Pages:
Author

Topic: GRIDSEED G-BLADE Overclocking 7Mh/s, improvements and repair - page 22. (Read 74047 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Quick update on the new blade.
A few things have changed on the board.
The overheating ferrite beads were replaced by Gridseed. They are now 0R resistors to make the bridge clean.

The VRM have also been replaced by 2x CSD17556 and 1x CSD16321.
I'll dig the datasheet to check if they are better or not.

Maybe my hopes for 8MH+ Blade will be fulfilled

Edit: looks like they are really close to the previous ones
Let's see how it works when overvolted.

CSD17556 = 30V / 30A MOSFET - Surface Mount x 2 = 60A baby! Wink

CSD16321 = 25V / 100A / 200A Pulse Current = NICE!
Are they using gate drivers on these babies? I would = even more efficient use of power.

You might be right J4. 8MH++ even, maybe, hopefully  Grin
Might turn those hashers into thrashers!
Woof! Woof!

8MH or magic black smoke  Wink
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
The overheating ferrite beads were replaced by Gridseed. They are now 0R resistors to make the bridge clean.

CSD17556 = 30V / 30A MOSFET - Surface Mount x 2 = 60A baby! Wink

CSD16321 = 25V / 100A / 200A Pulse Current = NICE!
Are they using gate drivers on these babies? I would = even more efficient use of power.

You might be right J4. 8MH++ even, maybe, hopefully  Grin
Might turn those hashers into thrashers!
Woof! Woof!

I presume you've seen Zoom Thrash's new overpriced http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/the-lion-64-chips-1-blade-13-5mh-s-450w hasher.

It looks similar to the new Zues Thunder coming out at 'the same time',,, same delivery date! Interesting, eh?

Yes, they look similar, but zeus is 4 chips 15 watt and zoomhash is 6 chips 45 watt.

I'm wondering which one will overclock the best.
6 chips could have more room than 4, but they are clearly different generation if you consider the power draw.
Probably 55nm vs 28nm.
Anyway, I ordered 1 of each 200$ ones to play.

back on topic, I received a new blade today that I'll mod.
I'm still waiting for other parts to do the mod, but I also received 44.2k 0603 resistors.

Sorry? You ordered 1 of each 200$?Huh? What exactly did you order? I don't understand....

zoomhash wolf
zeusminer blizzard
I presume you've seen Zoom Thrash's new overpriced http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/the-lion-64-chips-1-blade-13-5mh-s-450w hasher.

It looks similar to the new Zues Thunder coming out at 'the same time',,, same delivery date! Interesting, eh?

Yes, they look similar, but zeus is 4 chips 15 watt and zoomhash is 6 chips 45 watt.

6 chips could have more room than 4, but they are clearly different generation if you consider the power draw.
Probably 55nm vs 28nm.

I'm still waiting for other parts to do the mod, but I also received 44.2k 0603 resistors.

Sorry? You ordered 1 of each 200$?Huh? What exactly did you order? I don't understand....

Probably 55nm vs 28nm.

I wouldn't say desperate at all, they are just a reseller selling badged miners just like the others. At least Hashra has a cool looking case.

No, they say that it is their OWN creation, which I find highly suspicious! But it is obviously re-badged! They are lying through their cyber teeth! Disgusting!
Activity: 868
I wouldn't say desperate at all, they are just a reseller selling badged miners just like the others. At least Hashra has a cool looking case.

I do not believe ZH created their own exclusive Blade for one second!

Sounds like the desperate throws of a dying company to me.

Besides, the Blades are just a stop over along the way to better and cheaper tech coming out in just days to weeks if not already circumvented by same...IMO! Wink

Anyway, I am not impressed!
Hey Wolfey,

The post wasn't there a few hours ago, but they are facing the exact same limitations as me, but they haven't noticed the ferrite beads overheating. Thermal picture wold be nice to identify where are the hot/weak spots.
I managed to get the blade stable for 25 minutes at 1125Mhz, giving 3800Kh/s for the panel with 47K resistor, but after that, it's overheating, even with a fan blowing directly on it and stops sending shares
It's actually running with very few hw errors at 1063Mhz with 42k resistor.

TO-220 package might be a good idea to replace the 09N03. Datasheet says 25V 50A, but power dissipation might be too low I'll have to check if I have an acceptable replacement when back home next week.

Hey J4bberwock ,

I'm thinking of volt modding my Blade with your configuration but just need some advice - later in this forum you go on to say you've got this running stable at 1125Mhz and 7.3Mh/s, how are you actively cooling this setup? What is the temperature you try and stay below? And lastly, how are you powering it? (Direct wiring, and if so, where? Or through the notmal power inlet with the ferrite beads removed?)

Thanks again - and I'm quite impressed with your hash speed, tho I'm unsire if anyone else will come close to it as most of the miners don't run 6.5 Mh/s at 875Mhz stock Tongue

Hi, actuelly, my best setup with cpuminer is MHz with zero HW errors for 24 hours.

I haven't uset direct wiring yet. still waiting for PCIE 6 pin plugs for the wire
I'll also try to bypass the ferrite beads since I'm using high quality server PSU.

Regarding the cooling, custom cover plus secondary fan blowing on the powerboard.
I also ordered a high CFM fan to replace the stock one.
And don't forget the heatsinks under the PCB and on the parts to cool the vrm anc choke.
Extra heatsinks on the chips may help on high frequencies to get less HW errors.
Activity: 412
I think too, they pushed to the limit and use more powerfull power chips or they did their ovn power supply of 1.4 or 1.5V.
I think they use their ovn boards with their ovn power supply
have just sended an email for datashet to UPI semiconductors.
but found only this
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/5f088e176edb6f1aff001f3a.html

UPI semiconductors made chips it is question what is lowest quantity for production.
They also made their ovn blades so they bought chips and created their ovn board with fully overclocked blade.

Where have you seen this?
I'm interested to see the device.
me too, but i think the only way is to buy it.
http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/the-lion-64-chips-1-blade-13-5mh-s-450w

I can't believe it's made of gridseeds, but it would explain why the supplier replied that the 5000 chips they had was ordered by someone else.
even oveclocked, I'm barely getting 7.5MH/s with 40 80 chips and 300 watt.

Big edit, 7.5MH/S with 80 chips.

so 13MH/s with only 64 chips is far beyond the limits for GC3355.

They were supposed to be 70Kh/s per chip, we are pushing them at 105Kh/s
200+Kh/s looks way too high for such a low power draw.
It'll be 12MH/s with 64 chips, but they will have to run higher clock, so higher power draw. I guess the extra 10% hashrate could be acheived with 30% extra power.

Maybe with 47k or 49.9k resistor and upgrading the VRM you can reach 8MH/s, but I expect more power draw.
The only unknown limit for now with standard powerboard is the up1509 that we don't have the datasheet. How many amps can it stand?
They also made their ovn blades so they bought chips and created their ovn board with fully overclocked blade.

me too, but i think the only way is to buy it.
http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/the-lion-64-chips-1-blade-13-5mh-s-450w
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey Wolfey,

The post wasn't there a few hours ago, but they are facing the exact same limitations as me, but they haven't noticed the ferrite beads overheating. Thermal picture wold be nice to identify where are the hot/weak spots.
I managed to get the blade stable for 25 minutes at 1125Mhz, giving 3800Kh/s for the panel with 47K resistor, but after that, it's overheating, even with a fan blowing directly on it and stops sending shares
It's actually running with very few hw errors at 1063Mhz with 42k resistor.

TO-220 package might be a good idea to replace the 09N03. Datasheet says 25V 50A, but power dissipation might be too low I'll have to check if I have an acceptable replacement when back home next week.

Hey J4bberwock ,

I'm thinking of volt modding my Blade with your configuration but just need some advice - later in this forum you go on to say you've got this running stable at 1125Mhz and 7.3Mh/s, how are you actively cooling this setup? What is the temperature you try and stay below? And lastly, how are you powering it? (Direct wiring, and if so, where? Or through the notmal power inlet with the ferrite beads removed?)

Thanks again - and I'm quite impressed with your hash speed, tho I'm unsire if anyone else will come close to it as most of the miners don't run 6.5 Mh/s at 875Mhz stock Tongue
Activity: 448

Zoomhash is selling Voltmodded blades.

http://zoomhash.com/collections/top-sellers/products/new-7-5mhs-zoom-blade

looks like they are doing it the right way, with extra cooling and tips and tricks.

BTW, they should have called it J4b-Blades instead of Zoomblades  Grin
Do you think I can ask for royalties?

For those of you who modded the blade to extreme with a 43k resistor, if you have to shut it down, here is what I'm doing just to let it cool a little.

-unplug the USB
-shut down the PSU for 5 seconds
-power on the PSU again so the fan spins for a few minutes

Doing this, the power draw is way less than when you simply close cgminer or cpuminer the components are gently cooling before I shut it down completely.

Activity: 826
°^°
Im curious, can the bridge mod be done w/ a pencil? ... the bridge doesnt care about resistance right? just as long as long as its closed?
the vid=1 bridge not, but the one rerouting to the 36k resistor does
Im curious, can the bridge mod be done w/ a pencil? ... the bridge doesnt care about resistance right? just as long as long as its closed?
Thanks

I've seen people reporting that it wasn't working on the pod or it works only for some time.
Pages:
Jump to: