Pages:
Author

Topic: GRIDSEED G-BLADE Overclocking 7Mh/s, improvements and repair - page 32. (Read 74047 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I know this is a little off-topic but how many blades can you run on 1 ras pi?

I have asked the same question, I have seen a video of someone running multiple blades however he was running it via a PC.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Good work man!

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I know this is a little off-topic but how many blades can you run on 1 ras pi?
Activity: 98
Pretty awesome!
Which supplier did you buy yours from? Im trying to figure out if GAWminers(atari02) is reputable or not...

I have ordered mine through Hashra -- $1,600 for Blade, PSU, Raspberry Pi and all of the cables.... Just hoping DHL will deliver them tomorrow :-) I have been in constant touch with these guys and also they do provide their own image for the blades.

Check Gridseed's website for official list of sellers.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Don't try this at home unless you know what you are doing.
Serious damages can happen and is not limited to you, your family, your G-Blade, your house.
I can't be held responsible for any damage that can happen if you try this voltmod. It's still in early stage of testing to improve stability and reduce overheating.

Here are more pics from the mod with 50K pot to go slowly on overvolting.
The 2 disassembled PCB

Here is a close up view of the place where the 33k resistor needs to be swapped.

And here is the wiring made plus a few comments on  blown components and overheating area.

One of the culprits for overheating might be the ferrite beads, I'll try to replace them with higher capacity ones that should be delivered soon.
Please note that the power connector will also be at its limits or a little over them when overvolting, so another component that needs to be replaced.

Activity: 71
Pretty awesome!
Which supplier did you buy yours from? Im trying to figure out if GAWminers(atari02) is reputable or not...

Gawminers is reputable.  I've had 3 solid orders including blade (which arrives this wed).  Of course how can you trust me?  I guess I could put up a shipping label of completed tracking number, but I also suggest calling oneself - There is a real full staff and they actually answer their phones.  The owner can be looked up online easily enough if you call them.  They def have some growing pains but also have a policy to compensate for every day that a delivery goes past 5 days.  The prices/deals/rewards beat anyone that I could find.  I've been meaning to write a larger review once I get my blades..
Pretty awesome!

Don't know about Gawminers, but for Europe, MinerEU is cheap (considering I should pay VAT and impor duties) and fast to ship.
Zoomhash looks ok too, got a few pods from them earlier.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Pretty awesome!
first proof of work

Not as easy as you should imagine, the power stage on the PCB is almost at its limits.

resistor replaced with 39k. Everything over this point will work for a few minutes before stopping sending shares or even worst, blowing the 16V 220uF filtering capacitor.
25V should be the good value anyway when powering with 12V.

239 watt at wall.

More pics and info will follow
As said earlier, I bought 1 blade to try to voltmod it.
Mine works stock around 6Mh/s @ 875Mhz with less than 0.1% HW errors.

Disassembly is really easy, 10 screws to remove: 6 for joining the 2 PCB, and 4 for the fan.

First thing that you will notice when seeing the PCB is that it will need better cooling if overclocked.

The chips are simply cooled by the fan blowing air on them.
No heatshink or so.

The voltmod will be the same principle as the one on the 5 chips pod:

Replacing the good resistor (that is still a 33k) with a bigger one, up to 50k maybe.

To be safe, I'll go step by step, increasing the value slowly.

Pictures and updates soon.

Edit:

Here is what I used to make all my mods

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7298275

And here is a step by step testing for a failed G-Blade that will help me/you fix it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7330855

The only part not covered is when the STM32 chip controlling USB is fried.
I'll update it later when we'll be sure that the firmware I've extracted works correctly.

Pages:
Jump to: