewed my gridseed but it won't seem to come apart. Brute force required?

no, should go loose pretty easy once you got the 4 screws out, could stick a little due to thermal pad but nothing excessive

Hmm if the thermal pad is stuck that tight I'm worried that its going to rip some components off the PCB if I apply enough force to seperate it.
Activity: 308
I've unscrewed my gridseed but it won't seem to come apart. Brute force required?

no, should go loose pretty easy once you got the 4 screws out, could stick a little due to thermal pad but nothing excessive
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Ok, so I have the 47.7 mod on my twenty miners and they are running on hashra with about 9% rejection rate at 1200khz, but that's not my problem.

The bigger problem is hashra is showing me at 10.2M, but my pool (clever mining) is only showing half that amount, 5M.

Any ideas on this from anyone?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with hashra, but does it show accepted shares? You can do the math based on that and figure out if the pool is wrong or if you are not really mining at that speed.

It shows accepted shares, but I have a 17% reject rate and last night ran my 20 pods at 800khz and when I woke up there were 361 HW errors.

Something is wrong, and I'm assuming it's the hashra controla used with voltage mod---despite more than a few people on this thread saying that it would work.
I got a quick question, my local electronic store have 49.9k resistor, bit it's not marked what the tolerance is, what difference would it make if it's 1% or 5% .?

Coolb2

I'm using 1% and 5%. There's little difference in power consumption / performance one way or the other.

Enjoy your extra hashes!

Wolfey2014

Thanks Wolfey, you're the MAN
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Ok, so I have the 47.7 mod on my twenty miners and they are running on hashra with about 9% rejection rate at 1200khz, but that's not my problem.

The bigger problem is hashra is showing me at 10.2M, but my pool (clever mining) is only showing half that amount, 5M.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with hashra, but does it show accepted shares? You can do the math based on that and figure out if the pool is wrong or if you are not really mining at that speed.

Thanks in advance.

Coolb2

Enjoy your extra hashes!

Wolfey2014

Coolb2
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

There's no need for something so complicated. This will work just fine:

Code:
minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool.com -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD --gc3355-autotune --gc3355=`ls -m /dev/ttyACM* | sed -e 's/, /,/g' | tr -d '\n'` --freq=1200

That is indeed elegant, thanks.

Not needed anymore in v0.9f
Replace --gc3355=... with --gc3355-detect and it will detect all GC3355 devices automatically.
Activity: 45
Merit: 5

There's no need for something so complicated. This will work just fine:

Code:
minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool.com -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD --gc3355-autotune --gc3355=`ls -m /dev/ttyACM* | sed -e 's/, /,/g' | tr -d '\n'` --freq=1200

That is indeed elegant, thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: