Pages:
Author

Topic: [GRK][TITAN] LIS Investment Group present to you 'Greekcoin' - page 7. (Read 31297 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
The dev has been awfully quiet. Too quiet.

come on. It is WC 2014 in Brasil!!! And he was here yesterday. look at other DEV they are not active for days, weeks, months and DEV don't need to be active on the board he needs to be active in the background, just saying hi, i'm still here is more then enough.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
The dev has been awfully quiet. Too quiet.
legendary

█ ★Greekcoin (GRK) → Now Live on: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Greekcoin

Hope you and the community like it. For a brief description about www.cryptocoinrank.com see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annwwwcryptocoinrankcom-for-sale-for-sale-for-sale-579901

Enjoy  Smiley

+1 This indicates again how cheap GRK is, only place 236.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

█ ★Greekcoin (GRK) → Now Live on: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Greekcoin

Hope you and the community like it. For a brief description about www.cryptocoinrank.com see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annwwwcryptocoinrankcom-for-sale-for-sale-for-sale-579901

Enjoy  Smiley
Activity: 95
[T] - TITAN WILL BE THE NEW COIN NAME!!!

Ticker symbol [TITAN] would be better than just T, it would help people promote this coin better.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Titan is a pretty solid name, you're sure it's not taken right?

If you're able to set up a bounty with the premine/IPO then I'm sure there are people out there who can come up with a fitting logo.
Titan is a good name!

Dev - please review the latest messy drama with this coin that had actually pumped from 62 sat (or lower) to 7-8k sat: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-poloniex-has-rejected-supercoin-652351

And Poloniex's standards explained here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7314930

Let's be sure to not make the same mistake with Titan (no matter how innocent the mistake). More and more exchanges are conducting careful code reviews.

If you want the community (or those outside of the community) to submit logo designs, I would recommend a bounty. I can't even draw stick figures, so I'm not suggesting this for my own benefit. I believe more people will take the time to design a nice logo for your review if you offer something to the selected winner.

I look forward to some updates from you soon (dev progress mostly). Thanks!

Activity: 115
We need a new logo for Titan coin, so people that have some ideas, please post it here.
Activity: 115
[T] - TITAN WILL BE THE NEW COIN NAME!!!

+1  Some good points, but you cannot expect DEV to be around all day, it is weekend and it is WC 2014 in Brasil Cheesy

You are right. Told you I was pushy Smiley

Btw, supercoin is scam, all those good to be true coins... did you read the annoucement from Poloniex...

I did! Holy cow. That is further argument that Greekcoin's code has to be clean and tight before it has a prayer of getting listed on Poloniex.

One thing I know about Poloniex is how much they appreciate and respect the Cryptonote coins. So DEV - not sure there is any possibility of leveraging Cryptonote's ring signature, or even being influenced by it for this coin, but it would be a very positive association if this were possible. If this is crazy talk, just keep in mind the coin's code needs to be clean clean clean. This is yet another result of so many scam coins entering the market on a daily basis.

You know the code is open source Cheesy so everybody can check it Cheesy

It is open source, but for each coin, certain parameters are changed. That's how exchanges are aware (assuming they all do some level of code reviewing) that X coin is a copy from Y coin. For example, some scrypt coins are direct copies of Litecoin, while others have actually made specific changes to coin count, reward system, events, etc. So the majority of the code can be legit functionally, but the devil is in the details Wink

Lately there have been a barrage of X13 and X11 coins, and the word on the street is that developers are simply choosing any previous coin with the algo they're interested in and copying that. I've even heard that some coins don't bother changing the original coin's name in the code comments (lazy, anyone?). Anyway, the point isn't that each coin should be written from scratch because we know that's not happening for 99% of the coins out there, but each coin, copy/paste or not, should be clean and reviewed thoroughly by the dev to ensure that any exchange conducting a code review finds nothing wrong or questionable about it.
legendary

+1  Some good points, but you cannot expect DEV to be around all day, it is weekend and it is WC 2014 in Brasil Cheesy

Btw, supercoin is scam, all those good to be true coins... did you read the annoucement from Poloniex...

I did! Holy cow. That is further argument that Greekcoin's code has to be clean and tight before it has a prayer of getting listed on Poloniex.

One thing I know about Poloniex is how much they appreciate and respect the Cryptonote coins. So DEV - not sure there is any possibility of leveraging Cryptonote's ring signature, or even being influenced by it for this coin, but it would be a very positive association if this were possible. If this is crazy talk, just keep in mind the coin's code needs to be clean clean clean. This is yet another result of so many scam coins entering the market on a daily basis.

You know the code is open source Cheesy so everybody can check it Cheesy

+1  Some good points, but you cannot expect DEV to be around all day, it is weekend and it is WC 2014 in Brasil Cheesy

legendary

legendary
Did someone follows the Teslacoin story? I sold too early, was at 200 a few days ago, and didn't re-enter at 90. But i'm wondering what is moving this coin so high. This is what GRK is missing. You will not tell me that a coin with only 7,500,000 coins cannot hold the 300sats mark, now we are talking about 15BTC, if someone want he can buy up all the coins.

Edit : equalizer, you seems to be very interesting and pro-active in this coin. do you have any ideas to move this one higher?

http://247cryptonews.com/tesla-coin-nikola-tesla-brought-back-in-crypto-currency-form/

How easy will it be to get Greekcoin on 237cryptonews.com?

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but this coin is premature for effective marketing at this moment in time. IMHO we need the DEV to deliver more before there is anything the community can hype about this coin. The coin count alone isn't ever enough - scarcity only matters if the coin is valued by the market, and currently it's going unnoticed because there is nothing that sets it apart from another low count coin (and since the POW is finished, we can't attract new miners either).

ASAP, the coin needs an image makeover (new name, new logo) and differentiators (anon - which to be fair is something everyone is saying they're 'planning' on implementing so it's not even that interesting anymore unless this coin offers a completely new and original solution). Once these things are in place, pumpers will suddenly show up on this thread and on twitter (after they've bought a shit ton of these) and pump the hell out of this coin. But they won't do it unless there are attributes they can 'pump' to the wider market. I watched this happen with Supercoin.

One idea I wonder about is somehow leveraging the cryptonote ring signature technology into this coin. Currently only cryptonote coins mined on CPUs have this technology implemented, but there is talk about cryptonote coins being mined by GPUs going forward. Mining is over for Greekcoin, and I realize what I'm suggesting may be totally out there, whacko, nuttier than a bag of nuts, maybe even impossible, but I would imagine the first GPU mined coin using cryptonote anon technology will be a huge hit - bigger than big. So perhaps the DEV for this coin could review the cryptonote whitepaper and see if he can at least be inspired by it?

I don't want to be insulting to the dev team since I don't know how far they've gotten with their anon solution - my understanding is that a native anon version was built but is currently experiencing difficulties.

Dev - can we get an update from you on your development progress as well as the other questions I asked earlier? You've been relatively quiet lately, and I worry you're losing interest in this coin. Paranoia sets in because I watched the Honorcoin dev (the original one) decrease his involvement then completely disappear, only to laugh at everyone for being suckered into his scam. You've stated before that if you wanted to dump, you would have done it already and left the coin to die...some more activity from you and regular reassurances will go a long way. Too many scams of late have made people extra nervous about where they place their trust (and btc).

Did someone follows the Teslacoin story? I sold too early, was at 200 a few days ago, and didn't re-enter at 90. But i'm wondering what is moving this coin so high. This is what GRK is missing. You will not tell me that a coin with only 7,500,000 coins cannot hold the 300sats mark, now we are talking about 15BTC, if someone want he can buy up all the coins.

Edit : equalizer, you seems to be very interesting and pro-active in this coin. do you have any ideas to move this one higher?

http://247cryptonews.com/tesla-coin-nikola-tesla-brought-back-in-crypto-currency-form/

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but this coin is premature for effective marketing at this moment in time. IMHO we need the DEV to deliver more before there is anything the community can hype about this coin. The coin count alone isn't ever enough - scarcity only matters if the coin is valued by the market, and currently it's going unnoticed because there is nothing that sets it apart from another low count coin (and since the POW is finished, we can't attract new miners either).

ASAP, the coin needs an image makeover (new name, new logo) and differentiators (anon - which to be fair is something everyone is saying they're 'planning' on implementing so it's not even that interesting anymore unless this coin offers a completely new and original solution). Once these things are in place, pumpers will suddenly show up on this thread and on twitter (after they've bought a shit ton of these) and pump the hell out of this coin. But they won't do it unless there are attributes they can 'pump' to the wider market. I watched this happen with Supercoin.

One idea I wonder about is somehow leveraging the cryptonote ring signature technology into this coin. Currently only cryptonote coins mined on CPUs have this technology implemented, but there is talk about cryptonote coins being mined by GPUs going forward. Mining is over for Greekcoin, and I realize what I'm suggesting may be totally out there, whacko, nuttier than a bag of nuts, maybe even impossible, but I would imagine the first GPU mined coin using cryptonote anon technology will be a huge hit - bigger than big. So perhaps the DEV for this coin could review the cryptonote whitepaper and see if he can at least be inspired by it?

I don't want to be insulting to the dev team since I don't know how far they've gotten with their anon solution - my understanding is that a native anon version was built but is currently experiencing difficulties.

Dev - can we get an update from you on your development progress as well as the other questions I asked earlier? You've been relatively quiet lately, and I worry you're losing interest in this coin. Paranoia sets in because I watched the Honorcoin dev (the original one) decrease his involvement then completely disappear, only to laugh at everyone for being suckered into his scam. You've stated before that if you wanted to dump, you would have done it already and left the coin to die...some more activity from you and regular reassurances will go a long way. Too many scams of late have made people extra nervous about where they place their trust (and btc).
legendary

Dev - what do you think of the coin names proposed so far? Do any of them resonate with you? We'd love to hear from you.

There are a few:

Chronos  coin - No
Cronus coin - No
Atlas coin - Looks nice
Eos coin - No
Proteus coin - No
Titan coin - Looks nice
Athena coin - No
Vega - Looks nice
Delta - No
Theta - No
Gamma - No
Rho - Looks nice

So Atlas, Titan, Vega and Rho are the ones that looks interesting.

Great. So a few questions for the DEV:

- How would you like to go about choosing a name and logo? (what would you like the process to be?)
- By when will you be deciding on the anon discussion/meeting date?
- Can you give us a quick status on the development efforts?
- What types of marketing/communication activities do you have in mind (once the name/logo/website are updated)?
- Is there anything you need the community's help with?
legendary
Dev - what do you think of the coin names proposed so far? Do any of them resonate with you? We'd love to hear from you.

There are a few:

Chronos  coin - No
Cronus coin - No
Atlas coin - Looks nice
Eos coin - No
Proteus coin - No
Titan coin - Looks nice
Athena coin - No
Vega - Looks nice
Delta - No
Theta - No
Gamma - No
Rho - Looks nice

So Atlas, Titan, Vega and Rho are the ones that looks interesting.

We can use easy tickers

Atlas : A
Titan : T
Vega : V
Rho : R
Pages:
Jump to: