Pages:
Author

Topic: GRIDSEED G-BLADE Overclocking 7Mh/s, improvements and repair - page 30. (Read 74047 times)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Thats pretty impressive, You would think heatsinks would have helped though.
with cooler i meant heatsink
I think I will put on the board these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-5W-10W-High-Power-LED-Cooling-Fan-Aluminium-Heatsink-/231055723509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cbfe8bf5
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
I have also bought some collers an will glue it in backside of board where it "missing"
I will put there maybe small cpu cooler with fan on it need to check ho much place is there.
Also planing to put some coller on chips behind 220 uf capactotor and remove that a bit so cooler can be biger.
Waiting for cooling glue paste to do that, but have ni intent to go higher than 41K resistor.

Now with no overclock just bfgminer works so so, from 2.35 MH to 2.55 MH
what is not even near declaration.

Which cgminer people use for blade?

I use the first linked cgminer from andreed ... and it works flawless ^^
Activity: 350
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Thats pretty impressive, You would think heatsinks would have helped though.
Activity: 412
I have also bought some collers an will glue it in backside of board where it "missing"
I will put there maybe small cpu cooler with fan on it need to check ho much place is there.
Also planing to put some coller on chips behind 220 uf capactotor and remove that a bit so cooler can be biger.
Waiting for cooling glue paste to do that, but have ni intent to go higher than 41K resistor.

Now with no overclock just bfgminer works so so, from 2.35 MH to 2.55 MH
what is not even near declaration.

Which cgminer people use for blade?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Question, is there a resistor that can be lowered in resistance to achieve the OV? much like there is w/ a resistor divider type circuit? I dont know how this board works , dont know where diagram is.
But if there is please let me know which resistor =) Thanks
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
You can use the 8 chip ones from github.
If they aren't the good ones, they are really close and show you how are driven 5 lines of 8 chips on the blade.
the powerboard looks the same too except for a few components replaced with equivalent ones (VRM for example) and the main capacitor that for some reasons is 25V on the design and 16V on the blade. 25 is the good value for me. One rule for any capacitor to be safe: twice the voltage that will go through.
Activity: 339
Vice versa is not a meal.
Good work and much appreciation.
I will follow your Thread. : )!

EDIT: Are there any circuit diagrams available from the blade?

Regards
Hi wolfey,

I'll stay with the actual stable overclocking until I go back home in a few days as I'll have more hardware and components available to test.

For now, using cpuminer, it seems that some chips do want to go higher that 1075Mhz, and some do prefer 1025 or 1000.
I should have received some heatsinks the proper size at home for the gridseed chips, so I'll try it, just in case it helps a little.

I should also have from other projects most of the components needed to duplicate the powerboard.

As a side note, Zig and wolfey, your help is very much appreciated, but please stay on topic in the thread. Personal issues should be solved in PM.

Activity: 378
Will this void the warranty?

Yes, and it'll most likely destroy your blade, so don't do it unless you know what you do and you are able to fix all the mess you could have done trying to improve.

I decided to try it because I was confident I'll be able to fix it or at least revert back to stock if anything went wrong.
Even knowing that, I only tried one PCB at a time

So, any further progress with your blade experimentation? Or are you taking a break from R&D for a couple days ? Wink
I still see slightly better $/KH performance per chip out of overclocked pods than blades at this point.
Do you think the blade can be further overclocked enough to at least match oc'd pod performance without a lot more modifications and hardware upgrades?
I mean, the thing I like about the blade over the pod right now is 1 blade obviously takes up a lot less space than 16 pods would at 80 chips total for both.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Pretty awesome!
Which supplier did you buy yours from? Im trying to figure out if GAWminers(atari02) is reputable or not...
Never bought a blade from GAWMiners, but did buy pods. They were quick and easy with fast shipping. No problems with them from my experience.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Ah I see. Thanks!

Yes, and it'll most likely destroy your blade, so don't do it unless you know what you do and you are able to fix all the mess you could have done trying to improve.

I decided to try it because I was confident I'll be able to fix it or at least revert back to stock if anything went wrong.
Even knowing that, I only tried one PCB at a time
ZiG
Activity: 406

With ASICs and their short lifetime span the "warranty" is pretty much nonexistent...IMHO

Yes. Mods void all warranties.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
what about replacing the mosfets?

the twin ones are IR5300, the 90° flipped one however is a 5301

i made a table on Digikey with ones matchig the package type, sorted down by amperage:
HEXFETs

but someone who knows better should filter it down further by all that stuff like D2S, Vgs, Qg, Ciss etc pp...

Thanks for your help.

if we stick with PQFN package, this one should be fine with higher specs.

http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfh7004pbf.pdf

@ GenTarkin , I still don't really understand how to make appropriate calculation on HW errors percentage.

here is tonight result

actually, 487 errors on 10 hours @ 7488kh/s with difficulty 2300

My math would be 487/(7488*1000*3600*10)*100 = 0.0018%
can someone please confirm my math is OK?
It should be ok if 1 HW error is actually 1 failed hash over thousands because of HW

It would be different if it was 1 failed good share because of HW, but how can you guess it is a good share if it failed?

This one should be good substitute IMHO...:

http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfh4201pbf.pdf

100A continuous current ... Wink

But main Capacitor is too small...needs a much bigger value...

ZiG

No need for 100A continuous current. Way overkill!
A couple higher value caps are called for or at least 1 higher value cap.
It should not be getting hot much less warm. Anyway.....
Wolfey2014

Wolfey...I don't understand... WHY you are filling obligated to POST YOUR OPINION(S) ABOUT THINGS that you DON"T HAVE A SLIGHTEST CLUE HOW ARE THEY DESIGNED AND OPERATED...?

Do you still think that the Gridseed CHIPS are supplied with 12V...or 5V...or maybe 3.3 V...as you posted in the other thread for 5-chips voltage mod...?... I will give you a clue...NONE OF THE ABOVE... Grin   

What about Amperage 1 Gridseed chip is sucking ...@ Stock / idle...or Overvolted / Overclocked...Any Ideas...?

In order to post this (non-sence) opinion...you should know that first...and multiply by 40 chips on one blade board...Capisco...?

Please...stop contaminating EVERY thread that you are getting your fingers on...it is making them very UNREADABLE and HARD to follow...pages and pages of very little or no substance...

Thanks...

ZiG 

Zig, stop attacking me and trying to justify it with your own 'non-sense'.
I am not even going to bother defending myself to you.
There is plenty of evidence on other threads that YOU don't know what you're talking about! Why are people ruining their pods with the Zig mod? Yeah, you really know what you're doing there pal.
What I state about things are easily understood by people that can read and understand English! Stop trying to fool everybody. It ain't workin!
Gridseed ARE powered by 12V and 5V. That is all I ever said and it IS true! Stop trying to twist everything I say in some lame attempt to be right, maggot!
I do a lot more good on here than you do, anyway!
Bye bye!
ZiG

i made a table on Digikey with ones matchig the package type, sorted down by amperage:
HEXFETs

but someone who knows better should filter it down further by all that stuff like D2S, Vgs, Qg, Ciss etc pp...

Thanks for your help.

@ GenTarkin , I still don't really understand how to make appropriate calculation on HW errors percentage.

here is tonight result

It should be ok if 1 HW error is actually 1 failed hash over thousands because of HW

It would be different if it was 1 failed good share because of HW, but how can you guess it is a good share if it failed?

ZiG

Wolfey2014

Wolfey...I don't understand... WHY you are filling obligated to POST YOUR OPINION(S) ABOUT THINGS that you DON"T HAVE A SLIGHTEST CLUE HOW ARE THEY DESIGNED AND OPERATING...?

Do you still think that the Gridseed CHIPS are supplied with 12V...or 5V...or maybe 3.3 V...as you posted in the other thread for 5-chips voltage mod...?... I will give you a clue...NONE OF THE ABOVE... Grin  

What about Amperage 1 Gridseed chip is sucking ...@ Stock / idle...or Overvolted / Overclocked...Any Ideas...?

In order to post this (non-sence) opinion...you should know that first...and multiply by 40 chips on one blade board...Capisco...?

Please...stop contaminating EVERY thread that you are getting your fingers on...it is making them very UNREADABLE and HARD to follow...pages and pages of very little or no substance...

Thanks...

ZiG  

EDIT...: ...And just to show that I REALLY don't have anything personally against you except above...
               -I will give you a hand again... Wattage P is = Voltage V * Cirrent I ...or maybe you are already familiar with the Formula ... P = V * I

-5-chip design is sucking 20+ Watts "P" ...overvolted/overclocked...knowing the Voltage "V"...you can figure out the Current "I"... divide by 5 ...you are getting current requirement PER CHIP...Now multiply by 40 ...for the Blade(s) design...Got it...?  ...SECOND EDIT...ANSWER...NO

HEXFETs

Thanks for your help.

here is tonight result

ZiG

Wolfey2014
ZiG

HEXFETs

Thanks for your help.

here is tonight result

ZiG
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
I know this is a little off-topic but how many blades can you run on 1 ras pi?

We have been running 4 off one Pi with our firmware with no issues.

Think we maybe able to get to 6 or 8 …. working on it.

Question, how the hell are you able to do this? I have 2 pi's and after about a minute of mining the USB port just resets and mining stops. I have a powered hub plugged into the rpi's USB port and the miners plugged into the powered hub.
Each pi had the same freaking issue.
Please advise! =)
Pages:
Jump to: